- Mmmm, Malbec. There's a reason you go nuts for this wine, with its rich purple color, oh-so-smooth and spicy finish, and enough fruit to fill up Little Red Riding Hood's basket.
With the market full of Malbecs from Argentina it's great to show off what California Malbecs can do, too - especially with grapes from Lodi (Evangelos' stomping grounds!) It's usually saved for blending in Bordeaux style wines in the states – but your funding changed the story.
When a Malbec like this comes your way - you have to go for it. Evangelos made as many cases as he could, but knowing how much Angels love this wine... you should run to checkout!
- Evangelos harvested Pinot Noir from three regions (the North Coast, Lodi and Clarksburg) to bring you a quintessential California Rosé with Provencal elegance.
- If you're looking for a soft and subtle thirst-quencher, you've met your match. This crisp delight is a gulp's worth of strawberries and cream... it goes with darn near anything!
- Stuff this summer guzzler inside a picnic basket loaded with creamy cheese and a stack of sliced prosciutto - you'll be a summertime hero.
Well, color me summer. This is a crisp and zippy little Chardonnay, full of endlessly refreshing tropical fruit flavors that will slip you into a delightful daze.
Evangelos has really mastered that balance of crisp and creamy, thanks to aging in a combination of stainless steel tanks and French oak barrels – so you get a little of that wood smoke and spice on an otherwise wildly fruity white.
Stick your toes in the sand and wriggle this bottle into some ice. Spin a few shrimp kebabs on the grill, and life is made.
Dark and inky Cabernet full of rich, jammy blackberry flavors made from hot climate vineyards. This one's ripe, plump and flat-out stacked with incredible flavor and supple, rich texture.
Evangelos traversed California to find you a robust Cabernet for your dollars - and splurged on fancy French oak barrels to bring delicious, homey spices to the finish.
- This Cab is a match for any tried and true family recipe. Our recommendation? Chicken Cacciatore, loaded with fresh tomatoes, garlic and a sprinkle of capers - this wine will be the ingredient you've been missing.
The tiny town of Lodi is known for ripe and robust Zinfandels… the kind of wildly bold reds spilling over with more juice and spice than an out-of-the-oven slice of berry pie.
And with your funding, Evangelos harvested 105 barrels worth of incredible Zinfandel from one of the best vineyards in the region - the Rippey family estate (a Lodi vineyard that dates back to 1900!)
Evangelos is the only winemaker granted permission to make Zin from this property. The minute he harvested his fruit, we called dibs on every single bottle – so you can sip assured that this single-vineyard beauty is exclusive to the Angels who made it possible!