WE'RE NOT SURE
He’s your 3-time Winemaker of the Year – and big, brooding, oh-so-juicy Cabernets like this are exactly why! With lush, velvety smoothness and a bounty of deeply delicious dark fruit, this is the wine you’ll be raving about for weeks to come!
Stephen’s Black Label California Cabernet is one of your most popular wines of all time – over 30,000 Angels have called this wine their favorite. With that kind of love, it’s not going away any time soon.
Stephen may have the magic touch that can turn pristine California Cabernet into certified red gold, but none of it would be possible without one incredibly crucial ingredient – YOU!
- Jean Pascal’s world-class Cab from the Andes is elegant, juicy and drenched in deep dark berry flavors, a light touch of oaky spice and delicately layered with a fine, full mouthfeel and long, lingering finish.
- Made with flawless fruit from 30-year-old vineyards growing in pristine conditions, Jean Pascal took this perfectly ripened Chilean Cabernet, then blended it with just a touch of Chile’s other hallmark varietal, Carmenere.
- Your Chilean expert prefers a hands-off approach to his winemaking, choosing instead to let this Cabernet show off just how ideal his corner of the world is for growing first-rate Cabernet you won’t be able to get enough of.
- Jean Pascal’s world-class Cab from the Andes is elegant, juicy and drenched in deep dark berry flavors, delicately layered with a light touch of oaky spice and all wrapped up in a fine, full mouthfeel and long, lingering finish.
- Starting with flawless fruit from 30-year-old vineyards growing in pristine conditions, Jean Pascal took this perfectly ripened Chilean Cabernet and blended it with just a touch of Chile’s other hallmark varietal, Carmenere for a refined red that's simply unforgettable.
- Your expert Chilean winemaker prefers a hands-off approach, choosing instead to let this Cabernet show off just how ideal his corner of the world is for growing first-rate Cabernet you just won’t be able to get enough of.
- Velvety, vibrant and verified delicious, Matt’s Napa Merlot unfolds from a luxuriously smooth texture into a bounty of rich, dark berries for a red with enough structure and depth to put much, much pricier Napa wines to shame.
- Thanks to you, Matt could get his hands on flawless fruit from a single hillside vineyard with 30-year-old vines in Atlas Peak, the famed eastern side of Napa Valley. Merlots from this very vineyard usually go for $50-70+ per bottle!
- To bring you this bright, sophisticated take on Napa Valley Merlot, Matt meticulously guided it from harvest to fermentation to special French Oak barrels and finally into the bottle with the perfect balance and flavors – all just for you!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen’s lavish old-vine Zin from the heart of Lodi is loaded with delicious dark fruit flavors, a smooth, plush texture and the kind of luxuriously long-lasting finish that Stephen’s wines are famous for.
- Wines like this are exactly why he’s your 3-time Winemaker of the Year and he’s proving it yet again with this superb Black Label Zin, specially hand-harvested from the historic Mokelumne River sub-AVA, the original home of Lodi Zinfandel.
- The truth is, when you’re a winemaker as decorated as Stephen, your wines simply don’t stay on the shelves very long at all. Make sure you grab your share of this rich red stunner, or risk waiting a whole year for the next vintage.
- Intensely fruity and flush with plump berry flavors, like taking your pick of the juiciest fruit from bushels of blackberries, cherries and plums, all topped off with a delicate touch of mocha from a year of aging in fancy French Oak barrels.
- Ana’s first vintage of this Tempranillo from the sunny hills of Paso Robles, took home a shiny Gold medal from the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. Now it’s back and more refined than ever!
- Pair a full-bodied glass of this velvety smooth show-stealer with the charcuterie of your choice, or go big with a whole savory rack of ribs. In either case, you’ll definitely need more than just one bottle.
Antonio’s Tempranillo is so delectable and unyielding, even a bolt of lightning couldn’t stop this resilient red – literally! When a bolt struck and destroyed his vineyards, Angels funded Antonio to rebuild his winery – and he’s been able to make this bold Tempranillo every year since.
With the support of Angels, Antonio’s crafted a wine where he controls for 100% of the process, from bud to bottle. Within 20 minutes of being picked, grapes are carefully crafted and treated to 100-year-old techniques passed down to Antonio from his winemaking family.
Your magnificent red’s the bold, velvety piece of heaven you didn’t know you needed. Pour a glass with herb-crusted lamb chops and let the flavors intermingle to your heart’s delight.
Dark, intense, and singing with flavor, this is a Malbec you'll want on put on repeat.
With your funding, Mauricio made a Malbec from one of his own vineyards in Uco Valley – and it was no small feat because Los Árboles stands tall at 4100 feet! Its rocky terrain makes grapes grow sturdy and strong – that's where all the concentrated flavors come from, too.
This is one of the most requested wines on the site, and from a rockstar like Mauricio, it'll move fast – grab a few before it's gone for good!
- This mighty red is a Malbec lover’s must-have, swimming in dangerously delicious dark fruit, like a bite of ripe, brambly berries, all wrapped up in a slippery-smooth texture and oh-so-long and luscious finish.
- Sourced from a single high-end vineyard on the Washington side of the esteemed Walla Walla Valley, the grapes for your Malbec grew just a few rows over from grapes that go in to $70 bottles of wine.
- Dave’s your unmatched wizard of Washington wine – he knew just where to find a Malbec this massive and how to bring it to you for an absolute fraction of the price!
- Rodolfo puts a lot of effort into his winemaking, especially his Gran Reservas. These are effectively his crown jewels, and he protects, nurtures and lavishes them with love.
- In Rioja, they don’t allow any old wine to be called Gran Reserva. Some of the strictest wine rules in the world ensure its consistent quality. Only a select list of grapes can go into it. The grapes have to be high quality, and the wine aged for a minimum period to earn the Gran Reserva classification.
- Rodolfo's top drop has been aged in wood for years, you know it the moment you smell its smoky vanilla nose. But when the wine hits your tongue it's all about the powerful, black cherry and raspberry fruits and the long lingering finish.