- Stefano di Blasi is the talented winemaker who made Solaia and Tignanello – two of the most iconic (and expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- And YOUR Angel funding lets him work with an old Sangiovese vineyard that produces a tiny amount of super-concentrated grapes that gives this red its power and finesse.
- Stefano says, "Chianti is an elegant easy-drinking tradition of Italy. So if you want to leave the experience of drinking and eating just like an Italian would do, this is the wine!"
- Stefano's Italian blend is part of a new generation of wines from Tuscany - he took a traditionally big red and turned it silky. This is SO easy to drink.
- On top of world-class Sangiovese from Tuscany's rolling hills, Stefano blended in Cabernet and Merlot from the coast to give this wine more wow-factor (a trick he also uses when making $100 Super Tuscans).
- You can say a lot of wine is good with pizza – but Toscana is destined for a fresh-from-the-oven slice topped with crumbled sausage, olives and gooey mozzarella cheese. Sip, chomp, sip, repeat. It's the most luxurious Friday night you'll ever have.
WE'RE NOT SURE
When it comes to classic powerhouse Primitivo, no one does it like Dom. Bursting with a pop of warm Italian sunshine, this red packs a velvety punch of bold fruit flavors like juicy cherries and sun-soaked berries with a long, silky smooth finish.
Dom’s favorite place in the world to make wine is Puglia, down in the bootheel of Italy, where he sourced this Primitivo from old vines right near the sea.
Fun fact: Primitivo and Zinfandel? Same grape – just one grows in Italy. Even funner fact: Dom’s only made this red for Angels in the UK so far, but it’s finally hitting the U.S. shelves for the first time in Naked history! If – no, when – you fall in love with this Primitivo, don’t be surprised to find yourself chasing down all the Italian wines you fund!