This wine’s rich, dark, and intensely flavored because Richard used grapes from a hidden area of Napa where the fruit ripens late in the season.
This is a silky, complex wine that's been aged for TWO YEARS in oak barrels - its supple, toasted flavors jump out the glass. Wines from neighboring vineyards sell for up to $200 bucks, but Angels don’t pay for marketing hype.
Take the grill as hot as it’ll go and slide a steak on those bars – it doesn’t need to be a fancy one. When it’s done to your liking, pull it off and pour yourself a glass.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Paolo is the King of Prosecco and even though our Italian is rusty, we know what "Superiore" means!
- Paolo used designated grapes from his own vineyards in Valdobbiadene to make you a DOCG Prosecco... the Rolls Royce of Italian sparkling!
- Yours is a fruity and zippy white, full of fresh and fine flavors like green apple, pear and delicate flower blossoms. Perfect for celebrating something special (like 5 o'clock).
- Pro Tip: This Prosecco is fruity and lightly sweet. Looking for something a bit more crisp? Opt for his Prosecco Brut.
- Your favorite German winemaker is famous for vibrant and balanced whites… the kind that dance on your tongue more gracefully than a cat on a hot tin roof.
- ...and this dry Pinot Gris just makes us love him more. It's bursting with vibrant citrus– and a shake of salt and pepper, thanks to the minerality of the Pfalz region's soils.
- Gerd will tell you this crisp white pairs marvelously with just about everything – our current obsession is a glass with spicy fish tacos splashed with plenty of lime and fresh crema.
- Sancerre is what you buy if you want to look fancy – Pouilly Fume is what you buy if you really are fancy, not to mention flush. On the French Sauvignon Blanc ladder, this is the top rung. Pure, mouthwatering luxury in a bottle...
- Joost only gets to make this wine when the vintage is really, really good. He assured us this was one of those years. And by jove, we agree!
- Seriously limited stock and ready for drinking right NOW. If you think too long about buying this, you'll miss out...
- "Angels looking for a crisp authentic and aromatic French Sauvignon Blanc will love this."
- The Petit Villebois is more of a poolside sipper, casual and delicious– still representing the true essence of the Loire.
- FANTASTIC value for money and ready for drinking right now, this light, fruity Sauvignon Blanc is as fresh as they come.
Joost, your Angel funded winemaker, says:
- This is a dangerously drinkable Shiraz that tastes and smells like a whole bucket of fruit.
- If you've never heard of Lodi, you have to check it out. This region is just a little off the beaten path, but it's producing sensational wines at very un-Californian prices.
- You'll open this when you just want to relax in the afternoon. Sit back and sip Syrah.
- Rich, intense Syrah with a smoky finish. Imagine a bunch of wild strawberries and cherries were thrown on a grill and straight into bottle.
- Made from the same Dry Creek fruit Tim has worked with for eleven years, farmed biodynamically and organically. Tim says "grape farming is just like life. When you pay attention to what you're doing, you get better results!"
- Tim's Syrah is a complex wonder of a wine that's made teeny quantities - so get yours now or miss out forever.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Incredibly refreshing with a nice flowery bouquet you normally only get with fuller-bodied Pinot Grigio.
- Stephen used to just put his best wines aside for us, but now he's got so much support that he gets to make these wines from scratch just for Angels. The result is a big step up in quality without a big step up in price.
- This is a crowd-pleasing and refreshing easy-sipper. Keep multiple bottles chilling in the fridge at all times!
- Brilliant, mouth-filling Pinot Noir that makes you want to leap out of your chair and dance because it got every bit of care Ben Glover could come up with.
- Hand-harvested grapes from 2 north-facing slopes in the southern valleys of Marlborough.The grapes cold soak for 6-8 days, and Ben gives them incredible amounts of attention as they ferment in small open-topped fermenters, the way Pinot should be done. All topped off with 12 months in French oak ...mmmMMM.
- This Pinot is less hefty than some of the Californian Pinot on the site, and has a fresh, vibrant side that makes it the perfect pairing for more delicate food like smoked salmon!
- Jammy plums, huge cherries, chocolate, spices... mmm. This red's massive flavors are all thanks to a 6-part blend of Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir... and a splash of Viognier!
- Sharon expertly juggled all those barrels of grapes together to make to make you a red that's "delicious with food and perfect for a comfortable afternoon with friends."
- Angel funding gave Sharon the chance to harvest all of her premium fruit from Lodi, a great value region for powerful reds. That's why it's yours for a steal!