WE'RE NOT SURE
- David Marchesi is world-famous for decadent blends. Mark our words – his handcrafted red from the Sierra Foothills is your best-seller in the making.
- Every sip is wild and bold, yet silky smooth - credit David’s expert blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet and Syrah for making your red complex and effortless all in one. It’s the work of a master, given total freedom to make the wine he loves.
- David is a Wine Country superstar whose wines sell for $80, $90, even $100 bucks. You're getting an incredible deal on a world-class wine, all because you made it possible!
- Thank the California drought - David credits 2015's dry, arid weather for this Cab's exaggerated texture and intense dark fruit flavors.
- All that heat enhanced the flavors David fell in love with when this Lodi Cabernet was growing on the vine – get ready to slurp in summer goodness like rich black cherries and summer plums.
- This elegant red spent 18 months aging in expensive oak barrels, so it stands toe-to-toe with smoky meats. For the vegetarian crowd: Try a grilled portobello burger brushed with truffle oil!
- This vintage received a Double Gold medal in the 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition - that's the highest medal they award!
- David's rich and robust Cab EXPLODES with complex flavors - that's what you get when you harvest grapes from vineyards surrounding a volcano!
- Lake County is Napa's northern neighbor - where you can get Wine Country flavor for incredible value. David says it has incredible potential... we 100% agree.
- Before you, David made wines for legendary Wine Country brands, including Duckhorn and Gundlach Bundscu. Wines with his kind of finesse easily sell for $30+ - but you'll always get an insider price for making them possible!
- "This wine is a blend of Old Vine Zinfandel grapes, with some vines up to eighty years of age. With Old Vines, you get fewer grapes, but more concentrated and nuanced fruit, so it is best to respect the fruit and let it speak for itself."
- "My goal was to make a very rich full bodied Zinfandel with oak nuance, and Angels let me do exactly that so it's a great value. Wines like this one usually sell for a minimum of $35 and go right on up from there."
- "I get to make several small lot Zinfandels with my Angel funding, and what makes this one special is the incredible character and expression of the old vineyards... you have to taste it to believe it."
- Stephen trained his Zinfandel vines in Amador county to grow just the way he liked them – and fermented this 92% rated red in small lots to enhance its extra-juicy flavor.
- Pour yourself a glass of decadent red and cozy your toes up to a fire. His spicy, powerful Zin will make you feel right at home, no matter where you are.
- Your Angel-funded winemaker says: "My first year making wine in the Sierras, I was introduced to the pleasures of Zinfandel with grilled lamb on skewers with onion and peppers, and I've never looked back."
WE'RE NOT SURE
This is a fruit-filled Chard that oozes with finesse and sophistication.
David harvested this white from Napa’s Carneros hills, a region that gets hit with cooling bay breezes nightly - perfect for delicate grapes like Chardonnay! He treated this luxury fruit into rich French oak barrels to give your white extra oomph (and an everlasting finish).
This is premium Napa Chardonnay from a champion of the region - and it's yours for a knockout price because you made it happen!
- This quintessential Cabernet Franc is dry, bold and delicious. Jacqueline's latest has the deep, rich flavors Cab Franc drinkers crave.
- Jacqueline loves Cab Franc and she's more than a little obsessed with bringing out its deepest, darkest flavors. This is a complex beauty with incredibly bold fruit flavor and a smoky undertone.
- "PIZZA!" Jacqueline suggests this pairing with glee without a moment of hesitation! "Don't forget the fresh basil on top!"
- Your one and only Pinot Noir from Willamette - the cool-climate Oregon Valley that's become a worldwide obsession.
- Scott selected dry-farmed vineyards for your Pinot - less water means every grape fills with incredibly concentrated flavors. Raspberries, cherries, rich black fruits.... they're all inside.
- You give a Pinot expert the freedom to make the wine he loves - so you get an incredible price to match (you don't see wines like this in the market for anything less than $40 a pop!)
- David Akiyoshi tastes fruit from over 8,000 acres of Chardonnay every year and is the preemminent expert on Clarksburg Chardonnay.
- One of the oldest Chardonnay vineyards in the region was on the verge of being ripped out of the ground and destroyed because it didn't produce as much fruit as surrounding plots, but Angels rescued these vines and gave David the funding to focus on quality before quantity.
- Then David did everything to make this wine a richly textured, top shelf Chardonnay. There's just a little bit of this Reserve wine produced as it takes an extra year to age, but the wait was worth it!
- Classic Cabernet that swings in with wallop of berries and vanilla spices, thanks some extra aging in American oak.
- Thanks to Clarksburg's hot summer sun, David's latest Cab is full of extra-ripe fruit flavors like plums and ripe cherries that warm your tummy and woo your tastebuds.
- This Cabernet just screams for a sizzling slab of beef - you can turn a simple piece of meat into a carnivore's fine dining dream.