Antonio’s Tempranillo is so delectable and unyielding, even a bolt of lightning couldn’t stop this resilient red – literally! When a bolt struck and destroyed his vineyards, Angels funded Antonio to rebuild his winery – and he’s been able to make this bold Tempranillo every year since.
With the support of Angels, Antonio’s crafted a wine where he controls for 100% of the process, from bud to bottle. Within 20 minutes of being picked, grapes are carefully crafted and treated to 100-year-old techniques passed down to Antonio from his winemaking family.
Your magnificent red’s the bold, velvety piece of heaven you didn’t know you needed. Pour a glass with herb-crusted lamb chops and let the flavors intermingle to your heart’s delight.
Scott took a step away from his 90% rated Pinot Noirs to showcase a rare Oregon red – he says the best Tempranillo in the U.S. grows in Umpqua Valley, and this 90+ rated beauty is proof.
In short, believe the hype. This powerful red gives Oregon Pinot a run for its money. It's full-bodied and flush with ripe fruit - humming with a rich and toasty finish that'll coat your tongue and fill your dreams.
Wines like this have all the care and quality of a $40 or $50 bottle of wine, but for helping Scott source grapes from select vineyard sites in the Umpqua Valley, Angels get it for just a fraction of that. Cheers!
- Ribera del Duero (prounouced ree-BEAR-ah del DWEAR-oh) is a hidden gem in the world of Spanish winemaking. It's where those in the know shop for their wines.
- This is the perfect red wine if you love rich and intense fruit flavors. And the finish? Wheewww. So round and soft.
- One of Carlos' contacts tipped him off about an amazing Spanish vineyard... and with the help of Angel funding he snapped it up - that's why this supple and smooth red is allll yours.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Ana’s deep, juicy red is BIG, complex and oozing with delicious dark fruits.
With your funding, Ana sculpted a muscular, complex red with an intense fruit finish... true to its Portuguese roots, but with a mean California twist.
Open this one up about an hour before you plan on drinking it. Spend that time preparing some thick juicy sirloin steaks and a fresh Béarnaise sauce.
If you enjoy Tempranillo, wait 'til you get a taste of this delectable Crianza (a.k.a., Tempranillo that's been aged a year in oak and a year in the bottle)... the rich red fruits, peppery spice and big, luxurious finish will leave your taste buds wanting more.
With Angel funding, Antonio harvested grapes from one of Spain's most prestigious wine regions, right on the banks of the Duero river. The stoney river soil make the vines work twice as hard, growing grapes with robust flavor.
Your scrumptious red is perfect for savory dishes like juicy rack of lamb with freshly-cracked pepper. (Don’t forget to let it breathe for a bit before sipping.) ¡Salud!
- Mouthwatering, delicate and delicious, this Spanish Tempranillo shows off full, rich berry flavors with an oh-so-smooth mouthfeel and long, lingering finish.
- Thanks to your funding, Franck can bring you a bona fide Spanish masterpiece harvested from some of his favorite vineyards in the country. Magical stuff.
- It’s the perfect scrumptious sipper for a crisp fall afternoon. As Franck says, this is “the kind of wine that you want to keep near you and keep sipping.”
- Last time it was Amador -- now Ana’s giving Tempranillo the California treatment again, this time by way of the Central Coast. For her first wine sourced from Paso Robles, Ana chose vineyards specifically for their ability to grow the kind of Tempranillo she loves.
- Your investment helped Ana get her hands on the perfect fruit for this wine. So what do you get? A fresh and full-bodied glass of goodness with flavors like blackberry and mocha gliding over a velvety mouthfeel to a smooth finish.
Pair with a hefty helping of cheese and prosciutto, roasted leg of lamb or a savory rack of ribs. Open tonight or in a few years – either way, you’ll definitely need more than one bottle.
‘Tis the season – for warm days and more barbecues than you can count. Don’t worry, we got you: Jens' Tempranillo is dreamy with BBQ ribs, charred peppers, and juicy steak.
With Angel funding, Jen was able to use fruit from two different Victoria climates – including some of the oldest Tempranillo grown – and age in oak barrels to create a Tempranillo that’s rich and full of depth.
From ripe black cherry flavors to its poppin' peppery finish, Jen's Rebel red is the perfect companion to your grill station.