We believe great wine should be an everyday pleasure, not a privilege
We've got over 100,000 "Angel investors" who put money aside every month to support talented independent winemakers, giving them the freedom and time to make wines that inspire.
The very best winemakers in the country have noticed our growth and some have even started working exclusively for us (Rubicon, Grange, etc.). And our customer base is growing so quickly, we had to start a waiting list (about 10k customers on there at the minute).
The best part is that we are still in the early days, scratching the surface of the full market potential, just beginning to optimize every exciting part of the business, from customer acquisition to retention.
- …question the status quo
- …are curious, imaginative, and sort of hate the way most companies write about wine
- …picture yourself as an innovator, take pride in the impact you can have in the world
- …have a strong sense of humor and don't take yourself seriously
About the role
Within this role you will lead the following:
- Full responsibility of stock accounting, including pricing, receipting of goods journals, inventory valuation and inventory balance sheet management
- Posting and ownership of all excise taxes
- Payroll processing
- Assisting with the annual audit process
- Working with the Director of Finance and the business to improve inventory costing processes
- Support the implementation of a group-wide finance system
- AdHoc projects to support finance and the wider business
- CPA qualified
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Strong detail and accuracy orientation
- 3+ years of experience as a Cost Accountant
- Advanced experience of excel spreadsheets and modelling
- Excellent communication skills and ability to discuss accounting with non-accounting colleagues
- Wine experience beneficial
- Must have the right to work in the U.S.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation time
- Monthly gym contribution
- Wine allowance
- Salary Dependent on experience and qualifications
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with email subject line: Cost Accountant. Applicants will also be required to take an online assessment. No agencies please.