WE'RE NOT SURE
- This sweet, golden-hued dessert wine is a sugary mouthful of apricot and honey with a creamy texture that carries on for ages. Sam found the perfect balance between high sweetness and a smooth elegance, by barrel-aging the wine in French oak for over a year.
- It's one of the trickiest wines Sam makes, but you can taste the extra effort and labor of love that goes into every drop. Leave a little out in a glass and taste how the flavors change as the wine warms up – get the whole range in a single glass, going from the sweeter fruit and honey flavors to a more savory nutmeg character and toastiness.
- Pair with your favorite blue cheese to cut through the sweetness, and remember, the fun thing about sweeter wines is they tend to stay delicious practically forever after you open them. One last thing: Sam has something to admit – “I love this wine!”
- Each sip of this rich, cozy red wraps you up in a luxurious blanket of intense cherry and blackberry flavors, tinged with a soft hint of mocha and barrel-aged spice.
- Powerhouse Shiraz is Barossa Valley’s calling card and your funding helped Adam pick out the best of the region's best grapes. You even helped him generously age his wine in large French oak barrels for a full year to bring you the best example of world-class Barossa Shiraz.
- Your Shiraz is the perfect cold-weather comfort to sip all on its own while bundled up beside a roaring fire. Or, if you want to make a meal of it, use a splash of this robust red to braise some hearty beef cheeks, throw in some herbs and you’re in heaven!
- This robust Australian Shiraz packs a velvety punch of blackberry, blueberry and a dapple of spice, with a soft, silky smoothness that carries every flavor through to a long, juicy finish.
- Your funding helped Adam source this superb Shiraz from a pair of top-notch dry-farmed vineyards in a small, revered corner of world-famous Clare Valley, one of Australia’s oldest wine regions that your winemaker also proudly calls home.
- Thanks to your support, Adam was able to give this Aussie Shiraz an extra bit of love, and aged it all in lavish French oak barrels for 18 months, giving every layer of refined flavor an added touch of finesse – all just for you.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This elegant fortified wine is a sweet, decadent treat every Angel should try at least once. It’s packed with layers of warm spices, dried fruit flavors, caramel and cream – the perfect wine for dessert.
- Not to mention, Topaque is an ultra-rare fortified wine at risk of becoming extinct, with less than 20 producers making it worldwide. By funding Jen, you’re helping preserve one of the rarest wines on Earth – and it’s delicious to boot!
- A high-quality Rutherglen fortified wine for under $20 is unheard of. This Australian region is world-famous for its unique, refined dessert wines, and you'd end up paying at least double for this wine anywhere else (if you weren't a deserving Angel, that is).
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This intensely fruity Australian red is jam-packed with luxurious dark fruit flavors and pulses with a velvety, mouth-filling smoothness thanks to Sam’s perfectly refined blending of Merlot and Cabernet.
- With your funding behind him, Sam could give this stunning red the full treatment, rigorously tasting and blending through the best portions of fruit to refine the silky elegance of his Merlot and masterfully mingle it with the bold, decadent power of high-end Cabernet.
- The result is a one-of-a-kind, world-class red that could only exist at Naked Wines. With Angels on his side, this master Australian winemaker is free to dream as big and bold as possible – and you get Down Under’s finest wines in return, for an absolute song!
- This is a decadent and inky red from the most iconic Shiraz vineyards on the continent. G'day, soulmate.
- Adam sought out and harvested the most “gnarly, old, and well-loved” vines in the "Adelaide Super Zone" (the vineyards within Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, and Clare Valley). They produce less grapes, but they're intense, full-bodied and packed with incredibly rich texture.
- ...and every famous drop was hand-harvested and handcrafted. Thanks to you, this small-batch Shiraz was given every bit of tender care imaginable - now it’s your treasure to enjoy.
- This delectable Down Under Durif (Aussie-speak for Petite Sirah) is rich and powerful, brooding with lush flavors of ripe plum and dark cherries, with a mouth-filling smoothness and luxuriously long finish.
- Jen’s Durif is a dazzling blend of fruit from two beautiful vineyards in her home region of Rutherglen in South Australia, chosen specifically for producing picture-perfect grapes loaded with concentrated, powerfully fruity flavors.
- The unbelievably big, bold flavors of Jen’s Diamond Durif are perfect with a whole shoulder of lamb that’s been massaged with garlic, fresh rosemary and olive oil, then slow-cooked until fork tender.
- Full of ripe red and dark berries, a hint of oak and a touch of tempting spiciness, this rich, sultry red is what Jen calls “the ultimate expression of what I love about Shiraz."
- Angel funding got Jen into a handful of the best vineyards in her corner of South Australia, each with older vines and lower yields that gave their fruit the perfect intensity Jen wanted for this wine.
- Jen says it best: “My Diamond Shiraz is made from only the very best blocks, from my favorite vineyards, made with all the love and care in the world. It's this commitment to quality at every step that makes my Diamond Shiraz fantastic value. Don't you just love nakedwines.com?!”
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Adam’s bright, crisp Clare Valley Riesling is more vibrant than a South Australia sunset, shimmering with fresh lemony citrus and light floral flavors, all delicately woven together with a long, thirst-quenching finish.
- Clare Valley is arguably the top Riesling region in the whole Southern Hemisphere and winemaker Adam Barton calls this revered valley home. Thanks to you, Adam sourced high-end grapes from older vines in a small sub-region of the valley and sealed all their signature flavors into this dreamy white wine.
- This lively style of Riesling is meant to be enjoyed young, while its complex layers of flavor are their freshest. Chill this one down as soon as it reaches your door and make it a top-tier Riesling kind of evening!
- Adam’s top-shelf Reserve Shiraz bursts with rich, refined flavors of plum and dark brambly fruit, followed by dashes of spice and vanilla from the generous barrel-aging that gave this Australian red its signature velvety finish.
- Your support gave Adam access to high-end grapes from a trio of dry-farmed vineyards throughout South Australia’s revered Clare Valley, then allowed him to go the extra mile and age your Shiraz in French oak barrels for a full 18 months.
- Fewer than 350 cases of this decadent Shiraz even exist. In any wine shop or restaurant wine list a rare top-shelf Shiraz like this would easily start around $60, but for funding Adam from start to finish, you get this stunning Australian red for less than half of that.