WE'RE NOT SURE
Sam’s show-stealing Australian Shiraz is ripe and peppery, with more spicy-sweet appeal than the sauciest Napoletana pizza – and a signature savory aroma that’s like wafting in freshly-crisped breakfast bacon. Mmmm…
With Angel funding, Sam hit three different vineyards for balanced fruit flavor. With his tight-knit cellar crew, he used small-batch winemaking methods to elevate the sumptuous layers for this red – aging the wine in both new and seasoned oak for the final, decadent touch.
Sam could only make so many barrels of this Shiraz, making the bottles that are out there rare treasures. Scoop up your share before the number of bottles dwindles down to a big, fat emu egg.
- This all-star blend is super inky, full of powerful dark berry flavors and an instense kick of rich oak. YUM.
- With your funding, Adam was able to harvest fruit from three spectacular vineyards in Australia's Clare Valley - where the grapes are rich and the growing is easy.
- Pop a bottle and let it sit on the table for an hour or two while you simmer a rich pasta sauce on the stove. Slather some spaghetti with a rich ragu, pour yourself a glass... and the evening will unfold before you.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The rich black cherry, chocolate and berry flavors in this Shiraz are insane. Sam credits Forest Hut – a spectacular dry-farmed Shiraz vineyard that thrives in the blazing heat of Australia to grow tiny but mighty grapes.
- With your funding, Sam could take his time barrel aging this Pyrenees red in a combo of toasted French, American and Hungarian Oak. Each barrel imparts different flavors and really adds complexity!
- But let's get back to the good stuff – the deliciousness factor is high on this single-vineyard, lovingly-crafted red, and your winemaker is so pleased. "I don't know how to get this across in a formal tasting note," Sam says, "but I think this wine is AWESOME!"
- This isn't just a wine - it's a sunny afternoon in a glass. Every sip is as refreshing as it is pretty to look at; transparent pink with a slightly burnished orange tint. Adam is one of the few Aussie winemakers currently nailing the aesthetic of this classic French style Rosé.
- Adam's stunning Sangiovese Rosé is bright, bouncy and balanced, with a fruity flavor-fest of strawberry, cherry and just a whiff of rose that all glide along on an oh-so-savory and long-lasting finish.
- Pop this smooth, light and tasty wine in your basket and enjoy the ultimate aperitif wine. The whole experience from taste to color speaks of the quality South Australia fruit inside – and it's all thanks to you!
It’s no wonder this smooth and vibrant Shiraz has scooped up 92%+ scores back-to-back! Sam’s signature red is like stealing a slice of hot berry pie cooling on the window sill – you know, the kind that’s always off-limits... but so decadently delicious.
Sam loves nothing more than taking plump, juicy grapes from the vineyard and watching them come to life in the winery. Your support gave him the firepower to use three different fermenters (!) for this big red – building endless layers of supple richness like the passionate flavor scientist he is.
Your Aussie winemaker goes all out on the barbie for this sultry Shiraz. His favorite is a “tender piece of fillet right off the pit barrel” – Oz speak for beef tenderloin. It’s just as tasty with a juicy burger or some smoky pulled pork!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is a decadent and inky red from the most iconic Shiraz vineyards on the continent. G'day, soulmate.
- Harvested from the "Adelaide Super Zone" (the vineyards within Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, and Clare Valley) Adam sought out the most “gnarly, old, and well-loved” vines. They produce less grapes, but they're intense, full-bodied and packed with incredibly rich texture.
- ...and every famous drop was hand-harvested and handcrafted. Thanks to you, this small-batch Shiraz (just 400 cases exist!) was given every bit of tender care imaginable - now it’s your treasure to enjoy.
- Your 91% white's made an epic return! And it's bursting with juiciness – think ripe apples, melon and crisp citrus fruits. "'Summer in a glass', as my wife calls it," he says.
- With your funding, your Daryl carefully pinpointed the perfect appellation to grow these juicy Sauvignon Blanc grapes. And he chose not to use oak so he could really showcase the fruit's mouthwateringly-zesty flavors.
- From grilled salmon to sushi take-out to simply enjoying it on its own, Daryl's refreshing Sauv is an easy-on-your-pocket winner.
This Australian Young Winemaker of the Year returns again with a gorgeous plum-colored Cab that’s full of blackberries, raspberries, a touch of licorice and a long, toasty finish.
The heavier rainfall in Northeast and Central Victoria made for an exceptionally amazing batch of grapes for this vintage – plump and rich, they add endless layers of rich depth to a crowd-favorite red.
From the careful fruit handling to her meticulous production process, there’s a reason why Jen’s Cab Sauv dwindles down to a big fat goose egg each year. And with the ideal growing conditions that played out for this vintage, you’ll want to snatch up a bottle quick.
- Aussies call this Shiraz the perfect 'winter warmer.' It's full of cinnamon, mocha and LOADS of rich, robust flavor.
Adam harvested this Shiraz from exceptionally old vineyards in the Ebenezer and Kalimna sub-regions of Barossa Valley – swear we didn't make those majestic names up! They're the real names of South Australia's magical wine kingdom.
This decadent red was meant for a bowl of steaming-hot braised beef with mushrooms - bonus points if you cook with a few drops of the wine!
Powerful, ripe flavors of blackberry and plum pulse over traces of toasty oak in this delectable red blend from Jen, with a luxuriously long finish to hold you over until the next sip.
Jen was inspired to make you this big red by the classic Australian blend of Cabernet Sauvignon with Shiraz (aka Syrah). So she blended together some quality Cab and Shiraz from some premium regions in Victoria, down in south-eastern Australia. As Jen puts it, “It’s a match made in...Australia!”
Pop this red open, get the grill out and get cooking! Jen enjoys this with some slow-cooked ox tail and a red wine stew, or she suggests smoking a barbecue brisket while you let this big blend breathe for a few hours after opening it. Cheers!