Who we are:
Nakedwines.com is creating a community of wine drinkers and winemakers who are changing the wine world for the better. Our customers support talented, independent winemakers across the USA and the world, in return for access to exclusive hand-crafted wines at amazing prices. Because we fund winemakers upfront, Nakedwines.com can remove a huge chunk of the costs that would usually be passed back to the customer.
Nakedwines.com started in the UK in 2008 and by 2012 Naked Wines launched in the US and later in Australia. The US business recently celebrated our 6th anniversary and we are delivering profits along with significant growth. We have a marketing, operations, finance and customer service team approaching 100 people based in Napa, and a production site in Kenwood.
Come be a part of a culture of fun, hard-working people in a laid-back environment where employees come to work in flip flops and jeans. All of our staff members are very friendly and helpful, so before long you will be coming to work with your friends.
We are looking for a Wine Planning Project Manager to join our team.
The Wine Planning Project Manager will provide a key link between our wine production team and the rest of the business. This will involve making sure new winemakers, new wine brands and new wines launch successfully by managing them from idea conception through to launch on the site - ensuring all elements of production, procurement, branding, finance and marketing are in place and aligned. The role will also be responsible for supporting the business growth and existing portfolio, making sure customer led decision making is fed back into the production plan and managing the Demand Planner and Stock Controller to deliver this. A positive attitude and ability to get things done are key to success in this role!
The role will include the following key responsibilities:
- Project manage new winemakers, wines and brands into the nakedwines.com portfolio by managing across departments, ensuring they are delivered as intended, within budget and timelines, with a clear purpose and story
- Work with the Wine Strategy Manager to deliver all the wine needs of the business - ensuring we have the right wines available to our customers at the right time within budget - your key role here will be managing the plan timelines, communicating and contracting needs with winemakers and understanding and exploring all possibilities
- Support the growth of the US business by understanding the wine requirements of new business projects
- Be the Planning team point of contact to get questions answered and problems solved
This role will report to the Vice President of Wine Planning & Procurement.
We are looking for an individual who has demonstrable experience in excelling in the following areas:
- Organization - develop and follow a plan
- Communication - make sure all key stakeholders have input and understand the plan
- Creative thinking / problem solving - willingness to overcome hurdles as they occur
- Negotiation - ability to negotiate with key internal stakeholders
- Time Management - understand where to focus your attention and plan accordingly
- Passionate - willingness to champion projects internally
- Commercial / business acumen - understand the business end goal and priorities
- Leadership / Team management - manage the team to deliver results
No wine industry experience required, wine knowledge preferred.
We require this individual to work 5 days per week (Mon-Fri) in our Napa HQ.
Compensation and Benefits
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time
- Monthly gym contribution
- Wine allowance
- Compensation - Dependent on experience and qualifications
- Email your resume and cover letter to Lucy.Devlin@nakedwines.com with email subject line: Wine Planning Project Manager
- Applicants may also be required to take an online assessment