- When Ben came to us with the wild idea to use a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we were blown away.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- The result? Ben has taken reds from the fancy Languedoc region of France to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark, dreamy and oh-so-delicious.
- Irene’s champion Chilean red is a master class in deep, dark, intensely fruity flavors, meticulously mingled with sweet spices and a sublimely smooth texture from oak barrel aging.
- Thanks to your support, Irene could source this world-class Carmenere from a single vineyard in Peumo, a tiny village with a BIG reputation as one of the most primo spots for the varietal in all of Chile.
- These pristine grapes grow on a postcard-perfect sunny hillside where they get juuuust the right conditions to ripen slowly, giving your wine the fullest, freshest flavors imaginable.
- Sit back and let Ben’s rich, juicy and oh-so-scrumptious red carry you away on a stream of full, fresh fruit flavors that glide over an endlessly smooth, lingering texture. There’s no place like Rhone!
- Thanks to your support, Ben had his choice of vineyards straight from France’s famous Rhone Valley, where some of the best Syrah and Grenache in the world grows. Your Rhone expert blended these red grapes to perfection for a seamlessly smooth and delicious delight – exclusively for you!
- There’s Côtes du Rhône – then there’s Côtes du Rhône Plus! To put that extra bit of finesse on this already refined red, Ben aged it for 8 months in barrels and coaxed out every ounce of elegance.
- Smooth, sumptuous Pinot Noir from one of the most expensive wine-growing regions in California. And it's bursting with bold flavors like cherries, dark berries and creamy, elegant texture.
- Sta. Rita is cool and breezy, where grapes hang on the vine longer to pick up dark, concentrated flavors. Jacqueline walked the vineyard to hand-pick the very best fruit for this premium Pinot.
- Your funding gives your winemaker the chance to perfect this Pinot year after year! And the quality is unreal. Open and let it breathe a bit, then enjoy it with a juicy burger (even better if you’ve got fries).
WE'RE NOT SURE
Bold, pure, ripe Reserve Cabernet that’s filled with luscious dark fruit and plums notes – if you love Stephen's Arabella Cab... it gets even better!
Stephen has been making wines for Angels since wayyy back in the beginning. His unparalleled experience has made his South African Cabernet Sauvignon the most popular wine on our site.
With a little more funding from Angels, Stephen created this premium vintage of his fan-favorite Cab. Effortlessly ripe and robust... and then some!
WE'RE NOT SURE
My-oh-my, Mauricio's Cabernet is seductive – smooth and spicy, like roasted red peppers fresh off a sizzling grill. And it’s super complex, from its time aging in deluxe French oak.
Harvested fresh off an Uco Valley mountaintop in Mendoza – from a vineyard at 3,400 ft! This coveted Cabernet region makes wines *some* might call “full-bodied and complex.” Mauricio calls them deee-licious.
Vista Flores might ring a bell – it's the prestigious sub-region that brought BIG international winemakers to Argentina, like Rolland and Rothschild. You’re getting that same top-dollar flavor and winemaking expertise for a fraction of the price!
Antonio’s Tempranillo is so delectable and unyielding, even a bolt of lightning couldn’t stop this resilient red – literally! When a bolt struck and destroyed his vineyards, Angels funded Antonio to rebuild his winery – and he’s been able to make this bold Tempranillo every year since.
With the support of Angels, Antonio’s crafted a wine where he controls for 100% of the process, from bud to bottle. Within 20 minutes of being picked, grapes are carefully crafted and treated to 100-year-old techniques passed down to Antonio from his winemaking family.
Your magnificent red’s the bold, velvety piece of heaven you didn’t know you needed. Pour a glass with herb-crusted lamb chops and let the flavors intermingle to your heart’s delight.
Dark, intense, and singing with flavor, this is a Malbec you'll want on put on repeat.
With your funding, Mauricio made a Malbec from one of his own vineyards in Uco Valley – and it was no small feat because Los Árboles stands tall at 4100 feet! Its rocky terrain makes grapes grow sturdy and strong – that's where all the concentrated flavors come from, too.
This is one of the most requested wines on the site, and from a rockstar like Mauricio, it'll move fast – grab a few before it's gone for good!
- Rich and juicy, Xisto drips with delicious dark cherry and plump blackberry flavors gliding on a fine, full texture that lasts and lasts.
- “Xisto” means “shale” in Portuguese, making this wine a savory shoutout to the Douro Valley’s soils and the pair of vineyards where the Quevedos sourced these pristine grapes. The shale soil reduces the yields per vine, which gives your winemakers more concentrated grapes with deeper layers of flavor.
- Because the Quevedos own most of the vineyards they source from, they’re able to handpick the grapes for wines like this lush red, make the wine in their own winery and bring it to Angels for a fraction of normal Douro prices.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Your seductive Bordeaux blend from a 100-Parker Point "Garagiste" (that's a Bordeaux winemaker who works on very small volumes, often single vineyards).
- Jonathan's vines produce highly concentrated, small berries...so every drop is full of drool-worthy flavors like black cherries and rich dark chocolate. 2016's harvest was "ideal" according to your winemaker - it's his favorite vintage since 2010!
- Jonathan's the Garagiste behind brands like Le Dôme that cost upwards of $200 a bottle. Angel funding lets him create your exclusive small-production wine, absolutely saturated with flavor... for less than $17 a bottle.