Rick’s deeply delicious red is chock full of heavenly, hearty dark fruit flavors from ripe raspberry to lush plum, all topped off by a warm, spicy finish. It’s a wine full of Santa Barbara soul like only a winemaking master such as Rick could pull off.
In Rick’s 30 years of winemaking, this is easily one of the most decadent and elegant single-vineyard Syrahs he’s ever made - with premium fruit from the oldest appellation of Santa Barbara wine country.
Rick’s built a name for himself making top-rated Syrahs – but this dream wine was his favorite to make thus far! This is one wine you want to have this holiday – but so do most Angels. Make sure you take home your share while it lasts!
Ondine’s refined Russian River red is an elegant ensemble of Syrah, Petite Sirah, and Grenache, humming with heavenly black fruit flavors that bloom with a rich, full texture and long, endlessly savory finish.
In Russian River Valley, a region known more for its Pinots and Chardonnays, red blends like this are few and far between, Ondine says. “These are not wines that are found in supermarkets, they are not in the mainstream, they are rare. This scarcity alone makes the wine a great find for Angels...”
Pop the cork as soon as it hits your doorstep, or put a bottle or two aside for up to a few years to bring out more subtle, earthy flavors. Sip this world-class red by a roaring fire in winter, or enjoy it on a sunny deck in summer – “It’s a wine for all seasons,” Ondine says.
- Macario worked with his growers to harvest these grapes nice and early to give you a smooth, easy-drinking red that's loaded with bold, juicy berries and a nice long finish.
- Macario uses unusual grape combinations like velvety Merlot and inky Petite Sirah – grapes that grow very well in California, but don't have the reputation and cost of other more widely-known grapes. So you get this flavor-packed blend for a great price!
- This blend's got amazing versatility – and you just can't say that about any red wine. The silky, sumptuous layers make this wine shine with anything... from appetizers to ribeyes!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stephen’s smooth, top-shelf Cab is loaded with seductive dark fruits, a touch of spice and velvety soft textures.
There’s a reason Stephen’s your most popular winemaker – he knows how to pick ‘em...literally. Harvesting premium grapes from the woodsy Sierra Foothills and sun-filled Lodi, he then aged your Cab in oak for supple textures and flavor.
Sip this Cab alongside some ribs dripping in BBQ sauce, a pasta salad and some fresh greens for full-on relaxation.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sam’s show-stealing Australian Shiraz is ripe and peppery, with more spicy-sweet appeal than the sauciest Napoletana pizza – and a signature savory aroma that’s like wafting in freshly-crisped breakfast bacon. Mmmm…
With Angel funding, Sam hit three different vineyards for balanced fruit flavor. With his tight-knit cellar crew, he used small-batch winemaking methods to elevate the sumptuous layers for this red – aging the wine in both new and seasoned oak for the final, decadent touch.
Sam could only make so many barrels of this Shiraz, making the bottles that are out there rare treasures. Scoop up your share before the number of bottles dwindles down to a big, fat emu egg.
- This refined red is deep, dark and delicious from start to finish with a juicy texture and lush, ripe dark fruit flavors, plus just a hint of savory pepper on a full finish that lasts and lasts and lasts. Thirsty yet?
- Chris sourced this premium Pinot from a pair of top vineyards in the exclusive Yamhill-Carlton corner of the Willamette Valley, where conditions are perfect for growing intense, otherworldly Pinot Noir.
- Angels voted Chris their first-ever Rookie of the Year last year, and wines like this are exactly why! He takes Angel support and turns it into world-class wine treasures like this pristine Pinot.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Complex, fresh and fruity with a touch of toasty oak coursing through it, Stephen’s easy-drinking red is a rich ride that ends softly with a long, full finish.
Stephen chose the best grapes from certified sustainable vineyards for this red, and a little oak aging makes their flavors shine even brighter.
Pair it up with a hearty stew and a few cheeses, OR try aging this red for 2-3 years to bring out the full depth of flavors… if you can wait!
- Stephen's top-rated red is back – and it's full of big, juicy flavors like ripe raspberries, blackberries and a nice long finish.
- Gathering seven Calaveras County varietals, Stephen used small-production winemaking techniques and barrel aging to bring you your oh-so-easy-drinking red.
- Your red blend is one of Stephen's favorites to sip with cozy, hearty dishes as the leaves start to fall. "I'm thinking beans, sausages and a rich sauce would make a perfect pairing."
WE'RE NOT SURE
Scott took a step away from his 90% rated Pinot Noirs to showcase a rare Oregon red – he says the best Tempranillo in the U.S. grows in Umpqua Valley, and this 90+ rated beauty is proof.
In short, believe the hype. This powerful red gives Oregon Pinot a run for its money. It's full-bodied and flush with ripe fruit - humming with a rich and toasty finish that'll coat your tongue and fill your dreams.
Wines like this have all the care and quality of a $40 or $50 bottle of wine, but for helping Scott source grapes from select vineyard sites in the Umpqua Valley, Angels get it for just a fraction of that. Cheers!
- Oh-so-elegant Pinot Noir from Willamette – the cool-climate Oregon Valley that's become a worldwide obsession (for delicious reason!)
- Scott selected dry-farmed vineyards for your Pinot - less water means every grape fills with incredibly concentrated flavors. Raspberries, cherries, toasty barrel-aged flavors... they're all inside.
- You give a Pinot expert the freedom to make the wine he loves - so you get a wine over 90% of Angels say they would buy again, for an incredible price to match (you don't see wines like this in the market for anything less than $40 a pop!)