Nakedwines.com is revolutionizing the way we enjoy wine by connecting every day wine drinkers with the world's best winemakers.
We are the largest direct-to-consumer wine business in the USA shipping over 1m cases a year and have ambitious growth plans ahead of us. By funding winemakers upfront we can offer wines that taste more expensive than they are which unlocks a huge target market.
Our global team is entrepreneurial by nature, obsessive about customer experience and performance-driven, which makes this is a place you will be inspired to grow personally as well as professionally.
Assist the Controller and Sr. Cost Accountant with various project work related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, month end and payroll duties.
To nail your job you will:
- Assist in the posting, balancing, and reconciliation of the general ledger
- Participate in semi-monthly payroll preparation and processing
- Process bank deposits
- Review weekly pay run to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Process checks for signature and mailing
- Assists with month end closure, balance sheet reconciliation, and basic accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedure, including general accounting tasks
- Investigate/resolve general inquiries and process adjustments
- Receive and route incoming mail/invoices
- Assist as needed with special projects such as printing, filing, data entry, and excise tax preparation, etc.
- Assist with preparation of audit documentation
We'll love you because you:
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Have 3+ years of double entry and accrual based accounting experience
- Can comfortably use spreadsheets and Finance systems
- Know your way around Microsoft Office applications (G Suite a plus)
- Have strong computer and data entry skills
- Are able to multitask effectively
- Possess excellent organizational skills
How we reward you:
- Competitive wages
- Standard health benefits
- Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject line: "Junior Accountant".
This is a 6 month temporary assignment with the possibility of permanent hire.