WE'RE NOT SURE
- An incredibly refined and elegant take on a classic New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc— this wine is super-special and nicely structured, full of zippy flavors like passionfruit and sweet, creamy lemon meringue.
- Rod Easthope left the best winemaking job in New Zealand to work exclusively for you... and now you get his iconic Hawkes Bay Sauvignon Blanc for a song.
- Not as overtly tropical or as grassy as other SBs, this is the perfect crisp white to pair with finer fare, like fresh lobster!
WE'RE NOT SURE
With rugged texture and exquisite depth, Carmen’s triumphant blend is layered with brambly berry, rustic spice – the perfect red for a flame-kissed, peppery steak or a wedge of creamy cheese.
With her $100,000 cash prize, Carmen created this one-of-a-kind red from prestigious wine regions Stellenbosch and Elgin. The fruit was handpicked and aged 10 months in expensive oak barrels – and with your support, this luxe wine is yours for a serious steal.
When Carmen became your first Winemaker of the Year back in 2015, it gave her even more firepower to craft a vivacious red blend that embodies the delicious flavors of South African wine – and her gratitude for the support you’ve given her all these years.
- Tom's popular red blends have propelled his success – so when he received carte blanche to craft a new wine, he knew just what to do...
- ...make another deeply delicious red that embraces the bold flavors of California! Fruity Syrah, inky Tannat, aromatic Merlot and plummy Malbec masterfully make for a new Shula signature you're bound to love.
- Toss carne asada and chiles with lime and salt – and fire up the grill (be sure to warm tortillas while you're at it!) Fresh Mex tastes even better with a tall glass of this peppery red nearby.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stephen harvested grapes from his Calaveras estate and sun-soaked Lodi to make your latest top-shelf Black Label wine – loaded with bold, jammy flavor and a touch of spice.
Your reigning winemaking champion only makes this sinfully-lush red once a blue moon, when the vintage is spectacular... And thanks to Angels, it’s yours for a steal.
Stephen’s dark and dreamy Petite is perfect for BBQ ribs dripping in sauce, or a juicy burger on the grill (the messier, the better!).
Stephen’s rich and juicy Cab is smoother than a slurp of rich melted chocolate. Dark fruits and toasty spices will make your taste buds go ahhhh...
Lodi had a cooler harvest this vintage, which gave these grapes an extra boost of robust flavor and color while they ripened slowly on the vine. And because of your support, you’re getting this luscious Cab for less than $10!
Stephen likes to drink this red with a juicy burger. "Just add grilled mushrooms, sweet onions, and all the fixin’s," he says.
You love Scott’s wildly popular white – and this year, he's added extra layers of refinement, bright acidity, and cranked your Pinot Gris up to an 11!
Only an Angel-funded winemaker would have the freedom to do something crazy like this. Scott went to the most famous red wine region in Oregon, and made a white!
- Enjoy this one out on the deck, sun on your back and fresh farmers market salad (loaded with avocado) in hand. This PG is going to make your summer.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Your most popular winemaker did it again! This turbo-charged Cab features dark fruits like blackberry and rich toasted flavors like the crust of cherry pie – so soft and smooth!
- Stephen's delicious Black Label wines are a couple bucks more expensive than his normal wines, but you get so much for that $2 it's unbelievable. He gets that quality by going up into the Sierra Foothills and working with really high-end Cab vineyards.
- Tender, juicy steak, sizzling on the grill 'til it's cooked just right... it's the perfect pairing (if you don't finish the whole bottle while you're cooking).
- Classic Cabernet that swings in with wallop of berries and vanilla spices, thanks some extra aging in American oak.
- Thanks to Clarksburg's hot summer sun, David's latest Cab is full of extra-ripe fruit flavors like plums and ripe cherries that warm your tummy and woo your tastebuds.
- This Cabernet just screams for a sizzling slab of beef - you can turn a simple piece of meat into a carnivore's fine dining dream.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- "This wine is a blend of Old Vine Zinfandel grapes, with some vines up to eighty years of age. With Old Vines, you get fewer grapes, but more concentrated and nuanced fruit, so it is best to respect the fruit and let it speak for itself."
- "My goal was to make a very rich full bodied Zinfandel with oak nuance, and Angels let me do exactly that so it's a great value. Wines like this one usually sell for a minimum of $35 and go right on up from there."
- "I get to make several small lot Zinfandels with my Angel funding, and what makes this one special is the incredible character and expression of the old vineyards... you have to taste it to believe it."
This iconic Alexander Valley Cab is rich, silky and sprinkled with delectable flavors like dark berries and soft, smoky chocolate.
Daryl says he felt like a kid in a candy store when he harvested these top-tier grapes, which he hand-selected from two prime Alexander Valley locations – a mountain top vineyard overlooking the valley and a vineyard nestled against the hillside.
A red as smooth and lush as this is just begging to be sipped alongside a juicy ribeye...although this 8-time Winemaker of the Year says it’s just as delish with a burger or slice of pizza!
The last vintage of this killer Cab was a Gold medal winner at the 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition… so you can expect the same level this time around!