WE'RE NOT SURE
- The rich black cherry, chocolate and berry flavors in this Shiraz are insane. Sam credits Forest Hut – a spectacular dry-farmed Shiraz vineyard that thrives in the blazing heat of Australia to grow tiny but mighty grapes.
- With your funding, Sam could take his time barrel aging this Pyrenees red in a combo of toasted French, American and Hungarian Oak. Each barrel imparts different flavors and really adds complexity!
- But let's get back to the good stuff – the deliciousness factor is high on this single-vineyard, lovingly-crafted red, and your winemaker is so pleased. "I don't know how to get this across in a formal tasting note," Sam says, "but I think this wine is AWESOME!"
WE'RE NOT SURE
A former Argentina Winemaker of the Year made you a supple red from the trendiest region in Mendoza – Gualtallary. This Uco Valley sub-appellation is a booming area for high-end, sophisticated wines with Old World style and finesse.
José pulled out all the stops, carefully blending fruit-rich Malbec and Cab with a hint of Cab Franc for added richness. He encouraged a long-lasting, velvety-smooth finish, too – by aging your blend in toasty French Oak barrels.
Savor an award-winning glass with roasted lamb or charred steak coated in chimichurri – one Argentine classic deserves another!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Sam’s show-stealing Australian Shiraz is ripe and peppery, with more spicy-sweet appeal than the sauciest Napoletana pizza – and a signature savory aroma that’s like wafting in freshly-crisped breakfast bacon. Mmmm…
With Angel funding, Sam hit three different vineyards for balanced fruit flavor. With his tight-knit cellar crew, he used small-batch winemaking methods to elevate the sumptuous layers for this red – aging the wine in both new and seasoned oak for the final, decadent touch.
Sam could only make so many barrels of this Shiraz, making the bottles that are out there rare treasures. Scoop up your share before the number of bottles dwindles down to a big, fat emu egg.
- Smooth, sumptuous Pinot Noir from one of the most expensive wine-growing regions in California. And it's bursting with bold flavors like cherries, dark berries and creamy, elegant texture.
- Sta. Rita is cool and breezy, where grapes hang on the vine longer to pick up dark, concentrated flavors. Jacqueline walked the vineyard to hand-pick the very best fruit for this premium Pinot.
- Your funding gives your winemaker the chance to perfect this Pinot year after year! And the quality is unreal. Open and let it breathe a bit, then enjoy it with a juicy burger (even better if you’ve got fries).
- Rare, barrel-aged Reserve Cabernet grown in the heart of Rutherford – the Napa sub-appellation that grows some of the most expensive Cab on Earth.
- ...and thanks to Ken, it's yours for a song. You'll love everything about this classic Napa red – it's toasty, luxuriously smooth and popping with tart black cherries and rich oak spices, wrapped up in a pillowy-soft finish.
- Ken has more 90 point scores from Robert Parker than he can count, but his proudest moments have been making wine for you. Grab this champion Cab while it lasts!
- Perfectly balanced, classic and complex, Derek’s deeply delicious red drips with deep, dark fruit flavors and a swirl of spice all elegantly wrapped up in a silky-smooth mouthfeel and a full, long, lingering finish.
- When it comes to Pinot Noir, Derek says, “the quality of the grapes is of the utmost importance as it is such a transparent variety.” So with your help, he sourced grapes from a single vineyard deep in the coolest corner of Anderson Valley just 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean, where the conditions are picture-perfect for otherworldly Pinot.
- Wines from these grapes usually sell for north of $40 a bottle, but for helping Derek get his hands on some of the best Pinot around, you get this refined red for a fraction of that!
- This Pinot from the elite Dundee Hills subregion of Oregon Pinot country explodes with rich and elegantly earthy flavors of dark cherry, and just a touch of leather and spice. Picture a bite of warm mixed berry pie just melting in your mouth, with a long, lingering, oh-so-satisfying finish.
- “Thanks to Angel support I was able to source fruit from the most prestigious vineyards in Oregon,” Chris says. “Other wines from these vineyards are extremely limited and sell for over $100 per bottle. Angel support has miraculously made this wine available and for 1/5th or 1/6th of the cost.”
- With grapes that hard to come by, Chris could only make so much of this Dundee Hills treasure. Your winemaker’s word to the wise: “Once the news of the 2018 vintage gets out the wines will go fast.”
WE'RE NOT SURE
Antonio’s Tempranillo is so delectable and unyielding, even a bolt of lightning couldn’t stop this resilient red – literally! When a bolt struck and destroyed his vineyards, Angels funded Antonio to rebuild his winery – and he’s been able to make this bold Tempranillo every year since.
With the support of Angels, Antonio’s crafted a wine where he controls for 100% of the process, from bud to bottle. Within 20 minutes of being picked, grapes are carefully crafted and treated to 100-year-old techniques passed down to Antonio from his winemaking family.
Your magnificent red’s the bold, velvety piece of heaven you didn’t know you needed. Pour a glass with herb-crusted lamb chops and let the flavors intermingle to your heart’s delight.
- This refined red is deep, dark and delicious from start to finish with a juicy texture and lush, ripe dark fruit flavors, plus just a hint of savory pepper on a full finish that lasts and lasts and lasts. Thirsty yet?
- Chris sourced this premium Pinot from a pair of top vineyards in the exclusive Yamhill-Carlton corner of the Willamette Valley, where conditions are perfect for growing intense, otherworldly Pinot Noir.
- Angels voted Chris their first-ever Rookie of the Year last year, and wines like this are exactly why! He takes Angel support and turns it into world-class wine treasures like this pristine Pinot.
- Your fan-favorite, full-powered Pinot Noir from the "Napa Valley of the South." Just shy of L.A., Sta. Rita is famous for its gorgeous cool climate wines that sell for $50+ a bottle.
- Matt made a voluptuous Pinot, harvesting celebrity fruit from two celebrity vineyards and aging the juice in seasoned French oak barrels – for a full year!
- This is a top-shelf wine that YOU fund from scratch – be proud. One of California's most expensive wines is yours for a bargain!