WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen's dangerously drinkable Shiraz hails from a single-vineyard Lodi estate that grows oodles of dark and juicy fruit.
- If you've never heard of Lodi, you have to check it out. This region is just a little off the beaten path, but it's producing sensational wines at very un-Californian prices.
- You'll open this when you just want to relax in the afternoon. Stick your nose in a glass and breathe in deep. This exotic, berry-packed red smells better than any perfume.
- Scott knows how to respect Sonoma fruit - he's not looking for bright aromatics or giant fruit flavors with this Pinot - just a smooth, balanced red with a perfectly supple finish.
- Harvested from three special vineyards, Scott fermented each block separately in French oak barrels then blended to make a sumptuous Pinot that shows off his favorite Sonoma Coast fruit.
- This scrumptious Pinot Noir is designed for a feast. Share with your family if you dare.
- Last year's vintage received a Double Gold medal in the 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition - that's the highest medal they award!
When Camille first arrived to California wine country almost 20 years ago, cult Napa Cabs was her calling. And people would get in line to pay $150+ for wines like hers...but you can sip this luxuriously dreamy red for less than a quarter of that price!
Camille gathered grapes from the most exclusive region in Napa, using precise production techniques and first-class French oak aging to amplify the wine’s rich characteristics.
A sophisticated Cab like this deserves to be sipped alongside a rich, slow-cooked meal or a premium cut of steak. Bon appetit!
Last year's vintage stole an impressive Gold at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition... so you definitely don't want to pass this vintage up!
This decadent red is jam-packed with flavors like red cherries and plums with a smooth, balanced finish (thanks to a dash of California Cab).
Tom scoured Lake County to find you the best grapes for your rich and robust Merlot – then aged the wine on both French and American oak for soft, silky texture.
A top-shelf, already-aged North Coast Merlot like this will sell for more than double elsewhere. Decant or open the bottle an hour before grilling up a juicy ribeye... ahhhh. Bliss.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Your seductive Bordeaux blend from a 100-Parker Point "Garagiste" (that's a Bordeaux winemaker who works on very small volumes, often single vineyards).
- Jonathan's vines produce highly concentrated, small berries...so every drop is full of drool-worthy flavors like black cherries and rich dark chocolate. 2016's harvest was "ideal" according to your winemaker - it's his favorite vintage since 2010!
- Jonathan's the Garagiste behind brands like Le Dôme that cost upwards of $200 a bottle. Angel funding lets him create your exclusive small-production wine, absolutely saturated with flavor... for less than $17 a bottle.
- Robust and silky-smooth red from a prime-time Pinot region - spilling over with flavors like rich cherries, juicy wild berries and a touch of toasty oak.
- Daryl went to five different vineyards in Sonoma’s Russian River Valley to give your Pinot lush, mouth-filling layers of flavor - then aged it in French oak for satiny-smooth richness.
- Your winemaker made $800 bottles of wine in Australia, but now he’s making his absolute dream wines - thanks to you! Treat yourself by scooping up a bottle (or two) of this perfectly-aged Pinot.
- You fund an award-winning wine! It took home silver at the prestigious San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rich, velvety Cab that sizzles with flavor. Smooth black fruit gives this wine a ton of power and a velvety finish. Don't Paso it up!
- Angels gave Matt the chance to work from two premium vineyard sites in cooler growing regions in Paso Robles - one from the Eastside, one from the Westside. The warm days and cooler nights let the grapes ripen slowly and more evenly, giving the wine more depth and complexity.
- This is a gorgeous, lush and classic Cabernet – the perfect combination of SoCal sunshine, unique soils, and Matt's unabashed passion for the region.
If you love elegant reds, this signature Italian grape might become your new fave! Your soft and velvety Barbera is full of juicy flavors like wild strawberries, black cherries, boysenberries and toasty spices.
Lodi's Mediterranean climate is ideal for growing intense, sun-ripened Barbera. And Karen tasted this red each day of fermentation, making sure flavors and textures were juuuust right.
- A luscious, silky-smooth Italian red like this was meant for grilled peppered steak or creamy mushroom risotto. Cin cin!
- Patrice Grasset is a 3rd generation winemaker and a lifelong resident of the Loire, where they make the most famous French whites in the world. But what's to stop him from going to Bordeaux - to make the most famous reds...?
- Nothing, because he has YOUR backing! With your help, your France expert traveled to the most expensive red wine region in the world – and harvested a mix of rich Cabernet and Merlot for this impeccable blend.
- Now you're getting bona fide Bordeaux for $12.99! Will you be one of the lucky Angels to nab a rare bottle?
WE'RE NOT SURE
This scrumptious Reserve Petite Sirah is packed with rich, plummy flavors that'll make you swoon - blanketed by warm, toasty spices for an oh-so-cozy finish.
Karen harvested grapes from Lodi, where hot summers and cool fog give fruit deep, concentrated flavor ideal for luscious reds like this. And Karen gave your Reserve a nice rest on oak for a final melt-in-your-mouth touch!
This wine just screams for a big fat burger or a juicy rack of ribs. Make sure to give the wine a nice, long breather beforehand to really let the flavors open up – you won't regret it...