WE'RE NOT SURE
Dry, elegant, perfectly structured… this Riesling's a stunner! With flavors like ripe autumn apples and juicy peaches, this refreshing white will plant you right into the lush German countryside.
Gerd harvested grapes from Germany’s prestigious Pfalz region, known for its warm climate and nourishing, sandstone-rich soil – perfect for growing juicy grapes to make crisp, full-bodied wines.
Enjoy this Riesling lightly-chilled (give it about 30 minutes to open up!) with some salsa verde enchiladas or spicy Thai chicken curry. Yummm. A little bit of heat is the perfect pairing for this white!
- Dave’s latest haul is a lively and lightly sweet white wine sporting orange blossom aromas and tastes of candied apple and pear on the way to a crisp, bright finish.
- You helped Dave hook this Riesling from the Columbia basin of northern Washington, where the soils are volcanic and the days are clear and sunny, giving wines like this a wild crispness you don’t get in many other wine regions (or in many sweet wines).
- Drink this wine as soon as it gets to your doorstep, Dave says. Or wait a little and gather some friends to pour it around with on a warm summer night. Either way, enjoy!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- A former Young Winemaker of the Year is responsible for this Trocken. The word is German for 'dry,' which means that this Riesling is full of flavor AND is lip-smackingly-crisp.
- You can expect juicy white peaches, lifts of lemon and a crunch of apple for a bit of punch and power. It's rounded, fragrant, and deliciously dry.
- You'll normally pay double for a Riesling of this quality – but thanks to Angel funding, it's yours at the right price. So good with Thai food that the take-out practically orders itself...