- Luis’s Montaria Reserva Lente is a robust red packed with lush, sumptuous fruit and a sultry, mouthwatering smoothness from aging in French oak barrels that gives way to a wonderfully long-lasting finish.
- Your funding helped Luis source three of Portugal’s most important red varieties – Touriga Nacional for a dollop of bold juiciness, Touriga Franca for a touch of fruity finesse and Alicante Bouschet for a rich, mouth-filling smoothness. Then he masterfully blend them all together into a single red that, put simply, is Portuguese perfection.
- Luis is your most popular Portuguese winemaker ever, living and working in the world-famous Alentejo region (“Lente” for short) and bringing you wines like this top-shelf Reserva straight from his very own beautiful estate.
- Angels couldn’t get enough of Luis’s debut of Reserva Capital – so he’s bringing it back for a glorious second vintage, loaded with all the lush, mouth-filling dark fruit flavors and finesse that Angels love. Luis has made Portuguese perfection – again!
- With so much Angel support behind him, Luis took this chance to show off the finest, freshest fruit from his family’s vineyards in the capital region of Portugal, blending them like only he can into one jaw-dropping red masterpiece.
- This mighty, soulful red is unforgettable all on its own, but pair a glass or two with a dinner of melt-in-your-mouth lamb and mushroom risotto and sit back for the flavor fireworks!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Your rich Portuguese red blend is lush, lively and vibrant, packed with refined red berry flavors and framed by an elegant, silky smoothness, with just a touch of soul-warming spice on the long, long finish.
- This robust red from Oscar and Claudia Quevedo comes straight from a historic family vineyard in the Douro Valley that Angels helped save. When their dad wanted to tear out the low-yielding 60-year-old vines, Angels stepped up and gave these sibling winemakers the funding to save the vineyard.
- So Claudia and Oscar crafted a hearty "field blend" that captures the true character of their beloved vineyard, using grapes loaded with deep, intense flavor thanks to the old vines. Now you can savor this lovingly crafted red that only exists thanks to you!
- This classic Portuguese red's complex layers of dark cherries and raspberries flow together with dashes of soft, peppery spice and a dreamy smoothness that deliciously lingers on with every sip.
- When you funded Oscar and Claudia Quevedo to bring you a stunning Touriga Nacional (Portugal’s national grape), these winemaking siblings went and harvested some of the country's finest grapes – right from their family's own vineyard.
- “Touriga Nacional is an amazing grape when treated properly,” the Quevedos say. With your support, they’re able to give this luscious red extra love from the vine all the way to your bottle, loading every drop with its signature depth and lavish complexity.
- This world-class red from expert Portuguese winemaker Luis is a smooth dive into luscious red berry flavors, with a perfectly rounded silky smoothness to delight your tastebuds through the luxuriously long-lasting finish.
- With your support, Luis was able to source top-tier Syrah, Aragonez (aka Tempranillo) and Portugal’s national grape, Touriga Nacional, straight from the capital region of Lisbon to bring you this decadent, rich red blend.
- It’s the kind of masterful, unique blend from one of the world’s best winemakers that only Angels could make possible. For a taste of Portugal’s finest signature savory, juicy, jaw-dropping flavors – this is the red you want to be sipping!
- Smooth and elegant with rich, decadent flavors of peach and a splash of citrusy orange, each sip is backed by a soft nuttiness that gives this Port the perfect balance, with a touch of sweetness just like honey on the luxuriously long-lasting finish.
- The Quevedo family has been making some of the world’s finest Ports for over a century, and the grapes for your White Port came from vines planted by Oscar and Claudia’s grandfather and father back in the 1980s.
- You may never have heard of the grapes that went into this lush white Port – grapes like Gouveio, Malvasia Fina, Rabigato, Donzelinho and Viosinho, to name a few – but masterfully blended together by one of Portugal’s greatest winemaking families, this grape ensemble gives you a flavorful symphony you won’t soon forget.
- This rich, decadent Xisto is dripping with juicy fruit flavors like ripe dark cherry and plump blackberry all backed by a lush, mouth-filling smoothness that's endlessly satisfying.
- “Xisto” means “shale” in Portuguese, making this wine a savory shoutout to the Douro Valley’s soils and the pair of vineyards where the Quevedos sourced these pristine grapes. The shale soil reduces the yields per vine, which gives your winemakers more concentrated grapes with deeper layers of flavor.
- Because the Quevedos own most of the vineyards they source from, they’re able to handpick the grapes for wines like this lush red, make the wine in their own winery and bring it to Angels for a fraction of normal Douro prices.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This primo Portuguese red is flush with rich, ripe flavors of luscious raspberries, cherries and a dash of savory pepper gliding on a melt-in-your-mouth smoothness that leads into a powerful, luxuriously long-lasting finish.
- Your support helped Oscar and Claudia start with top-notch Touriga Franca for the lush, fruitier side of this powerhouse red blend and then couple it with the spicy boldness of world-class Tempranillo – all sourced from a single vineyard in the heart of the world-famous Douro Valley they call home.
- The Quevedo family owns the idyllic vineyard where these grapes grow, and they personally give the vines the utmost attention throughout the growing season to bring you this layered, complex red that showcases the best of what Portuguese wines have to offer. Get a bottle while they last and see for yourself!
- This red blend from Luis is dripping with juicy, delectable red fruit flavors, from ripe cherry to lush, brambly raspberry, plus a silky smoothness that makes for elegant and oh-so-easy sipping.
- Luis gratefully accepted Angel funding and set off for Portugal’s historic Lisbon region. He came back with a downright decadent blend of Aragonez and Alicante Bouschet, sourced from top-tier Lisbon vineyards and overflowing with layer after layer of luscious flavor, all thanks to you!
- Aragonez is just one of about seven names the Portuguese have for Tempranillo -- but a grape with this much mouthwatering flavor by any other name would still taste as heavenly, especially blended with the perfect amount of dreamy Alicante Bouschet. Scoop up a bottle and taste for yourself!
- This juicy Portuguese red is as luscious and smooth as they come, overflowing with rich red fruit flavors and elegant smoothness for days.
- With Angel funding, Luis sourced high-end Syrah straight from Portugal’s famed Lisbon region and blended it with the country’s national grape, Touriga Nacional, for absolute flavor perfection.
- Luis says this mouthwatering Portuguese sipper pairs with barbecue like no other. Fire up the grill, put out some glasses on the patio and you’ve got the perfect afternoon setup.