Your Poggio di Guardia come from one of the highest vineyards in Tuscany, next to the Chianti Classico region.
These grapes are all selected by hand - no one berry is wrong. The result is a deep purple-red wine, with spicy black pepper, licorice, mint and blueberry flavors. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more!
If you have the patience to wait then I would leave this wine until the end of 2017. The wine will start to show at its best from this point on, and it will only improve with age for decades to come!
- Napa has dominated the Cab market for decades as one of the world's greatest big, bold and juicy growing regions around.
- Matt is an extremely well-connected winemaker in the Napa Valley, from his time overseeing the winemaking at Beringer, Stags' Leap and others. So he pulled some strings and got some of the most insanely sought-out fruit there is.
But there's a catch.
- He's pulled fruit from vineyards so famous, we'd normally have to pay $5,000 just to put their names on the label. Matt decided NOT to pay $5,000 for bragging rights so you get the same $8,000/ton fruit for a ridiculously good price.
- Petit Verdot is a deep, dominating wine, full of intense, concentrated flavor. A ton of expensive Napa Cabs have small percentages of this varietal – it adds a dazzling amount of richness and powerful color to the world's boldest wines.
- It's incredibly rare to find 100% Petit Verdot on its own. But Matt wanted to introduce you to this vibrant grape – and purchased fruit from a famous Rutherford AVA producer to do it. I'd tell you who, but we signed an NDA...
- Your funding gave Matt the chance to shine the spotlight on a va-va-va-voom varietal, and make a limited edition, small volume production of a wine he loves. 18 months of barrel age, kid gloves in the cellar... this special red got the first-class treatment from a Napa legend. Only 500 cases exist!
- For this year's Cabernet, Camille is showcasing Carneros – a region that borders Napa's southwestern edge. It's coveted bay breezes and coastal fog let her signature red grow up to be BIG and strong.
- This is Cami's wheelhouse: Rich, creamy, full-bodied, heavy-hitting Napa Cabernet, loaded with decadent black fruit flavors like figs and plums. She makes it taste like a million bucks, and sells it for less than $30.
- Only teeniest, tiniest amount was made, and every year, this Cab sells out faster than the last! Go on and add 2 bottles to your basket... while you still have the chance.
- Pure, bold Cabernet sourced from 3 vineyards, including a stellar mountain property in the Mayacamas range that grows incredibly intense fruit.
- Scott is unrelenting in his search for the best fruit for his projects, and this wine delivers incredible quality on a California staple: Sonoma Cabernet. He puts his own spin on a classic with ROX – and it's sprightly, full of juicy fruits like plums and tummy-warming spices. YUM.
- Because you love it so much, Scott tries to produce a few more bottles each year... but it always seems to slip away faster than before. Get yours now, or forever hold your peace!
- This is one of your favorite Cabernets of all time. Over 50,000 Angels are in love with Stephen's easy-drinking, decadent red - and it sells out quick!
- Brimming with ripe juicy fruit flavors like plums and rich berries, this year's luscious red will impress a crowd with one sip.
- Take this jammy red along for a festive BBQ with friends - and sip along with a few mouthfuls of grilled lamb, sweet peppers and blue cheese.
- Petit Sirah is always a luxurious fruit bomb of a wine - and it's an absolute monster now that your favorite winemaker's gotten his hands on it.
- Stephen is an absolute expert at this style, and extracts the best flavors from a single-vineyard estate to bring you a seductive red full of rich black fruit and spice.
- A wine this robust pairs with beef, lamb, pork... (I could go on) – but my personal favorite is marinated steak slathered in BBQ sauce... and a few onion rings for good measure.
- Chile makes perfect Cabernet and Lacaze is the proof. This deep and structured red is sophisticated and mysterious, full of bright, ripe berries and exotic spices.
- Angels funded JP to make you a special reserve blend of barrel-aged Cab from a premium vineyard close to the Andes Mountains that benefits from whips of Pacific Ocean breezes from time to time.
- This incredibly seductive Cab is an unstoppable Angel favorite - and your favorite Chilean red of all time!
- Portugal is producing some of the best value, great drinking drops of red in the market at the moment, and this little beauty from the cellars of one of our favorite winemakers Luis is no exception.
- It's a blend of several local varieties from Estremadura, which is how you get incredible complexity for such a low price. But it's the simply mindblowing juiciness of the black cherry and plum that assault the mouth like a battering ram that really stands out.
- Over 42,000 Angels watch this wine with hawk eyes. Don't miss your chance to grab a bottle or two - this is a fan favorite that vanishes fast!
- Huge and seriously silky all at once. As big as the Cabernet wines Macario is so famous for making, with the velvety smoothness that you can expect from a Tempranillo.
- Macario's found his specialty niche. He knows Cab inside out and he loves working with Spanish grapes in Californian soil. This is the blend he was born to make.
- This wine is all about balance and elegance. It's hefty enough to stand up to flashy Napa Cabs but elegant enough to be enjoyed with casual wine drinkers. And only Angels could make it possible!