What is nakedwines.com?
We believe the wine industry is broken. Our mission at Nakedwines.com is to connect everyday wine drinkers with the world's best winemakers. We currently serve a community of over 500,000 wine drinkers who invest in over 150 winemakers, globally.
Data Science at nakedwines.com:
Nakedwines.com has been a data lead organization from the beginning and we leverage data in just about every decision we make. However, while we have a robust analytics function, we're just now starting on our data science journey so it's an exciting time to join the team! We have an incredible data asset that we feel is underutilized and we're looking to change that. Our data science team will be tasked with enabling a high degree of personalization in our webstore and play a pivotal role in shaping how our customers and winemakers interact with each other.
We're looking for a veteran data scientist to help us:
- Fully leverage our data assets by developing algorithms to give our customers an unparalleled, highly personalized experience on our website and mobile app
- Work closely with our engineering teams to take ideas from offline prototypes to scalable production services
- Play a foundational role in helping shape data science at nakedwines.com
- Foster a data lead culture and mentor junior data scientists
We want to chat with you if:
- You have 5+ years of industry experience in data science, or related, roles
- You have a grasp of applied probability and statistics commensurate with a Masters degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline (note: there is no hard degree requirement)
- You are highly proficient in Python or R (and their accompanying data science stacks) and have experience developing code in collaborative environments
- You write SQL in your sleep (sorry, no divas here, we build our own datasets)
- You have experience developing production ready algorithms. Bonus points for having played a role in deploying, monitoring, and supporting those models
- You can put together a decent slide deck and communicate complex ideas to colleagues in other areas of the business
You'll stand out from the crowd if:
- You have extensive, real world experience with recommendation systems
- You are naturally curious and eager to learn
- You take initiative and can sell your ideas
- You find purpose in helping to fix a broken industry
To apply, please click here to start your employment application.