- Luis’s Montaria Reserva Lente is a robust red packed with lush, sumptuous fruit and a sultry, mouthwatering smoothness from aging in French oak barrels that gives way to a wonderfully long-lasting finish.
- Your funding helped Luis source three of Portugal’s most important red varieties – Touriga Nacional for a dollop of bold juiciness, Touriga Franca for a touch of fruity finesse and Alicante Bouschet for a rich, mouth-filling smoothness. Then he masterfully blend them all together into a single red that, put simply, is Portuguese perfection.
- Luis is your most popular Portuguese winemaker ever, living and working in the world-famous Alentejo region (“Lente” for short) and bringing you wines like this top-shelf Reserva straight from his very own beautiful estate.
- This rich, decadent Xisto is dripping with juicy fruit flavors like ripe dark cherry and plump blackberry all backed by a lush, mouth-filling smoothness that's endlessly satisfying.
- “Xisto” means “shale” in Portuguese, making this wine a savory shoutout to the Douro Valley’s soils and the pair of vineyards where the Quevedos sourced these pristine grapes. The shale soil reduces the yields per vine, which gives your winemakers more concentrated grapes with deeper layers of flavor.
- Because the Quevedos own most of the vineyards they source from, they’re able to handpick the grapes for wines like this lush red, make the wine in their own winery and bring it to Angels for a fraction of normal Douro prices.
- Angels couldn’t get enough of Luis’s debut of Reserva Capital – so he’s bringing it back for a glorious second vintage, loaded with all the lush, mouth-filling dark fruit flavors and finesse that Angels love. Luis has made Portuguese perfection – again!
- With so much Angel support behind him, Luis took this chance to show off the finest, freshest fruit from his family’s vineyards in the capital region of Portugal, blending them like only he can into one jaw-dropping red masterpiece.
- This mighty, soulful red is unforgettable all on its own, but pair a glass or two with a dinner of melt-in-your-mouth lamb and mushroom risotto and sit back for the flavor fireworks!