Luis lives and works in Portugal’s world-famous Alentejo region (“Lente” for short) and wines like this come straight from his beautiful estate – what’s more, as your most popular Portuguese winemaker ever, he’s got the magic touch to keep making one craveable crowdpleaser after another.
Now your champion of Portuguese reds is debuting a new barrel-aged red – and it’s the Reserva you’ve been waiting for! Montaria Reserva Lente is dripping with lush, luxurious fruit and humming with an impeccable savoriness, plus a silky smooth texture that glides into a wonderfully lingering finish.
With your support, Luis made this heavenly blend using three tongue-twisting grapes: Trincadeira for a soft, oh-so-smooth mouthfeel, Aragonez (aka Tempranillo) for its trademark savoriness, and Alicante Boushet for that full, fresh, mouth-filling fruitiness. A little aging in fancy French oak barrels and voilà – Portuguese perfection!
- Rich and juicy, Xisto drips with delicious dark cherry and plump blackberry flavors gliding on a fine, full texture that lasts and lasts.
- “Xisto” means “shale” in Portuguese, making this wine a savory shoutout to the Douro Valley’s soils and the pair of vineyards where the Quevedos sourced these pristine grapes. The shale soil reduces the yields per vine, which gives your winemakers more concentrated grapes with deeper layers of flavor.
- Because the Quevedos own most of the vineyards they source from, they’re able to handpick the grapes for wines like this lush red, make the wine in their own winery and bring it to Angels for a fraction of normal Douro prices.
- Angels love rich, bold red Montaria. The exclusive Reserva Capital is Montaria leveled up - full, lush and totally tantalizing. Luis – dare we say – made Portuguese perfection!
- Portugal is producing some of the best value top-shelf reds out there right now, and this little beauty shows off high-class fruit from his own vineyards in Portugal's capital region, where the crème de la crème of the country's grapes are grown.
- Angels support Luis so that he can make bold, daring wines like this Reserva Capital that really take advantage of Portugal's natural strengths (Mediterranean warmth combined with a cooling Atlantic influence).
WE'RE NOT SURE
Big and bursting with ripe red fruit that unfolds with a round, full texture and lingers on a smooth, silky, oh-so-satisfying finish.
Luis is your go-to expert when it comes to the Alentejo region in southern Portugal – he’s made one Angel-favorite wine after another, with no end in sight!
Luis masterfully blended three grapes for this heavenly red: Trincadeira, Aragonez and Alicante Boushet. They’re tongue-twisters to pronounce, but they make up for it with loads of lip-smacking flavor!
- Don’t sweat it if you can’t pronounce the grape trio of Rabigato, Gouveio and Viosinho – the only word you need is ‘Yum!’
- Those are some pretty exotic grapes, and they give this wine a whole mix of tropical flavors like pear and passionfruit, with even a hint of lemon bouncing around in the background. One more time – Yum!
- In Portugal’s Douro Valley, established vines produce way fewer grapes than in most other wine regions (that’s what makes for ultra-concentrated flavors!) – meaning whites like this often sell out before you know it. Get yours early or risk waiting until the next vintage...
- Luis’s red Montaria is one of your most popular and highest-rated wines ever – now it comes in white! Bursting with bright, tingly citrus and tropical flavors, like back-to-back bites of orange, pineapple and even some juicy peach that mingle perfectly with a long, long finish.
- Luis concocted this genius Montaria White with Fernão Pires and Arinto, two of Portugal’s most top-notch white grapes, straight from Lisbon, the country’s famed capital region.
- With over 100,000 Angels on his side, Luis can go from making surefire favorites like his red Montaria and dare to make you something completely fresh and new. One or two sips of his premiere Montaria White and you’ll have a new Portuguese favorite!
- We love to age Port in cask. It just tastes great when aged for several years. This 10 Year Old Tawny is a blend of few oak casks we have in our cellar, from different harvests. My sister Claudia picked one by one and crafted an amber-colored Port that will delight everyone.
- A special thank you to my Archangels who have been tireless helping me to spread the word about my wines. Without them I'm sure this Port wouldn't be here.
- Tawny Port is the cask aged version of Port. It develops a nutty character due to the aging for five years in oak. This is a classic Port with plenty of complexity and elegance.
Oscar, your Angel-funded winemaker
This elegant dessert red is full of indulgent flavors - like jammy berries, red cherries, a touch of spice... and that lingering bit of caramel that Port does best.
Claudia and Oscar let this red spend eighteen months on oak before aging in bottle to capture all the rich, decadent flavor that makes this LBV (Late Bottled Vintage) Port a must-have for creamy cheeses or a slice of chocolate cake.
There will be plenty of moments during the next few months for you to treat yourself with something special... and this 5 year lovingly-aged Port is it!
- There will be plenty of moments during the next months for you to treat yourself with something special... and this 5 year lovingly aged Port is it!
- Oscar says: "I love LBV Port with the rich and buttery sheep cheese produced in the Serra da Estrela Mountain. The dark chocolate my wife buys at a local Chocolataria is also a great pairing."
- Every sip is smooth and enchanting, full of ripe strawberry, raspberry, and a decadent caramel finish Port does best. It's the ultimate holiday treat! Treat yourself now - thank yourself later.