- ‘Repasse’ is an old winemaking technique that introduces freshly harvested grape skins into year-old wine. The process of adding (or "repassing") new fruit introduces vibrancy and flavor to this already rich and juicy red.
- Ben's brand-new wine for Angels is sourced in the southern Languedoc-Roussillon, harvested from the highest mountain vineyard in Caramany.
- Grab a bottle of this mountaintop red and appease your inner chef with a veggie-filled bowl of rustic Ratatouille – courtesy of Ben's food blogging, France-loving wife!
- Your Reserve Cab is overflowing with bold, power-packed flavors like plummy red fruits, brambly wildberries, rich dark chocolate - and silky-soft textures, thanks to 1 year in oak barrels.
- Coni harvested grapes from the Maule Valley, a region nestled against the Andes - where sun-soaked days and chilly nights let grapes develop juicy, robust flavor.
- This red begs for a sizzling steak. Let it open up and breathe while you pull together a marinade - then give yourself a nice, well-earned pour by the time you start to grill. You're an instant pro.
- Exuberantly fruity yet crisp and refreshing, let Bill and Claudia show you why Marlborough is THE place for Sauvignon Blanc.
- Seven years ago, Angel funding allowed the Smalls to break the chains of corporate winemaking and make wines where they knew they could do everything right – so that you get remarkable value, even in world-famous regions like Marlborough!
- Oysters, clams, mussels... it's hard to think of any shellfish that wouldn't taste like a million bucks with a nice chilled glass of this fresh 'n' zingy Sauv!
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's really outdone himself with this organically-grown red, packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits and a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab some slow-roasted pork (make sure the crackling is nice and crispy), a bit of rich mashed potatoes, and several bottles of this.
- Picpoul de Pinet is an incredibly rare grape native to one part of the south of France (Pinet, in fact). And it's blessed with a natural crispness that makes it a perfectly clean, refreshing white.
- Ben uses his Angel funding to get exclusive parcels of grapes from his favorite viticulturist high up in the Mediterranean hillside, making your fruity, refreshingly crisp white. The kind that's picked up trophies at the Sud de France Top 100!
- This is a quintessential seafood wine that'll impress everyone at the table – doubly so if you can pronounce the fancy French name (hint: peek-pool de peen eh).
- This is a 2018 International Wine Challenge award-winning wine! And rightfully so...
- Your luscious, richly textured, oh-so-smooth red is back! And it's flowing with soft, juicy fruit flavors like sun-ripened cherries and earthy spices... just the sort of scrumptious sipper you'd expect from a 30-year wine expert!
- A bottle with this much finesse should sell for double... but when you fund winemakers directly, it's a whole 'nother story! And David gave your Pinot the works...
- "This is a classic Pinot that doesn't need other varietals blended into it for intensity," he says. "It's got a silky textural feel with a nice, long finish." Better listen to your winemaker!
WE'RE NOT SURE
This full, robust Malbec is jammed with juicy dark fruits like black cherries, ripe plums and endless lush textures. It’s no wonder your winemaker was Argentina’s former Winemaker of the Year!
Jose harvested premium grapes from his family's Uco Valley vineyards to craft you this expressive Malbec – aging the wine in French oak to illuminate rich, velvety characteristics.
A decadent and authentic Argentine Malbec like this just screams for a juicy, sizzling steak drizzled with zesty chimichurri.
- Full of soft-smelling flowers and juicy apples and pears, it’s possible this sparkling will transport you to a garden terrace overlooking the countryside. Heaven... We’re in Italian heaven.
- Paolo's passion for making wine is rooted in three generations of family winemaking – and with his vineyard smack-dab in the heart of Valdobbiadene, the region's epicenter for making Prosecco, this spumante is as real as it gets (thanks to our Angels, it's also a bargain price!).
- This is a star on its own (the last vintage sold out QUICK), but also dreamy with prosciutto and cheese. Or, do as the Italians do, enjoy it with a creamy dessert.
Ben’s ripe and sophisticated Minervois is the effortlessly-exquisite French red you need to experience for yourself!
You can find wines at this level at fancy brasseries in Paris (or bouchons in Lyon) – but your support for Ben lets you get your hands on this scrumptious red for less than double digits.
Ben’s a tenured, self-made winemaker who followed his passion to master the art of making scrumptious wines. You’ve made this vigneron’s dreams come true – time to drink in your reward.
Ben’s Minervois Plus is that perfectly-polished red you want to have on hand at all times – with flickers of cherry and red fruit flavors followed by a smooth, round finish.
Harvested from the hills of Black Mountain in France’s Minervois region, Ben fermented your Reserve in concrete tanks to lock in flavor – then barrel-aged your red for an oh-so-smooth finish.
Open this red and let it breathe 1-2 hours before preparing a hearty dinner, like beef bourguignon or minestrone with some crusty bread. Mon Dieu!