It’s no wonder this smooth and vibrant Shiraz has scooped up 92%+ scores back-to-back! Sam’s signature red is like stealing a slice of hot berry pie cooling on the window sill – you know, the kind that’s always off-limits... but so decadently delicious.
Sam loves nothing more than taking plump, juicy grapes from the vineyard and watching them come to life in the winery. Your support gave him the firepower to use three different fermenters (!) for this big red – building endless layers of supple richness like the passionate flavor scientist he is.
Your Aussie winemaker goes all out on the barbie for this sultry Shiraz. His favorite is a “tender piece of fillet right off the pit barrel” – Oz speak for beef tenderloin. It’s just as tasty with a juicy burger or some smoky pulled pork!
Powerful, ripe flavors of blackberry and plum pulse over traces of toasty oak in this delectable red blend from Jen, with a luxuriously long finish to hold you over until the next sip.
Jen was inspired to make you this big red by the classic Australian blend of Cabernet Sauvignon with Shiraz (aka Syrah). So she blended together some quality Cab and Shiraz from some premium regions in Victoria, down in south-eastern Australia. As Jen puts it, “It’s a match made in...Australia!”
Pop this red open, get the grill out and get cooking! Jen enjoys this with some slow-cooked ox tail and a red wine stew, or she suggests smoking a barbecue brisket while you let this big blend breathe for a few hours after opening it. Cheers!
This Australian Young Winemaker of the Year returns again with a gorgeous plum-colored Cab that’s full of blackberries, raspberries, a touch of licorice and a long, toasty finish.
The heavier rainfall in Northeast and Central Victoria made for an exceptionally amazing batch of grapes for this vintage – plump and rich, they add endless layers of rich depth to a crowd-favorite red.
From the careful fruit handling to her meticulous production process, there’s a reason why Jen’s Cab Sauv dwindles down to a big fat goose egg each year. And with the ideal growing conditions that played out for this vintage, you’ll want to snatch up a bottle quick.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Daryl makes this bold, sexy, fruity and super-smooth wine from the estate vineyard he planted in Barossa Valley.
- That region is home to some of Australia’s greatest Shiraz vineyards - and it's where Daryl decided to plant some of the only Zinfandel grapes into Australia. So this wine is a unique cross of the flagship grapes of Oz and Cali, made by one of the best winemakers to straddle both continents.
- This blend is really unique and it's rare to find these two varieties married into a holy union in the bottle. But we gotta say... the marriage really works!
- Your 91% white's made an epic return! And it's bursting with juiciness – think ripe apples, melon and crisp citrus fruits. "'Summer in a glass', as my wife calls it," he says.
- With your funding, your Daryl carefully pinpointed the perfect appellation to grow these juicy Sauvignon Blanc grapes. And he chose not to use oak so he could really showcase the fruit's mouthwateringly-zesty flavors.
- From grilled salmon to sushi take-out to simply enjoying it on its own, Daryl's refreshing Sauv is an easy-on-your-pocket winner.
- This is a decadent and inky red from the most iconic Shiraz vineyards on the continent. G'day, soulmate.
- Harvested from the "Adelaide Super Zone" (the vineyards within Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, and Clare Valley) Adam sought out the most “gnarly, old, and well-loved” vines. They produce less grapes, but they're intense, full-bodied and packed with incredibly rich texture.
- ...and every famous drop was hand-harvested and handcrafted. Thanks to you, this small-batch Shiraz (just 400 cases exist!) was given every bit of tender care imaginable - now it’s your treasure to enjoy.
- Aussies call this Shiraz the perfect 'winter warmer.' It's full of cinnamon, mocha and LOADS of rich, robust flavor.
Adam harvested this Shiraz from exceptionally old vineyards in the Ebenezer and Kalimna sub-regions of Barossa Valley – swear we didn't make those majestic names up! They're the real names of South Australia's magical wine kingdom.
This decadent red was meant for a bowl of steaming-hot braised beef with mushrooms - bonus points if you cook with a few drops of the wine!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This stunning Cab is a pure passion project from Whitegate – one of Sam's family vineyards in the elevated and coolish Strathbogie Ranges of Central Victoria.
- With its dark inky color and deep berry flavors, this is a powerful, full-bodied, chocolatey-smooth Cabernet – with bragging rights to match. His previous vintage nabbed Gold at both the Sydney International Wine Competition and Le Concours des Vins de Victoria.
- Because it's Angel funded, this high-end wine is less than $20 for Angels... despite its ultra-limited production!
- Fresh, inviting and popping with bold citrus and kiwi fruit, your first-ever Rebel white is SO easy to drink!
- Jen had never made a Sauvignon Blanc until Angels came along. Thanks to an outpouring of RAVE reviews from her Angels down in Oz, this Young Winemaker of the Year got the green light to make some for the US, too! WOOHOO!
- Stock up with a few bottles and the house parties will follow. "It just loves to be served outside, on verandas, under the shade of a tree, by the pool or the barbie," Jen says. "It's a real crowdpleaser!"
- This trademark Australian red is vibrant and lively – just like Australia's Young Winemaker of the Year herself.
- Jen says: "2018 was a cracking red vintage here in Australia, with the reds having great fullness and depth, but lovely fruit definition and freshness. All this combined with a bit of the rocking redheaded flair makes it a must for Angels!!"
- I know Jen's a vegan but I can't help stick this beautiful wine next to a perfectly char-grilled steak. MMMmmm!