Due to popular Angel demand, Oscar and Claudia just brought back this crisp Portuguese classic for its most delectable vintage yet! Flush with tangy citrus, tropical fruits and a refined smoothness, this juicy jawdropper makes for easy, elegant sipping any old day of the week.
Your sibling winemakers used your funding to make this white refresher in the style of Portugal’s world-famous Vinho Verde wines, sourcing straight from the tiny, exclusive region at the center of the Alvarinho universe!
Vinho Verde wines are virtually unattainable at the prices you get for being an Angel – but when you fund Portuguese pros like the Quevedos, your wines only taste expensive!
Oscar and Claudia’s rich red is deep, dark and drenched in complex layers of red fruit flavors from cherry to raspberry, with a trace of spice and a sultry smoothness that lingers on long after each sip.
Thanks to your support, your sibling winemakers could take this Touriga Nacional (the national grape of Portugal) from their own Valeira vineyard in the heart of Douro Valley and give it the most luxurious treatment possible for a refined red with unforgettable finesse.
This Portuguese red has it all – intensity, complexity and a price tag that’s exclusive to Angels like you!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Don’t sweat it if you can’t pronounce the grape trio of Rabigato, Gouveio and Viosinho – the only word you need is ‘Yum!’
- Those are some pretty exotic grapes, and they give this wine a whole mix of tropical flavors like pear and passionfruit, with even a hint of lemon bouncing around in the background. One more time – Yum!
- In Portugal’s Douro Valley, established vines produce way fewer grapes than in most other wine regions (that’s what makes for ultra-concentrated flavors!) – meaning whites like this often sell out before you know it. Get yours early or risk waiting until the next vintage...
- This lively, fresh and fruity Portuguese white blend from Quevedo siblings Oscar and Claudia dazzles with flavors so unforgettable, you’ll be getting thirsty every time you hear “Douro Valley” from now on.
- Angel funding gave the Quevedos free reign to blend a tongue-twisting trio of Portuguese grapes into this luscious white: Viosinho for a fresh floral character, Gouveio for depth and complexity and Códega do Larinho for flush, endlessly fruity flavors.
- “We could feel that these grapes could only make a great wine,” Oscar said. Now the only thing left is for you to taste it!
- Rich and juicy, Xisto drips with delicious dark cherry and plump blackberry flavors gliding on a fine, full texture that lasts and lasts.
- “Xisto” means “shale” in Portuguese, making this wine a savory shoutout to the Douro Valley’s soils and the pair of vineyards where the Quevedos sourced these pristine grapes. The shale soil reduces the yields per vine, which gives your winemakers more concentrated grapes with deeper layers of flavor.
- Because the Quevedos own most of the vineyards they source from, they’re able to handpick the grapes for wines like this lush red, make the wine in their own winery and bring it to Angels for a fraction of normal Douro prices.