Nakedwines.com is revolutionizing the way we enjoy wine by connecting every day wine drinkers with the world's best winemakers.
We are the largest direct-to-consumer wine business in the USA shipping over 1m cases a year and have ambitious growth plans ahead of us. By funding winemakers upfront we can offer wines that taste more expensive than they are which unlocks a huge target market.
Our global team is entrepreneurial by nature, obsessive about customer experience and performance-driven, which makes this is a place you will be inspired to grow personally as well as professionally.
Your chief goal will be to recommend effective tax strategies that comply with laws and promote our company's financial well-being. Your responsibilities will include preparing tax returns, analyzing tax regulations, monitoring industry trends, and completing tax reports.
To nail your job you will:
- Manage the US corporate federal and local tax compliance process with internal and external parties including tax provisions, annual returns, and quarterly tax estimates
- Ensure accurate, timely filing and payment of consolidated federal, state and local income, sales and excise tax returns
- Coordinate the processes, systems/software, and strategy with respect to sales and excise tax
- Research and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
- Help plan and structure corporate growth from a tax perspective including researching and recommending proper tax considerations for entering new jurisdictions
- Create/Support internal tax documentation to be used by the company in achieving tax initiatives
- Assist the broader finance team with tax related items for monthly/quarterly book reconciliations/closings
- Review general ledger accounts for tax implications/adjustments
- Work with external advisers in managing long-term and discrete projects
- Compile and present tax recommendations to senior management
- Assist in managing taxing authority audit and notice resolution
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects
We'll love you because you:
- Know your way around an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Are comfortable analyzing and advising on sales tax and corporate income tax obligations across the U.S.
- Can manage multiple projects at once
- Work in the alcohol industry and with alcohol excise tax
- Think strategically, are data-driven and detail-oriented
- Have a strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Earned a Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, such as Accounting & have 5+ years of federal and state tax experience for a U.S. corporation
How we reward you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual company share issue
- Annual company bonus
- Standard employee benefits (health, holiday, wine and more!)
- Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with email subject line: "Tax Accountant".