Zinfandel from California’s gold country, full of brambly berries and wickedly intense flavors - the kind you only find in the Wild West.
Your funding led David to the Shenandoah Valley, a hidden region in the Sierra Foothills. Thanks to high summer temps, its vineyards develop super ripe, full-bodied Zins for an incredible value for money.
Angels uncovered some pretty intense California treasure. Enjoy your spoils for less than $15 a bottle!
- One of Chile's finest winemakers combined 3 of the country's richest grapes: Cabernet, Carménère and Syrah... and this rich beauty is a bona fide blockbuster
- Harvested from the Maule and Colchagua valleys of Chile, areas known for their long growing season and big, bold, bursting fruit. From your first sip to the last, this red stays easy drinking. Underneath there's a little bit of sweet dark chocolate that gives it a delicious, mouthwatering smoothness.
- Over 38,000 Angels said they'd buy it again – so we told Connie to beef it up even more.... and boy, did she.
- Macario loves Tempranillo because it’s wild, rustic and savory. It’s wildly popular grape in Europe, but he insists it grows even better in the states. All that California sun gives it some extra roundness and power.
- Macario used his Angel funding to get Tempranillo from Clarksburg, an under-the-radar delta region with cool breezes that perfectly ripens fruit. The vineyard, Macro said, was “impeccable… managed like it was in Napa Valley.”
- This is a tailgate party wine for sure! Tastes great on its own but it's got the earthiness and spice to go with some juicy burgers if you're suddenly inspired to light up the grill.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- David Marchesi is world-famous for decadent blends. Mark our words – his handcrafted red from the Sierra Foothills is your best-seller in the making.
- Every sip is wild and bold, yet silky smooth - credit David’s expert blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet and Syrah for making your red complex and effortless all in one. It’s the work of a master, given total freedom to make the wine he loves.
- David is a Wine Country superstar whose wines sell for $80, $90, even $100 bucks. You're getting an incredible deal on a world-class wine, all because you made it possible!
- Sharon found several small lots delicious Cabernet berries to make this rich red with superior aromatics and flavor.
- This wine has a smooth, dense palate with lush black fruit like black raspberries – and an exceptional dark chocolate finish.
- Thanks to Angels, Sharon was able to make harvest top-quality Cabernet fruit from Lodi - and bring you an everyday-kind-of-wine price!
- Ben's put Minervois on the map with his winemaking, and this little beauty is proof he's a real wizard with his wines.
- This is one of the most popular French wines we've ever had on the site, thanks to its rich, ripe, berry flavors and its incredible smoothness.
- This a Grenache-based blend and the vines sit at the bottom of La Montagne Noire (Black Mountain), a site that has been growing Grenache for 2,000 years! Old vineyards like these are precious treasures that are tragically being ripped out all over France, but you let Ben keep this plot and produce this amazing wine.
- Younger vines produce fruitier, softer wines – and Macario worked with his growers to harvest these grapes nice and early to give you an easy-going, bottle that's fun to drink.
- Macario uses unusual grape combinations like Merlot and Tempranillo that grow very well in California but don't have the reputation and cost of other more renowned grapes. So you get great this blend for a great price!
- This blend's got amazing versatility – pair it with breakfast, lunch or dinner. It will shine with anything... from starters to steaks!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This Syrah, Grenache and Zinfandel blend is, dare we say, the California equivalent of a robust French red from Rhone... the kind you can afford to drink every day.
- Jeff and Jessica, your Angel-funded winemakers, say: "The blend of fresh fruit from the Sierra foothills makes this wine distinct and delicious - this region really is the hidden gem for red wines in California."
- This red is from great value regions, where the fruit is still underrated, so you get great fruit and a great wine for an amazing price!
- Jim's made a smooth, easy drinking red with perfectly ripe dark fruit and an interesting edge of depth and complexity. And he's done it for a steal.
- This is a Bordeaux-style red, with a twist (BX = short for Bordeaux) Jim breaks all the rules by adding a healthy splash (15%) of Syrah into the mix!
- Jim says he made this rich, generous wine for flavorful meats like roasted chicken, topped with savory mushrooms and herbs...and our mouths are watering at the very thought.
- This juicy, complex Zinfandel is a blend of new and old vine fruit - so you get a rustic, rich red that's equally bright and refreshing.
- Karen's worked in Lodi for decades - she knows how to make its best fruit shine! She even splurged for premium oak barrels that give your red its nice, smooth elegance.
- Thanks to Angels, Karen didn't have to rush any of her process. She was able to bottle this wine when it was perfect and ready for Angels to enjoy! If only all Zin could be this Zen...