- For a jammy, juicy Italian-inspired red by way of the West Coast, look no further than this smooth Barbera from the one and only Karen Birmingham – your reigning Winemaker of the Year!
- Karen sourced this primo Barbera from a single Lodi vineyard and gave it the most TLC possible, tasting the wine every day during fermentation to make sure each and every complex layer of flavor shines through juuuust right.
- A robust and velvety Italian red like Barbera is a wine that’s just begging to be paired with hearty meals like savory pizza fresh out of the oven or a heaping plate of pasta sprinkled with parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
- This big, Reserve-level Barbera is full of brooding, deeply concentrated dark fruit flavors that lead into a long, luxurious finish.
- Barbera is a first-rate classic red over in Italy, but in Northern California? Not so much. With your support, Karen got the the best of the vintage from Lodi — and she’s ready to give Italy a run for its money!
- This is a really limited production of a special wine. If you get your hands on a bottle, Karen asks for you to be patient and wait until at least winter to enjoy this truly decadent red.