Hundreds of Angels voted to save Oscar and Claudia’s historic family vineyard in the Douro Valley – and this superb red is the payoff! Your red blend is rich, elegant and wonderfully fresh, with full, lush red berry flavors and a slight, soft touch of spice.
When their dad wanted to tear out this 60-year-old vineyard, Angels stepped up and gave these sibling winemakers the funding to save the storied vines. Then they picked out the very best grapes in the whole vineyard for an otherworldly red you’ll just have to taste to believe.
The vineyard’s yields are very low, which means each grape is packed with loads of concentrated flavors and complexity. It also means that Oscar and Claudia could only make a few hundred cases of this mouth-watering red. This is one you don’t want to sleep on!
Due to popular Angel demand, Oscar and Claudia just brought back this crisp Portuguese classic for its most delectable vintage yet! Flush with tangy citrus, tropical fruits and a refined smoothness, this juicy jawdropper makes for easy, elegant sipping any old day of the week.
Your sibling winemakers used your funding to make this white refresher in the style of Portugal’s world-famous Vinho Verde wines, sourcing straight from the tiny, exclusive region at the center of the Alvarinho universe!
Vinho Verde wines are virtually unattainable at the prices you get for being an Angel – but when you fund Portuguese pros like the Quevedos, your wines only taste expensive!
- Don’t sweat it if you can’t pronounce the grape trio of Rabigato, Gouveio and Viosinho – the only word you need is ‘Yum!’
- Those are some pretty exotic grapes, and they give this wine a whole mix of tropical flavors like pear and passionfruit, with even a hint of lemon bouncing around in the background. One more time – Yum!
- In Portugal’s Douro Valley, established vines produce way fewer grapes than in most other wine regions (that’s what makes for ultra-concentrated flavors!) – meaning whites like this often sell out before you know it. Get yours early or risk waiting until the next vintage...
WE'RE NOT SURE
Big and bursting with ripe red fruit that unfolds with a round, full texture and lingers on a smooth, silky, oh-so-satisfying finish.
Luis is your go-to expert when it comes to the Alentejo region in southern Portugal – he’s made one Angel-favorite wine after another, with no end in sight!
Luis masterfully blended three grapes for this heavenly red: Trincadeira, Aragonez and Alicante Boushet. They’re tongue-twisters to pronounce, but they make up for it with loads of lip-smacking flavor!
Oscar and Claudia’s rich red is deep, dark and drenched in complex layers of red fruit flavors from cherry to raspberry, with a trace of spice and a sultry smoothness that lingers on long after each sip.
Thanks to your support, your sibling winemakers could take this Touriga Nacional (the national grape of Portugal) from their own Valeira vineyard in the heart of Douro Valley and give it the most luxurious treatment possible for a refined red with unforgettable finesse.
This Portuguese red has it all – intensity, complexity and a price tag that’s exclusive to Angels like you!
- Luis’s red Montaria is one of your most popular and highest-rated wines ever – now it comes in white! Bursting with bright, tingly citrus and tropical flavors, like back-to-back bites of orange, pineapple and even some juicy peach that mingle perfectly with a long, long finish.
- Luis concocted this genius Montaria White with Fernão Pires and Arinto, two of Portugal’s most top-notch white grapes, straight from Lisbon, the country’s famed capital region.
- With over 100,000 Angels on his side, Luis can go from making surefire favorites like his red Montaria and dare to make you something completely fresh and new. One or two sips of his premiere Montaria White and you’ll have a new Portuguese favorite!
- Rich and juicy, Xisto drips with delicious dark cherry and plump blackberry flavors gliding on a fine, full texture that lasts and lasts.
- “Xisto” means “shale” in Portuguese, making this wine a savory shoutout to the Douro Valley’s soils and the pair of vineyards where the Quevedos sourced these pristine grapes. The shale soil reduces the yields per vine, which gives your winemakers more concentrated grapes with deeper layers of flavor.
- Because the Quevedos own most of the vineyards they source from, they’re able to handpick the grapes for wines like this lush red, make the wine in their own winery and bring it to Angels for a fraction of normal Douro prices.