- When Ben came to us with the wild idea to use a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we were blown away.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- The result? Ben has taken reds from the fancy Languedoc region of France to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark, dreamy and oh-so-delicious.
- Uco Valley is the Napa of Argentina – as famous for its incredibly lush Malbecs as Wine Country is for full-bodied Cabs. And Mauricio's bringing this celebrity Malbec directly to Angels – packed with delicious flavors like ripe, juicy black fruits and an oh-so-smooth finish.
- Mauricio went to the Uco Valley to prune, pick, press, ferment, bottle and age this luscious Malbec with incredible amounts of TLC... so you can really taste what makes the region special – nothing more, nothing less.
- As an Angel, you're getting top-shelf Malbec for a third of the price you'd ever see it for in the shop (if you could find a bottle to begin with). This red is an instant classic. Mark our words!
A special selection from Chris – traditional austere Pinot, made extra silky from a combo of barrel and bottle aging.
After winning your 1st ever Rookie of the Year award, Chris worked quickly to make you an easy-drinking Pinot to celebrate – calling up his friends in Willamette to put together a blend of Pinot from three local vineyards. Perfection.
This is just the start for Chris – he's in the cellar as we speak, putting the finishing touches on seriously special new Pinots from his favorite Willamette AVAs. Enjoy this wine now... while you eagerly await what's next!
- This refined red is deep, dark and delicious from start to finish with a juicy texture and lush, ripe dark fruit flavors, plus just a hint of savory pepper on a full finish that lasts and lasts and lasts. Thirsty yet?
- Chris sourced this premium Pinot from a pair of top vineyards in the exclusive Yamhill-Carlton corner of the Willamette Valley, where conditions are perfect for growing intense, otherworldly Pinot Noir.
- Angels voted Chris their first-ever Rookie of the Year last year, and wines like this are exactly why! He takes Angel support and turns it into world-class wine treasures like this pristine Pinot.
Dark, intense, and singing with flavor, this is a Malbec you'll want on put on repeat.
With your funding, Mauricio made a Malbec from one of his own vineyards in Uco Valley – and it was no small feat because Los Árboles stands tall at 4100 feet! Its rocky terrain makes grapes grow sturdy and strong – that's where all the concentrated flavors come from, too.
This is one of the most requested wines on the site, and from a rockstar like Mauricio, it'll move fast – grab a few before it's gone for good!
Sam’s show-stealing Australian Shiraz is ripe and peppery, with more spicy-sweet appeal than the sauciest Napoletana pizza – and a signature savory aroma that’s like wafting in freshly-crisped breakfast bacon. Mmmm…
With Angel funding, Sam hit three different vineyards for balanced fruit flavor. With his tight-knit cellar crew, he used small-batch winemaking methods to elevate the sumptuous layers for this red – aging the wine in both new and seasoned oak for the final, decadent touch.
Sam could only make so many barrels of this Shiraz, making the bottles that are out there rare treasures. Scoop up your share before the number of bottles dwindles down to a big, fat emu egg.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Your South American superstar just released a future blockbuster – a Mendoza red that's bursting at the seams with Latin flair.
- With your support, Mauricio bottled up the best of Argentina, blending Andean Syrah, full-bodied Bonarda and the moneymaker – Malbec! – all harvested from Uco Valley, the most coveted vineyard region of Mendoza.
- At under $10 per bottle, this special blend is a steal, so be sure to snap it up quick!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Dark and inky with heaps of blueberries, blackberries, and more black fruit on the nose. This is a quintessential Petite Sirah with a touch of sweet spices from its oak aging (and a bit of brightness from a touch of Zinfandel and Viognier blended at the end).
- This Petite Sirah got all the attention it deserved – and now it's perfectly in its prime! Your Angel-funded winemaker says: "I watched over this wine from grape to bottle... tasting it every step of the way!"
- Generous, powerful wine calls for generous,powerful food– try a big juicy burger with roasted portobello mushrooms and gooey cheese, and your tastebuds will demand a glass.
Ben’s ripe and sophisticated Minervois is the effortlessly-exquisite French red you need to experience for yourself!
You can find wines at this level at fancy brasseries in Paris (or bouchons in Lyon) – but your support for Ben lets you get your hands on this scrumptious red for less than double digits.
Ben’s a tenured, self-made winemaker who followed his passion to master the art of making scrumptious wines. You’ve made this vigneron’s dreams come true – time to drink in your reward.
This Grenache floods your mouth with intense, juicy, red berry flavors, then its alluring subtle smokiness pulls you in for more.
Franck used fruit from the cool climate of Montsant which neighbors one of the most expensive wine regions in Spain – so you get all the rich, complex juiciness, without the nose-bleed prices.
Tuck into this sassy, juice-bomb with a plate of wafer-thin Iberico ham and a small dish of almonds. It’s a Mediterranean combo guaranteed to make you weak at the knees.