- This mouthwatering Chenin Blanc will make it obvious why South Africa has become the world's #1 producer of this zesty grape variety. Carmen says, "South African Chenin Blanc over delivers on all levels."
- Carmen used her Angel funding to make the quintessential South African Chenin where every sip is like biting into a juicy green apple.
- Imagine a big simmering bowlful of creamy mussels and a rich butter sauce and a glass of this delight between every bite. Yum!
Pinotage is a daring cross between Pinot Noir and Cinsaut and it’s somehow even bolder than both! It’s rarely found anywhere else in the world, making it a South African celebrity — now’s your chance to see what all the fuss is about.
With the help of your father-son duo, the very first Angel Pinotage has arrived. This deliciously dark grape was harvested from Stellenbosch in South Africa’s Western Cape where this intense and complex grape grows best.
If you love a bold barbecue-friendly red, this one-of-a-kind Pinotage will be your new favorite backyard wine.
This crisp white wine is a smooth and easy-sipping South African refresher swimming in refined tropical flavors of juicy guava with a silky smoothness. We suggest you keep a bottle in your fridge 24/7.
Chenin Blanc is easily South Africa’s most famous grape, and thanks to your funding, Stephen and his son Jamie were able to source exquisite fruit to bring you this stunning example of their homeland’s most-loved white wine.
This Angel-favorite Chenin is seriously delectable on its own, but if you're looking for a snack... you can't go wrong with a plate of Camembert cheese!
- This bold, ripe Reserve Cabernet is filled with refined dark fruit flavors and a velvety-smooth texture – if you love Stephen's Arabella Cab... it gets even better!
- Stephen's been making wines for Angels since wayyy back in the beginning. His unparalleled experience has made his South African Cabernet Sauvignon one of the most popular Angel-funded wines of all time.
- With a little more funding from Angels, Stephen was joined by his son Jamie in the winery to create this premium vintage of Angels' favorite South African Cab. It's effortlessly ripe and robust... and then some!
- Think of Lionel Richie, circa mid-eighties, all decked out in his best plum crushed velvet suit. Add a bit of Barry White on top, and you BEGIN to get close to how smooth and enticing this red is.
- You gave this famous South African father-son winemaking duo access to all the hand-harvested Shiraz (aka Syrah) their hearts desired and helped them barrel-age for 9 months for a smoky streak of oak.
- This plush Shiraz has smooth-talked its way to become one of the highest-rated reds on the site — find out what Angels everywhere are raving about!
- This sultry red is a Reserve-level specialty from father-son winemaking team Stephen and Jamie de Wet, loaded with savory dark berry flavors, backed by a touch of peppery spice and a refined, easy-drinking finish.
- Your funding helped Stephen perfect this dream duo of dazzling varietals. Starting with mostly Shiraz (aka Syrah), Stephen geniusely topped off the blend with just a dash of Viognier to get the final flavors just right.
- You haven’t lived until you’ve paired a Shiraz Viognier this delectable with a juicy, mouthwatering cut of steak. Bring home a bottle and find out what you’re missing!
- Layer-upon-layer of fresh citrus fruit, with a smooth blast of buttery oak streaking through – this wine is the perfect balance of richness and vibrant fruit.
- The simple truth every Chardonnay fan needs to know is that South Africa can make this stunning white for an incredible price. Land, labor and production costs are much lower – even with a hand-harvested Reserve wine like this one.
- And thanks to Angel funding, Stephen can pass those savings on to you. So now you can have a classy Reserve Chardonnay that's such a bargain, you won't feel guilty pairing it with some deliciously down-to-earth fried chicken.
- If there's one place where Angel funding goes the furthest, it's South Africa. Super-talented Stephen de Wet hasn't let us down with his superb award-winning Sauvignon.
- Dive into a fruit bowl of troipcal fruits like kiwi and passion fruit. It's a crisp crowd-pleasing Angel favorite – one sip and you’ll know why.
- If you're cracking out the smoked salmon or paying homage to a bit of shellfish, this is your bottle.
- This light, crisp white is a must-try for lovers of fruit-forward Chardonnay – with bright flavors like just-picked apples and pears, balanced perfectly through a long-lasting finish.
- South African specialist Johan Kruger sourced this Chardonnay from a low-yielding older vineyard in the Western Cape region and skipped the barrel aging to let the complex fruit flavors shine their brightest.
- Johan’s a Stellenbosch expert and with your support, he can get dibs on the region’s most sought-after grapes and turn them into wines that show off South Africa’s best side.
With a bounty of citrus fruit flavors like green apples and pears and a seriously crisp, refreshing finish — it's a charmer.
Thanks to Angel funding, Johan discovered a very unique and exciting vineyard in Nieuwoudtville, located in the Northern Cape province. He said it was one of the most amazing vineyard trips he's taken and the wine is sure to reflect this!
This luscious Sauvignon Blanc is one of a kind and a single vineyard offering, so volumes are limited — and at under $10, you'll want a taste while it lasts!