This is a big, bold wine form the capital of Malbec – Uco Valley, Argentina. Mauricio got hands on fruit from one of the oldest and most historical vineyards in the region to bring you a plush and powerful red, full of vibrant spices and flavor.
Your funding allowed him to purchase the grapes from a small producer who might not survive in this competitive wine market without this kind of project.
This wine spent 18 months developing rich and velvety texture in oak barrels – and Mauricio's been aging it in bottles ever since, waiting until each drop was perfectly rich and smooth before sharing it with you. Don't miss your Angel treasure, 6 years in the making!
- Rich, Argentine Malbec with structure, concentration and deep violet notes (a credit to the 60% of the grapes that come from Uco Valley vineyards) and ample juicy fruitiness (characteristic of the 40% Medrano Malbec vineyards).
- Mauricio's been Angel-funded since his 2009 vintage so his growers let him control every little step from pruning to picking, and he has figured out every step from pressing, fermenting, bottling and storage to impress the socks off every Angel who sips the wine.
- Stock up because Mauricio's Malbec is a suave, delicious treat and it will take your BBQ and sizzling grilled steak to the next level.
- Uco Valley is the Napa of Argentina – as famous for its incredibly lush Malbecs and Wine Country is for full-bodied Cabs. And Mauricio's bringing this celebrity Malbec to Angels for the first time in Naked history! Full-bodied and packed with deliciously ripe, sweet black fruits, it's sooooo worth it.
- Made from 100% Uco Valley fruit - and pruned, picked, pressed, fermented, bottled and aged with incredible amounts of TLC, so you can really taste what makes the region special - nothing more, nothing less.
- As an Angel, you're getting top-shelf Malbec for 1/3 of the price you'd ever see it for in the shop (if you could find a bottle to begin with). This red will be an instant classic. Mark our words!
- Torrontes is like the classy big sister of Moscato. Full of bright and juicy citrus, but just a tiny bit more serious (and not sweet).
- Mauricio harvests this crisp white from low yield vineyards and picks 1/3 of the grapes way earlier than his neighbors – just to maintain freshness and balance in the wine. And he still gets the beautiful aromatic complexity that Argentinian Torrontes is so good at.
- The result is a lush white wine that goes amazingly with spicy foods. Helloooo, curry.