- Jen's passionate plea to make a batch of this fortified wine was too good an opportunity to miss! Your elegant 500ml bottle of Topaque is a true sweet treat – dripping with warm spices, dried fruits, caramel and cream... like a liquid cinnamon roll.
- ...but as delicious as it is, Topaque is at risk of becoming extinct, with less than 20 producers making this wine worldwide. YOU just funded one of the rarest and most special wines on Earth.
- A quality Rutherglen fortified wine under $20 is truly a shock – the region's world-famous for unique and fine dessert wines, and you'd pay double on the shelf (if you weren't a deserving Angel, that is!).
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This sweet, golden treasure smacks of mouthwatering apricot and honey with a creamy texture that carries on for ages. It's wonderfully sweet but also elegantly balanced by a bit of aging in fancy French Oak and even a little Russian Oak!
- It's one of the trickiest wines Sam makes, but you can taste the extra effort and love that goes into every drop. Leave a little out in a glass and taste how the flavors change as the wine warms up – get the whole range in a single glass, going from the sweeter fruit and honey flavors to a more savory nutmeg character and toastiness.
- Pair with your favorite bleu cheese to cut through a bit of the sweetness, and remember, the fun thing about sweeter wines is they tend to stay delicious practically forever after you open them. One last thing: Sam has something to admit – “I love this wine!”