- From the smoky oak to the intense blackberry, pepper and dark fruit vibes, Carmen's pure South African Shiraz is an all-out crowd pleaser.
- With your support, your former Winemaker of the Year harvested grapes from three distinct Shiraz vineyards in the Swartland region of South Africa. She fermented each block separately before she made the final blend - to capture all bold berry flavors she could muster!
- Shiraz is full of bright, peppery flavors - and that makes it your ultimate barbecue wine. Sip away while you pull apart a rack of smoky, sticky-sweet pork ribs.
- Carmen's zippy, fruity white oozes with mouth-watering flavors like juicy grapefruits and limes. This is a crisp, lip-smackingly juicy Sauv – from your very first Winemaker of the Year!
- Winemakers don't come much more talented and passionate than Carmen. She's worked her magic on a premium, pure and pristine South African Sauv - and it's divine.
- Enjoy a nice chilled glass when you're cozied up inside with a crackling fire going and the smell of an apple pie in the oven. It doesn't get more perfect than that!
WE'RE NOT SURE
With rugged texture and exquisite depth, Carmen’s triumphant blend is layered with brambly berry, rustic spice – the perfect red for a flame-kissed, peppery steak or a wedge of creamy cheese.
With her $100,000 cash prize, Carmen created this one-of-a-kind red from prestigious wine regions Stellenbosch and Elgin. The fruit was handpicked and aged 10 months in expensive oak barrels – and with your support, this luxe wine is yours for a serious steal.
When Carmen became your first Winemaker of the Year back in 2015, it gave her even more firepower to craft a vivacious red blend that embodies the delicious flavors of South African wine – and her gratitude for the support you’ve given her all these years.