Elegant and refined Pinot from the Russian River Valley – the top-producing Pinot region in Sonoma!
Russian River is a tiny-AVA of Pinot paradise. With ever-changing levels of sun and fog, each vineyard is unique. And with your support, Ondine showcased all her favorite vineyard blocks in a red that's mellow and refined yet bursting with cherry flavors. Pure magic.
Pinot Noir from vineyards of this caliber – from a regional champion like Ondine – is Angel-funded wine at its finest. Stock up while it lasts!
Ondine’s refined Russian River red is an elegant ensemble of Syrah, Petite Sirah, and Grenache, humming with heavenly black fruit flavors that bloom with a rich, full texture and long, endlessly savory finish.
In Russian River Valley, a region known more for its Pinots and Chardonnays, red blends like this are few and far between, Ondine says. “These are not wines that are found in supermarkets, they are not in the mainstream, they are rare. This scarcity alone makes the wine a great find for Angels...”
Pop the cork as soon as it hits your doorstep, or put a bottle or two aside for up to a few years to bring out more subtle, earthy flavors. Sip this world-class red by a roaring fire in winter, or enjoy it on a sunny deck in summer – “It’s a wine for all seasons,” Ondine says.
Elegant and rich but still bouncing with bright fruit, there's just something about Russian River Valley Pinot. "It has both subtlety and strength!" Ondine says.
Russian River is a tiny Sonoma AVA of Pinot paradise. With ever-changing levels of sun and fog ("some days it's wisps of fog... other days, blankets!" Ondine says) its grapes ripen supremely and delicately over time – a signature of the region that makes this Pinot truly delicious (and truly unique).
A typical bottle from these vineyards – made by a specialist like Ondine – sells for $30+ easy. Your $19 Angel savings is a thank you – and a testament to the wines only possible with customer support.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This white is a citrus circus of bright lemon and melons – even tropical tastes like pineapple and pear – all carefully brought out by Ondine to showcase how well these grapes grow in her beloved North Coast.
- Thanks to you, Ondine was able to work with two vineyards from her favorite Northern California region to make you a white with tons of character. Treasures like this are what your support is all about!
- Let it chill in the fridge for a bit before popping the cork and pairing it alongside a wedge of cheese and crackers or a basket of farmer’s market strawberries.
This show-stealing Chardonnay practically sings with a flavor ensemble of golden apple, pear, zings of lemon and even a touch of oaky creaminess to balance out a bright, tart finish so scrumptious you just have to taste it to believe it.
Angel funding gave Ondine the once-in-a-lifetime shot to scoop up the cream of the Chardonnay crop in Russian River Valley, from an acclaimed vineyard and grapegrowers she knows personally – and bring it to you for an unbelievable $9.99!
Ondine calls this “the perfect gathering wine” – whether you’re passing it around at a party, or pairing it with a big, fancy charcuterie spread split between friends, it’s the perfect high-class sipper for every occasion.
- Soak in the full spectrum of Sauvignon Blanc, the striking balance between pure, heady tropical fruit and fresh, clean citrus zing. This is truly top-shelf Sauvignon Blanc.
- Ondine spent 18 years mastering this lavish style of Sauvignon making the Russian River Valley’s flagship Geyser Peak, spending a good chunk of that time in the tutelage of your 8-time winemaker of the year, Daryl Groom (who consults on Ondine’s project and shares the billing on her wine label).
- “This Sauvignon Blanc is a divine companion to fresh oysters sourced from cool waters, and it’s a great wine to sip with friends to get the evening's festivities going. Perhaps most importantly it’s a little taste of springtime to kiss winter goodbye.”
For the very best of majestic Mendocino in a single bottle, look no further! From the rich taste of ripe plum and mouth-filling texture of Petite Sirah, to the spicy pepper and savory bacon-like flavors of Syrah, to the delicately fruity flashes of pomegranate and raspberry in the Grenache and Carignan – it’s all here!
Ondine’s Mendocino ties go way, way back. She works closely with some of the region’s very best growers who have kept their old vines instead of pulling them, just so wild, wonderful wines like this can still be made!
Ondine says to try and spot each of the distinct flavors in this richly layered red as you sip through – or better yet, pair it with your choice of French fare like Ratatouille or Cassoulet and let the good times roll!