We believe great wine should be an everyday pleasure, not a privilege
We've got over 100,000 "Angel investors" who put money aside every month to support talented independent winemakers, giving them the freedom and time to make wines that inspire.
The very best winemakers in the country have noticed our growth and some have even started working exclusively for us (Rubicon, Grange, etc.). And our customer base is growing so quickly, we had to start a waiting list (about 10k customers on there at the minute).
The best part is that we are still in the early days, scratching the surface of the full market potential, just beginning to optimize every exciting part of the business, from customer acquisition to retention.
- …question the status quo
- …are curious, imaginative, and sort of hate the way most companies write about wine
- …picture yourself as an innovator, take pride in the impact you can have in the world
- …have a strong sense of humor and don't take yourself seriously
About the role
We're looking for an imaginative and skilled copywriter to write content that conveys all our company values, the quality of our wines, and the unique human stories of our winemakers and customers.
We want somebody who tells our story so well, that our customers look forward to hearing from us and can't fathom the idea of leaving us. Our wine descriptions, CRM emails, packaging, website copy, blog posts and basically every word we present to the world should set us apart from other wine companies and charm the socks off everybody who reads them, fostering loyalty deep down in their hearts.
Your words and copy will be used across multiple channels like email, social, website, and direct mail to motivate customers to enjoy our wines, engage with our winemakers, and become loyal lifelong customers.
Reporting to our senior copywriter, you'll be responsible for writing about our wines, our winemakers, and our company in a way that reflects Naked tone and company values. You'll be working in fast-paced entrepreneurial creative team who are all about delivering an outstanding customer experience.
You should be a good writer who can match our brand tone and communicate with our customers and our winemakers in a way that feels personal and human.
Your responsibility will be to write our stories for all of our customers and help increase their lifetime value by increasing retention with your brilliant writing.
If you're a crazy good writer who thinks that the way most companies write about wine is ridiculously boring, and wants to change the world…. Then we may have a spot for you in a quirky little office full to the brim with wine samples and overlooking beautiful Californian wine country
We'll ultimately judge you by your writing ability and creative thinking, but a few years experience as a copywriter or similar role is a plus.
You'll be our wordsmith and must be able to…
- help the team come up with creative ways to tell our story
- display a mastery of the English language and the written word
- write about a traditional, sometimes pretentious subject in an approachable, charming way
- understand the basics of sales writing and maintain tone while getting conversions
- know how to balance that sales knowledge with the goal of customer loyalty
- write about things other than wine
- adapt your writing to different channels and media
- adhere to deadlines
- some solid wine chops a plus (but don't be a wine bore)
In addition to the key attributes listed above, we are looking for a funny, wine-loving individual who:
- Doesn't crack under pressure (i.e. laughs, doesn't cry) when holding 12 plates that are spinning at the same time, while standing on the tip of a rocket at launch
- Is fun to work with and be around!
- Salary DOE
- 20 days PTO plus an extra day for your birthday (as long as you bring in cake for the team!) and holidays
- A generous wine allowance
- The chance to work for an innovative company that rewards those who go the extra mile
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter and examples of your writing. Include at least one example in which you are trying to convince somebody to do something and one example where you are writing in a voice other than your own.