- Stefano di Blasi is the talented winemaker who made Solaia and Tignanello – two of the most iconic (and expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- Stefano's Angel funding allowed him to work with an old Sangiovese vineyard that produces a tiny amount of super-concentrated grapes - this flavor-saturated red screams for a bowl of Carbonara...
- This Chianti Classico will directly transport you into a balmy Tuscan evening - a wonderful tang of cherry fruit with a rustic, earthy finish... this red is sophisticated, refined oh-so-delicious, and exclusive to the Angels who make it possible.
- Stefano's authentic Italian red is part of a new generation of wines made in Tuscany - ripe, rustic, and ready to open.
- Instead of making a traditional Chianti, Stefano blended in some world-class grape varieties like Syrah and Merlot to give this wine more punch (a trick he also uses when making his hundred dollar Super Tuscans).
- You can say a lot of wine is good with pizza – but this Italian red is 100% destined for a thick, piping-hot slice loaded with gooey mozzarella and absurd amounts of sausage. Sip, chomp, sip, repeat.
Your Poggio di Guardia come from one of the highest vineyards in Tuscany, next to the Chianti Classico region.
These grapes are all selected by hand - no one berry is wrong. The result is a deep purple-red wine, with spicy black pepper, licorice, mint and blueberry flavors. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more!
If you have the patience to wait then I would leave this wine until the end of 2017. The wine will start to show at its best from this point on, and it will only improve with age for decades to come!