WE'RE NOT SURE
Complex, fresh and fruity with a touch of toasty oak coursing through it, Stephen’s easy-drinking red is a rich ride that ends softly with a long, full finish.
Stephen chose the best grapes from certified sustainable vineyards for this red, and a little oak aging makes their flavors shine even brighter.
Pair it up with a hearty stew and a few cheeses, OR try aging this red for 2-3 years to bring out the full depth of flavors… if you can wait!
- Macario worked with his growers to harvest these grapes nice and early to give you a smooth, easy-drinking red that's loaded with bold, juicy berries and a nice long finish.
- Macario uses unusual grape combinations like velvety Merlot and inky Petite Sirah – grapes that grow very well in California, but don't have the reputation and cost of other more widely-known grapes. So you get this flavor-packed blend for a great price!
- This blend's got amazing versatility – and you just can't say that about any red wine. The silky, sumptuous layers make this wine shine with anything... from appetizers to ribeyes!
- This "inky" (get it?) red blend pulsates with power and deep, dark fruits – you'll obsess over it long after the last drop is gone.
- David didn't want to bombard you with crazy rich flavors – so he lightened this Teroldego and Tannat blend up with Petite Sirah. PS is one of the biggest reds around, so that should give you a clue about how INTENSE this is.
- Teroldego, Tannat and Petite Sirah aren't mainstream – these grapes are daring, rare and a bit counter-culture. Sounds a lot like YOU! Thanks for giving David the freedom to show them off. And drink it up while it lasts!
Luis lives and works in Portugal’s world-famous Alentejo region (“Lente” for short) and wines like this come straight from his beautiful estate – what’s more, as your most popular Portuguese winemaker ever, he’s got the magic touch to keep making one craveable crowdpleaser after another.
Now your champion of Portuguese reds is debuting a new barrel-aged red – and it’s the Reserva you’ve been waiting for! Montaria Reserva Lente is dripping with lush, luxurious fruit and humming with an impeccable savoriness, plus a silky smooth texture that glides into a wonderfully lingering finish.
With your support, Luis made this heavenly blend using three tongue-twisting grapes: Trincadeira for a soft, oh-so-smooth mouthfeel, Aragonez (aka Tempranillo) for its trademark savoriness, and Alicante Boushet for that full, fresh, mouth-filling fruitiness. A little aging in fancy French oak barrels and voilà – Portuguese perfection!
A former Argentina Winemaker of the Year made you a supple red from the trendiest region in Mendoza – Gualtallary. This Uco Valley sub-appellation is a booming area for high-end, sophisticated wines with Old World style and finesse.
José pulled out all the stops, carefully blending fruit-rich Malbec and Cab with a hint of Cab Franc for added richness. He encouraged a long-lasting, velvety-smooth finish, too – by aging your blend in toasty French Oak barrels.
Savor an award-winning glass with roasted lamb or charred steak coated in chimichurri – one Argentine classic deserves another!
- Stephen's top-rated red is back – and it's full of big, juicy flavors like ripe raspberries, blackberries and a nice long finish.
- Gathering seven Calaveras County varietals, Stephen used small-production winemaking techniques and barrel aging to bring you your oh-so-easy-drinking red.
- Your red blend is one of Stephen's favorites to sip with cozy, hearty dishes as the leaves start to fall. "I'm thinking beans, sausages and a rich sauce would make a perfect pairing."
WE'RE NOT SURE
- It's 5 Bordeaux wines in one – with a backbone of rich Cabernet from California's Lake County (aka Napa North). Top-tier Lodi Merlot adds supple spice and juicy fruits, like black cherries and plum. Cab Franc and Petit Verdot make it robust and inky – and the Malbec smooths out every sip.
- ... and it's made with one-of-a-kind California flair, thanks to DH – your Angel-funded winemaker who loves world-class fruit as much as a world-class deal. With your support, he called on his connections to haul in the best fruit in the state!
- Cali's climate gives this traditional blend a crazy amount of oomph – it's not the French wine you know. It's more rebellious, more robust... and it's gonna be great with steak frites.
- Hissteria lets Sharon shine at the very top of her blending game with a sumptuous mix of Petite Sirah, Syrah, Merlot, Zinfandel, Tempranillo that overflows with big berry flavors and a kick of spice that's downright irresistible.
- Your funding gave this SoCal savant a first-class pass to fruit from her favorite small vineyards in Paso Robles. Then to top it off, you helped her get ahold of some fancy French oak barrels to delicately age each portion of the blend in.
- ...What does that mean for YOU? A rich and vibrant red that's full-bodied and fresh, like a swig of smooth cherry cola. Get a bottle fast – soon your fellow Angels will be on the prowl!
Ondine’s refined Russian River red is an elegant ensemble of Syrah, Petite Sirah, and Grenache, humming with heavenly black fruit flavors that bloom with a rich, full texture and long, endlessly savory finish.
In Russian River Valley, a region known more for its Pinots and Chardonnays, red blends like this are few and far between, Ondine says. “These are not wines that are found in supermarkets, they are not in the mainstream, they are rare. This scarcity alone makes the wine a great find for Angels...”
Pop the cork as soon as it hits your doorstep, or put a bottle or two aside for up to a few years to bring out more subtle, earthy flavors. Sip this world-class red by a roaring fire in winter, or enjoy it on a sunny deck in summer – “It’s a wine for all seasons,” Ondine says.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Powerful, ripe flavors of blackberry and plum pulse over traces of toasty oak in this delectable red blend from Jen, with a luxuriously long finish to hold you over until the next sip.
Jen was inspired to make you this big red by the classic Australian blend of Cabernet Sauvignon with Shiraz (aka Syrah). So she blended together some quality Cab and Shiraz from some premium regions in Victoria, down in south-eastern Australia. As Jen puts it, “It’s a match made in...Australia!”
Pop this red open, get the grill out and get cooking! Jen enjoys this with some slow-cooked ox tail and a red wine stew, or she suggests smoking a barbecue brisket while you let this big blend breathe for a few hours after opening it. Cheers!