- Stephen brings you this classic California Cabernet with a delicious dive into dark berries and cherries leading into a long, complex finish.
- Thanks to Angel funding, your 3-time Winemaker of the Year was able to personally select a single estate vineyard in Lodi with the best grapes possible for bringing out this Cabernet’s fullest colors and flavors – just for you!
- This luscious red can easily hold its own against other California Cabernets, at a value hard (impossible?) to beat. Stephen plans to sip it with a grilled bone-in rib-eye on the side – he suggests you do the same!
- Your fan-favorite, full-powered Pinot Noir from the "Napa Valley of the South." Just shy of L.A., Sta. Rita is famous for its gorgeous cool climate wines that sell for $30+ a bottle.
- Matt made a voluptuous Pinot, harvesting premium fruit from two celebrity vineyards and aging the juice in seasoned French oak barrels – for a full year!
- This is a top-shelf wine that YOU fund from scratch – be proud. One of California's most expensive wines is yours for a bargain!
- Rich and juicy, Xisto drips with delicious dark cherry and plump blackberry flavors gliding on a fine, full texture that lasts and lasts.
- “Xisto” means “shale” in Portuguese, making this wine a savory shoutout to the Douro Valley’s soils and the pair of vineyards where the Quevedos sourced these pristine grapes. The shale soil reduces the yields per vine, which gives your winemakers more concentrated grapes with deeper layers of flavor.
- Because the Quevedos own most of the vineyards they source from, they’re able to handpick the grapes for wines like this lush red, make the wine in their own winery and bring it to Angels for a fraction of normal Douro prices.
- Sit back and let Ben’s rich, juicy and oh-so-scrumptious red carry you away on a stream of full, fresh fruit flavors that glide over an endlessly smooth, lingering texture. There’s no place like Rhone!
- Thanks to your support, Ben had his choice of vineyards straight from France’s famous Rhone Valley, where some of the best Syrah and Grenache in the world grows. Your Rhone expert blended these red grapes to perfection for a seamlessly smooth and delicious delight – exclusively for you!
- There’s Côtes du Rhône – then there’s Côtes du Rhône Plus! To put that extra bit of finesse on this already refined red, Ben aged it for 8 months in barrels and coaxed out every ounce of elegance.
- Dark and dreamy Pinot Noir doused in fresh fruit flavors like the first bite of a full, ripe cherry. This red is sleek and smooth with an oaky backbone that lets the fruit shine through on a long, luxurious finish.
- Rod aged this Pinot in small French oak barrels straight from a special connection in Burgundy, to help show off the fullest, most refined character of these glorious grapes.
- With your help, Rod sourced this red from Martinborough, the birthplace of New Zealand Pinot Noir and home to some of the north island’s very best Pinot vineyards.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This full-bodied red has a sweet tooth. Get ready for a juicy surprise and delight!
- With your funding, Tom took the components of his 90% rated red, blending Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and a rare inky red called Tannat up with a little richness to make it the perfect after-dinner slurp.
- If you're looking to match it with a meal, try "a rich beef or lamb stew with a bit of spice, Chile Verde, perhaps even Cioppino!" your Angel-funded winemaker says.
Lushly layered lighter fruit flavors mingle seamlessly with just a touch of spice and a delicate, juicy texture to bring you one of the hands-down most delicious, soul-warming Pinot Noirs Angels have ever funded.
Derek took this Pinot from vine to wine, overseeing every step in the vineyard all the way up to harvest, then every step in the winery from blending to barreling, until it was perfect enough to finally put in bottles and bring to you.
“I've made single vineyard Pinot Noirs that have sold for $99 a pop...and they sold out fast,” Derek says. “This wine is just as good at a fraction of the cost. Wiley is a world-class vineyard and the proof is in the bottle.”
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Dark and inky with heaps of blueberries, blackberries, and more black fruit on the nose. This is a quintessential Petite Sirah with a touch of sweet spices from French oak aging.
- Clarksburg has the kind of rich, black clay soil that grows intensely concentrated grapes – and an expert winemaker in Karen, who knows how to take Petite Sirah's raw power and give it balance and strength.
- This Petite Sirah got all the attention it deserved – and now it's perfectly in its prime! Your Angel-funded winemaker says: "I watched over this wine from grape to bottle... tasting it every step of the way!"
- Last year's vintage won Double Gold at the 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition (yep... double gold!).
- Smooth, sumptuous and rich old-vine Pinot Noir, harvested from the breezy oceanside hills of Santa Barbara County.
- Rick let nature do its best work and made your elegant Central Coast red with minimal intervention – after harvest, he gathered up all of his grapes into oak barrels, and let every delicate fruit flavor build to a crescendo of smoky dark cherries. Mmmm.
- This is a rich, complex Pinot (and a gold medal winner!) – so silky, lush and round, it'll wrap you in warmth like a winter sweater. If you're hankering for perfect holiday wine, you've found it.
- This is a festive Pinot – the kind of easy-drinking, cherry-filled red you can guzzle just as easily by the pool as you can by a cozy winter fire.
- Ben's part of a family line of grape growers and hand-harvested this Pinot from his own property in the north facing slopes of Marlborough. He treats his fruit with every care imaginable (including resting it on over a year's worth of French oak barrels.)
- New Zealand reds have a fresh, vibrant side – they're a bit lighter than Californian wines, and a bit richer than classic French styles. That makes this Pinot the Goldilocks of wines – and it's juuuuust right.