WE'RE NOT SURE
- When Ben came to us with the wild idea to use a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we were blown away.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- The result? Ben has taken reds from the fancy Languedoc region of France to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark, dreamy and oh-so-delicious.
- This elegant coastal Cab is wrapped in bold, dark fruit intensity and has a super-silky finish that’s second to none.
- Having spent their life tending some of the most famous vineyards along California’s coast, these brothers are finally putting out wine with their own name on the bottle – and it’s Angels like you that made it all possible!
- Nicholas and Marshall’s muscular Cab is the perfect excuse to bust out the grill. Some spicy sausage links, a few bacon loaded burgers, and this red turns up to eleven!
- Jean Pascal’s world-class Cab from the Andes is elegant, juicy and drenched in deep dark berry flavors, delicately layered with a light touch of oaky spice and all wrapped up in a fine, full mouthfeel and long, lingering finish.
- Starting with flawless fruit from 30-year-old vineyards growing in pristine conditions, Jean Pascal took this perfectly ripened Chilean Cabernet and blended it with just a touch of Chile’s other hallmark varietal, Carmenere for a refined red that's simply unforgettable.
- Your expert Chilean winemaker prefers a hands-off approach, choosing instead to let this Cabernet show off just how ideal his corner of the world is for growing first-rate Cabernet you just won’t be able to get enough of.
- Jean Pascal’s world-class Cab from the Andes is elegant, juicy and drenched in deep dark berry flavors, a light touch of oaky spice and delicately layered with a fine, full mouthfeel and long, lingering finish.
- Made with flawless fruit from 30-year-old vineyards growing in pristine conditions, Jean Pascal took this perfectly ripened Chilean Cabernet, then blended it with just a touch of Chile’s other hallmark varietal, Carmenere.
- Your Chilean expert prefers a hands-off approach to his winemaking, choosing instead to let this Cabernet show off just how ideal his corner of the world is for growing first-rate Cabernet you won’t be able to get enough of.
- Your fan-favorite, full-powered Pinot Noir from the "Napa Valley of the South." Just shy of L.A., Sta. Rita is famous for its gorgeous cool climate wines that sell for $30+ a bottle.
- Matt made a voluptuous Pinot, harvesting premium fruit from two celebrity vineyards and aging the juice in seasoned French oak barrels – for a full year!
- This is a top-shelf wine that YOU fund from scratch – be proud. One of California's most expensive wines is yours for a bargain!
- Rich and juicy, Xisto drips with delicious dark cherry and plump blackberry flavors gliding on a fine, full texture that lasts and lasts.
- “Xisto” means “shale” in Portuguese, making this wine a savory shoutout to the Douro Valley’s soils and the pair of vineyards where the Quevedos sourced these pristine grapes. The shale soil reduces the yields per vine, which gives your winemakers more concentrated grapes with deeper layers of flavor.
- Because the Quevedos own most of the vineyards they source from, they’re able to handpick the grapes for wines like this lush red, make the wine in their own winery and bring it to Angels for a fraction of normal Douro prices.
- Sit back and let Ben’s rich, juicy and oh-so-scrumptious red carry you away on a stream of full, fresh fruit flavors that glide over an endlessly smooth, lingering texture. There’s no place like Rhone!
- Thanks to your support, Ben had his choice of vineyards straight from France’s famous Rhone Valley, where some of the best Syrah and Grenache in the world grows. Your Rhone expert blended these red grapes to perfection for a seamlessly smooth and delicious delight – exclusively for you!
- There’s Côtes du Rhône – then there’s Côtes du Rhône Plus! To put that extra bit of finesse on this already refined red, Ben aged it for 8 months in barrels and coaxed out every ounce of elegance.
This generous, silky and a-smidge-spicy Poggio di Guardia is made from grapes grown atop the tallest hills in Tuscany!
Stefano selects every grape by hand – to make sure every berry is ripe and just right. The result is a top-shelf Italian blend that rivals the best Super Tuscans. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more...
If you have the patience to wait then let this beauty rest until the end of 2019. Stefano says it will show at its best from that point on, and will only improve with age for decades to come.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stephen's Petite has heavenly flavors of bold, dark fruits with hints of creaminess – like a steaming-hot berry pie just out of the oven... ahhhh. Can't get any better.
The warm, dry vineyards of Lodi soak up so much sun that grapes are able to develop full, robust flavor – which, thanks to your support, Stephen was able to craft into this juicy red.
Your champion winemaker loves sippin’ on this red alongside savory foods like BBQ ribs or eggplant parmesan. (He picks the eggplant right from his garden! Impressive..most impressive.)
Antonio’s Tempranillo is so delectable and unyielding, even a bolt of lightning couldn’t stop this resilient red – literally! When a bolt struck and destroyed his vineyards, Angels funded Antonio to rebuild his winery – and he’s been able to make this bold Tempranillo every year since.
With the support of Angels, Antonio’s crafted a wine where he controls for 100% of the process, from bud to bottle. Within 20 minutes of being picked, grapes are carefully crafted and treated to 100-year-old techniques passed down to Antonio from his winemaking family.
Your magnificent red’s the bold, velvety piece of heaven you didn’t know you needed. Pour a glass with herb-crusted lamb chops and let the flavors intermingle to your heart’s delight.