- Aussies call this Shiraz the perfect 'winter warmer.' It's full of cinnamon, mocha and LOADS of rich, robust flavor.
Adam harvested this Shiraz from exceptionally old vineyards in the Ebenezer and Kalimna sub-regions of Barossa Valley – swear we didn't make those majestic names up! They're the real names of South Australia's magical wine kingdom.
This decadent red was meant for a bowl of steaming-hot braised beef with mushrooms - bonus points if you cook with a few drops of the wine!
- Layer-upon-layer of fresh citrus fruit, with a smooth blast of buttery oak streaking through – this wine is the perfect balance of richness and vibrant fruit!
- The simple truth every Chardonnay fan needs to know is that South Africa can make this stunning white for a song. Land, labor and production costs are just much lower in South Africa – even with a hand-harvested Reserve wine like this one.
- And thanks to Angel funding, Stephen can pass those savings on to you. So now you can have a classy Reserve Chardonnay that's such a bargain, you won't feel guilty pairing it with some deliciously down-to-earth fried chicken.
This elegant dessert red is full of indulgent flavors - like jammy berries, red cherries, a touch of spice... and that lingering bit of caramel that Port does best.
Claudia and Oscar let this red spend eighteen months on oak before aging in bottle to capture all the rich, decadent flavor that makes this LBV (Late Bottled Vintage) Port a must-have for creamy cheeses or a slice of chocolate cake.
There will be plenty of moments during the next few months for you to treat yourself with something special... and this 5 year lovingly-aged Port is it!
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's really outdone himself with this organically-grown red, packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits and a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab some slow-roasted pork (make sure the crackling is nice and crispy), a bit of rich mashed potatoes, and several bottles of this.
- Oh-so-elegant Pinot Noir from Willamette – the cool-climate Oregon Valley that's become a worldwide obsession (for delicious reason!)
- Scott selected dry-farmed vineyards for your Pinot - less water means every grape fills with incredibly concentrated flavors. Raspberries, cherries, toasty barrel-aged flavors... they're all inside.
- You give a Pinot expert the freedom to make the wine he loves - so you get a 90% rated wine for an incredible price to match (you don't see wines like this in the market for anything less than $40 a pop!)
- A vibrant Brut bubbly made with Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, Wayne treated this sparkling to the same process as Champagne and aged on the yeast for 18 months – the result is a total flavor explosion.
- Wayne's bubbles are the bomb. He was the head winemaker for Chandon in California (as in Moet & Chandon!) so he has a sparkling reputation for making luxury wines.
- ...not to mention, it's the perfect party starter. Every party should start with a toast, and now you can afford to make A LOT of speeches.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Angels made the most impeccable sparkling Rosé possible - Cremant de Limoux – for 40% less. If that isn't triomphe... what is?!
- You sent Francoise – a Limoux expert – to make a fresh pink sparkler from four different grapes, including rare Mauzac - which gives this luminous bubbly its juicy fruit flavors. It's just so elegant!
- And Limoux is the perfect alternative to a Champagne. "You pay less for better quality," Francoise says with a smirk. We're ok with this French rivalry – especially at $14.99!
- Elegant and oh-so-silky, this blend of sumptuous Merlot and Cabernet is a fine French wine - with a POP of fruit you'll love.
- With your funding, Jonathan traveled to the north tip of Bordeaux – a region called the Médoc – where the sandy gravel and chalky clay soils make grapes grow up strong, concentrated and hearty. That gives this wine its characteristic oomph!
- Only a couple hundred cases were made – collect a bottle while you can!
- Stephen calls this Chenin "pure and racy," and we'd have to agree! It's a perfect step up from Pinot Grigio for folks looking for a bit of extra aroma, body and spice.
- A multiple-award winning wine in South Africa, we're stoked to add this to Stephen's Naked range and we're confident you won't find a Chenin of this quality for less anywhere else.
- This Angel-favorite white is seriously delectable on its own, but if you're looking for a snack... you can't go wrong with a plate of Camembert cheese!
- ‘Repasse’ is an old winemaking technique that introduces freshly harvested grape skins into year-old wine. The process of adding (or "repassing") new fruit introduces vibrancy and flavor to this already rich and juicy red.
- Ben's brand-new wine for Angels is sourced in the southern Languedoc-Roussillon, harvested from the highest mountain vineyard in Caramany.
- Grab a bottle of this mountaintop red and appease your inner chef with a veggie-filled bowl of rustic Ratatouille – courtesy of Ben's food blogging, France-loving wife!