WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen’s Black Label Calaveras Zin is dark, brooding and positively dripping in rich, ripe berry flavors and layered with a subtle, savory pinch of spice. For the very best of the California foothills, look no further!
- With your funding behind him, Stephen carefully combed through every corner of Calaveras for the fruit in this red, blending pristine Zin from gnarly head-trained vines on sunny slopes with perfectly ripened grapes that grew among towering forests.
- Working with the most deeply delicious fruit he could get his hands on, Stephen somehow managed to improve on the impeccable vintages before this one to bring you an unmatched and unforgettably lavish Black Label Zin.
- Ripe, rich and irresistible, Macario’s Tempranillo is a Spanish classic by way of California. Lush berry flavors and Tempranillo’s trademark savoriness glide with a smooth, full texture for a fruity, fine, flawless red.
- According to Macario, the secret to this red’s deliciousness comes down to three things: “Lodi, Lodi, Lodi... It’s the climate that most mimics what the vineyards of Spain have been doing with Tempranillo,” Macario says.
- With nice warm days, cool evenings and little or no fog to speak of, Lodi is THE spot for growing this Spanish red to ripe perfection. Macario’s expertise in Spanish varietals makes him your go-to winemaker for glorious reds like this.
- Carmen’s latest Chenin Blanc is clean, refreshing and flush with a bounty of bright fruit, like a helping of fresh pears and apples from a farmer’s market stand.
- Thanks to your support, Carmen could source impeccable fruit from old, old vineyards in South Africa and she carefully blended grapes that were harvested at varying ripeness for a complex, oh-so-craveable take on South Africa’s signature white grape.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks to bring out the fullest, freshest fruit flavors and a lush, textured mouthfeel, this Chenin is smooth and crisp, with a citrus backbone and finish so long and lingering, you have to taste it to believe it.
- Eponina was Wayne’s first Angel-funded sparkling wine ever – now it’s returning and more elegant than ever, with delicate layers of fruity finesse and oh-so-fine bubbles you won’t be able to resist!
- Wayne knows a thing or two about sparkling. Before he came to work for you, he was head winemaker for the American branch of THE Moët Chandon, making some of the most famous sparkling wines in the world. Now he’s using all his expertise just for you!
- With your funding, Wayne sourced pristine grapes from a cool-climate corner of California’s Central Valley to bring you a delicate, perfectly balanced sparkling white brimming with bright fruit flavors and sporting a wonderfully smooth, silky texture.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This sweet, golden treasure smacks of mouthwatering apricot and honey with a creamy texture that carries on for ages. It's wonderfully sweet but also elegantly balanced by a bit of aging in fancy French Oak and even a little Russian Oak!
- Leave a little out in a glass and taste how the flavors change as the wine warms up – get the whole range in a single glass, going from the sweeter fruit and honey flavors to a more savory nutmeg character and even a tiny touch of smoky deliciousness.
- Pair with your favorite bleu cheese to cut through a bit of the sweetness, and remember, the fun thing about sweeter wines is they tend to stay delicious practically forever after you open them. One last thing: Sam has something to admit – “I love this wine!”
If you enjoy Tempranillo, wait 'til you get a taste of this delectable Crianza (a.k.a., Tempranillo that's been aged a year in oak and a year in the bottle)... the rich red fruits, peppery spice and big, luxurious finish will leave your taste buds wanting more.
With Angel funding, Antonio harvested grapes from one of Spain's most prestigious wine regions, right on the banks of the Duero river. The stoney river soil make the vines work twice as hard, growing grapes with robust flavor.
Your scrumptious red is perfect for savory dishes like juicy rack of lamb with freshly-cracked pepper. (Don’t forget to let it breathe for a bit before sipping.) ¡Salud!
- This is a full-bodied powerhouse red not to be taken lightly! Jam-packed with lush and juicy dark fruit flavors against an elegant backdrop of warm spices and a plush, heavenly mouthfeel from 14 months of barrel aging.
- The grapes for this wine are handpicked by Tait Hamilton from his magnificent vineyards in Heathcoate, on the border of Australia's Mount Camel Ranges.
- Sam says, "for fans of the dangerously big (and generally expensive) Australian Shiraz, this is a crackingly good example." And it’s all yours for a song!
This deep purple powerhouse of a red is just dripping with dark, brambly fruit flavors, like taking a bite of rich, warm blueberry pie with a tiny bite of dark chocolate on the side. Mmmmm!
Sharon knows the vineyards up and down California’s Central Coast like the back of her hand. So when Angels give her the keys to the top vines from Paso Robles up to Monterey, she delivers show-stopping reds like this for a steal – and makes it look easy!
Your Central Coast Queen carefully blended together individual batches of stellar Petite Sirah before aging half the finished wine in French Oak for a fine, smooth texture and irresistible finish.
- Irene’s champion Chilean red is a master class in deep, dark, intensely fruity flavors, meticulously mingled with sweet spices and a sublimely smooth texture from oak barrel aging.
- Thanks to your support, Irene could source this world-class Carmenere from a single vineyard in Peumo, a tiny village with a BIG reputation as one of the most primo spots for the varietal in all of Chile.
- These pristine grapes grow on a postcard-perfect sunny hillside where they get juuuust the right conditions to ripen slowly, giving your wine the fullest, freshest flavors imaginable.
- Lush, dark, delicious Zinfandel bursting with a bounty of bold fruit and aged on fire-toasted French oak!
- With your funding and support, Matt set out from his famous turf in Napa to conquer the undiscovered wine country right next door in Contra Costa! Matt's "24" Zin was made from 35-year-old vines from a stretch of farmland (24 acres to be exact) in nearby Oakley.
- This is Matt’s second vintage of this special red from a historic area with teeny tiny wine production. Best not to wait once this hits the virtual shelves – over 2,200 Angels said they loved the last vintage and would eagerly buy it again!