With each fresh and fruity sip, taste raspberries and cherries blending with spicy oak flavors and hints vanilla, chocolate, spice and rosemary, capped off by a smooth, lingering finish.
With your help, Irene picked out vineyards growing mainly in the Curico Valley, in the central part of Chile. The valley’s Mediterranean climate makes for ideal Cabernet Sauvignon growing conditions, bringing out all of the grapes’ best flavors.
Irene says to take your time and let this wine breathe a bit before sitting down for a laid-back meal of thick, juicy steak or sweet, savory barbecue. Make your next meal a tasting tour of Chilean wine country – cheers!
Big, bold and gushing with ripe dark fruit flavors like cherry and plum, this red is a “mezcla” or mix, Coni says, with at least five different red grapes mingled together to make a full, rich wine with an oaky toastiness and a touch of spice on the long, smooth finish.
Coni blended together Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Syrah and Carignan for this special red. The grapes were harvested at different times that were just right for each varietal to bring out the best of their individual flavors for a mouthwatering medley.
Let this powerful red relax for about an hour after opening a bottle and whip up a hearty pizza with all your favorite toppings while you wait. Then call up some friends and sip the night away!
Complex, fresh and fruity with a touch of toasty oak coursing through it, Stephen’s smooth reserve red is a mouthwatering mingling of Syrah, Merlot, Zinfandel and Petit Verdot that ends softly with a long, full finish.
Chosen specially from certified sustainable vineyards in Lodi, the grapes in Stephen’s blend are some of the best around, and he even aged the wine in oak for a bit to make their flavors shine even brighter.
Sip this one on arrival, paired up with a hearty stew and a mix of cheeses to taste through. Stephen also suggests aging this red for 2-3 years if you want to bring out the full depth of its flavors… that is, if you can wait!
- A plush, smooth and jammy Zinfandel, full of bright red fruit and a spicy kick.
- Stephen's a Zin Master, and this is a killer example of what he can do with Angel funding. BIG Lodi flavor. Tiny price.
- Light spices and herbs can wreak havoc on some wines but Zin loves everything from rosemary to curry. Go crazy with the spice rack and pop open a bottle of this daring red that makes no food a stranger.
This is a stick-to-your-ribs Petite Sirah from a winemaker with a pristine reputation for predicting the “next big thing…” like this cool-climate mega-red from Suisun and Mendocino.
His name is Rudy von Strasser – he’s the founder of Napa’s prestigious Diamond Mountain AVA. His historic Napa winery and tasting room just got bought out, so he needs to find a new way to show the world his wines...
Enter Alex & Ryan – two Naked HQ winemakers in charge of sniffing out unique wine opportunities. With your funding, they swooped up a new incredible wine! “We passed all those beautiful vineyards and thought, we gotta do this,” says Ryan. You’ve gotta taste it!
- It's 5 Bordeaux wines in one – with a backbone of rich Cabernet from California's Lake County (aka Napa North). Top-tier Lodi Merlot adds supple spice and juicy fruits, like black cherries and plum. Cab Franc and Petit Verdot make it robust and inky – and the Malbec smooths out every sip.
- ... and it's made with one-of-a-kind California flair, thanks to DH – your Angel-funded winemaker who loves world-class fruit as much as a world-class deal. With your support, he called on his connections to haul in the best fruit in the state!
- Cali's climate gives this traditional blend a crazy amount of oomph – it's not the French wine you know. It's more rebellious, more robust... and it's gonna be great with steak frites.
From the first whiff of vanilla to each smooth sip of sweet red fruit to the soft, persisting finish, Coni’s Syrah shows off its deliciousness at every turn. Spot the subtle, savory oak flavors that come from half the wine being aged in barrel for 9 months.
Your funding let Coni get hand-harvested grapes from top-notch 30-year-old vineyards in Chile’s central Curico Valley, where cool nights and warm days give these grapes the perfect growing conditions to bring loads of full, ripe flavors into the wine.
Coni suggests pairing this red’s smooth, refined flavors with a meal of “Arrollado de Huaso” – a traditional Chilean recipe of rolled pork. That, or sip it with some mouthwatering braised lamb or sweet and savory pork ribs. Cheers!
- David’s California Zinfandel starts off with whiffs of raspberry and blueberry before spicy chocolate takes the lead and hooks you in for a sip, and another, and another...
- Concentrated grapes from primo Zinfandel vineyards sprinkled across Northern and Central California, and David’s chops as a pro Napa winemaker, make this red seriously sippable and savory.
- Drink right away or hold onto it a few months to carve out the flavors a little more. Whenever you’re ready, pair it up with hearty pizza or your favorite pasta and enjoy!
- My oh my. With endless layers of jammy boysenberries, blueberries, ripe plums, creamy vanilla and milk chocolate, Sharon’s red is elegant and dramatic all in one go. Don’t be surprised if it makes you plop into an armchair, palm over forehead, and squeak out a little sigh.
- With your funding, Sharon snagged premium Central Coast grapes – Paso Robles Zinfandel, rich Merlot, bold Syrah and robust Petite Sirah – all for a killer price.
- This is the perfect dress-up-or-down red. Pair it with anything from smoky BBQ ribs to pan-seared filet to artisan pizza – it won’t disappoint.
- Classic Cabernet that swings in with a wallop of berries, juicy dark plums, ripe cherries and toasty, tummy-warming spices.
- A potent blend of top-quality Cab from Lodi and Clarksburg – two standout regions in California's Central Valley. The vines developed full, lush grapes bursting with flavor – making David's latest Cab the richest, most sumptuous yet.
- This Cabernet just screams for a sizzling slab of beef - you can turn a simple piece of meat into a carnivore's fine dining dream.