Big, bold and gushing with ripe dark fruit flavors like cherry and plum, this red is a “mezcla” or mix, Coni says, with at least five different red grapes mingled together to make a full, rich wine with an oaky toastiness and a touch of spice on the long, smooth finish.
Coni blended together Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Syrah and Carignan for this special red. The grapes were harvested at different times that were just right for each varietal to bring out the best of their individual flavors for a mouthwatering medley.
Let this powerful red relax for about an hour after opening a bottle and whip up a hearty pizza with all your favorite toppings while you wait. Then call up some friends and sip the night away!
From the first whiff of vanilla to each smooth sip of sweet red fruit to the soft, persisting finish, Coni’s Syrah shows off its deliciousness at every turn. Spot the subtle, savory oak flavors that come from half the wine being aged in barrel for 9 months.
Your funding let Coni get hand-harvested grapes from top-notch 30-year-old vineyards in Chile’s central Curico Valley, where cool nights and warm days give these grapes the perfect growing conditions to bring loads of full, ripe flavors into the wine.
Coni suggests pairing this red’s smooth, refined flavors with a meal of “Arrollado de Huaso” – a traditional Chilean recipe of rolled pork. That, or sip it with some mouthwatering braised lamb or sweet and savory pork ribs. Cheers!
Rich and meaty, this luxurious red is practically a meal in itself (but please – serve it with steak).
Mauricio's nerdy for nutrients and insists that it's the soil from this Uco Valley vineyard that makes your Vista Flores Malbec so unbelievably unique. His theory holds up – it's a punchy, bold and juicy wine that stands out from the rest.
Stock up because Mauricio's Malbec is a suave, delicious treat and it will take your sizzling BBQ to the next level. Ándale!
My-oh-my, Mauricio's Cabernet is seductive – smooth and spicy, like roasted red peppers fresh off a sizzling grill. And it’s super complex, from its time aging in deluxe French oak.
Harvested fresh off an Uco Valley mountaintop in Mendoza – from a vineyard at 3,400 ft! This coveted Cabernet region makes wines *some* might call “full-bodied and complex.” Mauricio calls them deee-licious.
Vista Flores might ring a bell – it's the prestigious sub-region that brought BIG international winemakers to Argentina, like Rolland and Rothschild. You’re getting that same top-dollar flavor and winemaking expertise for a fraction of the price!
Franck’s brought you a decadent, old-vine red full of flavors like summer-ripe berries, rich cherries and exotic spices.
With Angel funding, Franck was able to harvest grapes from Spain's most underrated region... making it yours for an absolute steal!
If you love a rich Mourvèdre, sumptuous Syrah or a classic Châteauneuf-du-Pape, you will be a huge fan of this perfectly polished Spanish red.
If you enjoy Tempranillo, wait 'til you get a taste of this delectable Crianza (a.k.a., Tempranillo that's been aged a year in oak and a year in the bottle)... the rich red fruits, peppery spice and big, luxurious finish will leave your taste buds wanting more.
With Angel funding, Antonio harvested grapes from one of Spain's most prestigious wine regions, right on the banks of the Duero river. The stoney river soil make the vines work twice as hard, growing grapes with robust flavor.
Your scrumptious red is perfect for savory dishes like juicy rack of lamb with freshly-cracked pepper. (Don’t forget to let it breathe for a bit before sipping.) ¡Salud!
Zinfandel from California’s gold country, full of brambly berries and wickedly intense flavors - the kind you only find in the Wild West.
Your funding led David to the Shenandoah Valley, a hidden region in the Sierra Foothills. Thanks to high summer temps, its vineyards develop super ripe, full-bodied Zins for an incredible value for money.
Angels uncovered some pretty intense California treasure. Enjoy your spoils for less than $13 a bottle!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Angels love Luis' rich, bold red Montaria. The Reserva is Montaria's confident, gorgeous older sister - full, lush and totally tantalizing. It's a bit more grown-up, and almost intimidatingly perfect.
- The Lisbon area, once known as Estremadura, is an ancient and proven wine country with a rich history... but most Americans aren't familiar with the region's ripe, juicy wines.
- Angels support Luis so that he can make bold, daring wines like this Reserva that really take advantage of Portugal's natural strengths (Mediterranean warmth combined with a cooling Atlantic influence).
Ben’s Minervois Plus is that perfectly-polished red you want to have on hand at all times – with flickers of cherry and red fruit flavors followed by a smooth, round finish.
Harvested from the hills of Black Mountain in France’s Minervois region, Ben fermented your Reserve in concrete tanks to lock in flavor – then barrel-aged your red for an oh-so-smooth finish.
Open this red and let it breathe 1-2 hours before preparing a hearty dinner, like beef bourguignon or minestrone with some crusty bread. Mon Dieu!
- Luis blended several local varietals from the warm, coastal vineyards of Estremadura to bring you this red blend from Portugal. But it's the mindblowing richness of black cherries and chocolate that really stands out.
- Portugal is producing some of the best value, great drinking drops of red in the market at the moment, and this little beauty from the cellars of one of our favorite winemakers Luis is no exception.
- Over 44,000 Angels say this red is their favorite. Don't miss your chance to grab a bottle or two - Montaria is a cult classic that vanishes fast!
- This vintage received a Silver medal in the International Wine Challenge 2018!