- Rick’s perhaps the most experienced winemaker on California’s Central Coast. He used intensely flavored fruit from old vines to create an incredibly layered white blend that’s desperate to get out of the bottle.
- This white is absolutely packed with zesty tropical fruits – and a smooth, creamy finish sure to wash all your cares away.
- Rick says this white blend loves to be drunk with seafood and recommends grilling a fresh salmon over an open flame. Once it’s charred on the outside, give it a rich lemon glaze.
- Rick is responsible for two of the most awarded Rieslings in California and now he’s back at it again, this time exclusively for Angels.
- You know those gorgeous wildflowers that bloom year round along the coast? Rick somehow bottled them – this white is full of delicate floral aromas and a sweet fruits like oranges and tangerines.
- Pour a round of this chilled Riesling and expect applause – you fund one of the best Riesling makers in CA... and it shows.
- "This Chard comes from the Sarmento Vineyard in the middle of the famed Santa Lucia Highlands. Very cool vineyard site - makes for very slow ripening. It's a hillside vineyard full of heavy soil and high winds in the afternoon... perfect for ripening the grapes."
- And it's loaded with flavor. "Lemon, tangerine, nectarine, peach, apricot. Even tropical pineapple!"
- "You cannot beat Monterey Bay salmon with this Chardonnay – be sure to smoke it low and slow over oak wood on the grill. The richness from the fat of the fish with the body and acidity of the white is perfection!"
Rick, your Angel-funded winemaker, says: