From the plump, jammy flavors to the chocolate-smooth textures… Evangelos made you a Cab that’s pure indulgence.
Gathering sun-ripened grapes from two different Lodi vineyards, Evangelos fermented this Cab with care to preserve its deep color and then aged it on top of premium French oak to add layers of soft spice and velvety textures.
Up your lunch game and sip this silky red with a smoked turkey or tri-tip sandwich from your favorite deli. (Your taste buds’ll thank you.)
The last vintage received a Silver at this year’s San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition... you fund a champion, Angels!
- Stefano di Blasi is the talented winemaker who made Solaia and Tignanello – two of the most iconic (and expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- And YOUR Angel funding lets him work with an old Sangiovese vineyard that produces a tiny amount of super-concentrated grapes that gives this red its power and finesse.
- Stefano says, "Chianti is an elegant easy-drinking tradition of Italy. So if you want to leave the experience of drinking and eating just like an Italian would do, this is the wine!"
Imagine a serene, wooded clearing – a few birds chirping, sunlight dancing on the tops of wild berries. Ahhh...that coziness is what Karen’s rich, sumptuous Malbec is. This silky-smooth red with dark berry notes and smoky undertones will bring you back to the simple life.
Your support allowed Karen to give your Malbec the works – adding a pinch of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Petite Sirah for complexity, and aging your red in French oak to add loads of character.
Pour a glass of this red before you put a rack of ribs on the grill – each time you brush ‘em with BBQ sauce, take a sip of your Malbec and experience how the flavors open up. Truly magical!
Making a memorable, decadent red is Camille’s thing – and this luxurious Cab Franc proves no different. It’s flowing with layers of bold red fruits, soft rustic spices and a long, smooth finish.
With Angel support, Camille harvested premium grapes from one of Napa’s oldest farms near Carneros – the ranch still has cattle and horses roaming the grounds. (Camille is constantly checking the gates are locked so the animals don't wander off!)
Your winemaker suggests a glass of this sumptuous Cab Franc with a bowl of fresh berries and rich whipped cream...ahhh, yes. Heaven.
The last vintage won Silver at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition… you fund a superstar, Angels!
When Camille first arrived to California wine country almost 20 years ago, cult Napa Cabs was her calling. And people would get in line to pay $150+ for wines like hers...but you can sip this luxuriously dreamy red for less than a quarter of that price!
Camille gathered grapes from the most exclusive region in Napa, using precise production techniques and first-class French oak aging to amplify the wine’s rich characteristics.
A sophisticated Cab like this deserves to be sipped alongside a rich, slow-cooked meal or a premium cut of steak. Bon appetit!
Last year's vintage stole an impressive Gold at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition... so you definitely don't want to pass this vintage up!
- Dave's fruit-rich Cab is loaded with classic flavors that get more intense with every slurp. He usually recommends a fish pairing with each of his wines, but even this Washington fisherman knows - this powerful red is made for steak.
- With your funding, he snatched up fruit from a well-respected property in Columbia Valley – rated one of the Top 20 vineyards in the whole of Washington! Wines from this vineyard typically go for twice this price or higher.
- Your winemaker says, "It's a great vintage, with supple, ripe flavors. I may not get this deal again, so open and drink today!"
This generous, silky and a-smidge-spicy Poggio di Guardia is made from grapes grown atop the tallest hills in Tuscany!
Stefano selects every grape by hand – to make sure every berry is ripe and just right. The result is a top-shelf Italian blend that rivals the best Super Tuscans. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more...
If you have the patience to wait then let this beauty rest until the end of 2019. Stefano says it will show at its best from that point on, and will only improve with age for decades to come.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is red is a Marchesi signature: Super-dark, extracted yet elegant, with lush flavors like juicy ripe blackberries and a hefty, velvety texture. Yes, please!
- David blended luxurious Zinfandel from Sonoma Valley with rich Cab from the northern county line, using vineyards with "open canopies that shine dappled light on grape clusters" – aside from sounding beautiful, diffused sunlight helps extra ripening!
- He's a Sonoma expert that's made $80 reds for prestigious Wine Country names like Duckhorn and Cakebread. But you fund him to make wines that are all his own – and that's earned you this special Angel price.
Ben’s Minervois Plus is that perfectly-polished red you want to have on hand at all times – with flickers of cherry and red fruit flavors followed by a smooth, round finish.
Harvested from the hills of Black Mountain in France’s Minervois region, Ben fermented your Reserve in concrete tanks to lock in flavor – then barrel-aged your red for an oh-so-smooth finish.
Open this red and let it breathe 1-2 hours before preparing a hearty dinner, like beef bourguignon or minestrone with some crusty bread. Mon Dieu!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Thousands of Angels are in love with this Malbec – and it’s easy to see (and taste) why! This dark and smooth red from Evangelos will dazzle you with rustic aromas and flavors like wild berries and rich mocha.
California Malbec is pretty rare, because it’s primarily known as a blending grape. But this ravenous red has been on a steady rise...and Evangelos knows where to harvest grapes with the juiciest, most robust flavor for your sultry red.
For the perfect food pairing, Evangelos recommends a glass of your Malbec when chowing down on some lasagna or pulled pork (he suggests giving it a few minutes to breathe and open up so the flavors really sing with the food).