Big, bold and gushing with ripe dark fruit flavors like cherry and plum, this red is a “mezcla” or mix, Coni says, with at least five different red grapes mingled together to make a full, rich wine with an oaky toastiness and a touch of spice on the long, smooth finish.
Coni blended together Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Syrah and Carignan for this special red. The grapes were harvested at different times that were just right for each varietal to bring out the best of their individual flavors for a mouthwatering medley.
Let this powerful red relax for about an hour after opening a bottle and whip up a hearty pizza with all your favorite toppings while you wait. Then call up some friends and sip the night away!
- Your soft, yet complex Cabernet is back! It's packed with layers of juicy fruits and a bit of spice from French oak barrels to warm your cheeks. Oh, and it's from one of Chile's most famous winemakers!
- If you manage to find one of his famous labels, expect to see a pricetag of $40 a bottle. But you get the same quality craftsmanship from him at Angel prices, because you're a smart cookie and support Jean Pascal directly.
- If you ever want a wine to lay down, this is the one. JP's wines get even better with bottle age. Grab a bottle to enjoy in the moment and tuck away another for a delightful surprise later down the line!
From the first whiff of vanilla to each smooth sip of sweet red fruit to the soft, persisting finish, Coni’s Syrah shows off its deliciousness at every turn. Spot the subtle, savory oak flavors that come from half the wine being aged in barrel for 9 months.
Your funding let Coni get hand-harvested grapes from top-notch 30-year-old vineyards in Chile’s central Curico Valley, where cool nights and warm days give these grapes the perfect growing conditions to bring loads of full, ripe flavors into the wine.
Coni suggests pairing this red’s smooth, refined flavors with a meal of “Arrollado de Huaso” – a traditional Chilean recipe of rolled pork. That, or sip it with some mouthwatering braised lamb or sweet and savory pork ribs. Cheers!
- Chile has a way with Cabernet, and this deep and structured Lacaze red is proof. Harvested from 30-year-old vineyards, it's full of bright berries and exotic spices.
- This is JP's special Reserve blend - made from grapes surrounding the Andes Mountains that benefit from whips of Pacific Ocean breezes from time to time.
- This incredibly seductive Cab is an unstoppable Angel favorite - and it's yours for an unreal price, because YOU made it happen.