WE'RE NOT SURE
- Carmen's zippy, fruity white oozes with mouth-watering flavors like juicy grapefruits and limes. This is a crisp, lip-smackingly juicy Sauv – from your very first Winemaker of the Year!
- Winemakers don't come much more talented and passionate than Carmen. She's worked her magic on a premium, pure and pristine South African Sauv - and it's divine.
- Enjoy a nice chilled glass when you're cozied up inside with a crackling fire going and the smell of an apple pie in the oven. It doesn't get more perfect than that!
- Think of Lionel Richie, circa mid-eighties, all decked out in his best plum-crushed velvet suit. Add a bit of Barry White on top, and you BEGIN to get close to how smooth and enticing this red is.
- Your first sensation is one of deep rich blueberry that gives way to a mixture of plum, edged with a smoky streak of oak - all of which lasts ages with each mouthful. You'll be almost too in love with this wine.
- Open the bottle, show a frying pan a steak, briefly, then combine. Say this in your very best Barry White voice: Oooooh yeaaaaaah.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen’s jammy red is a non-stop crowd-pleaser brimming with succulent fruit. With ripe plums, rich berries and a silky, soft finish, there’s no wonder this Cab is such an all-out Angel favorite.
- This is one of your most cherished Cabernets of all time. Over 50,000 Angels have tasted Stephen's easy-drinking, decadent red - you can bet it sells out quick!
- Sip away on this juicy, flamboyant red while slathering homemade chimichurri over a sizzling, char-grilled strip steak – be sure to save some fries for mopping up those rich, delicious juices too.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This rich and creamy South African Cabernet is full-bodied with a fruity surprise in the center, just like a decadent cherry cordial.
- With your support, your first annual Winemaker of the Year harvested Cab from three different vineyards in the Paarl and Wellington wine regions – hand-picking, hand-sorting and individually fermenting each lot to bring you the best flavors possible.
- Carmen makes a mean creamy mushroom risotto. Her secret ingredients – fried sage and goat cheese – are the perfect match for this robust red. She's willing to share the recipe if you ask!
- Carmen’s latest Chenin Blanc is clean, refreshing and flush with a bounty of bright fruit, like a helping of fresh pears and apples from a farmer’s market stand.
- Thanks to your support, Carmen could source impeccable fruit from old, old vineyards in South Africa and she carefully blended grapes that were harvested at varying ripeness for a complex, oh-so-craveable take on South Africa’s signature white grape.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks to bring out the fullest, freshest fruit flavors and a lush, textured mouthfeel, this Chenin is smooth and crisp, with a citrus backbone and finish so long and lingering, you have to taste it to believe it.
- Layer-upon-layer of fresh citrus fruit, with a smooth blast of buttery oak streaking through – this wine is the perfect balance of richness and vibrant fruit!
- The simple truth every Chardonnay fan needs to know is that South Africa can make this stunning white for a song. Land, labor and production costs are just much lower in South Africa – even with a hand-harvested Reserve wine like this one.
- And thanks to Angel funding, Stephen can pass those savings on to you. So now you can have a classy Reserve Chardonnay that's such a bargain, you won't feel guilty pairing it with some deliciously down-to-earth fried chicken.
- If there's one place where Angel funding goes the furthest, it's South Africa. Super-talented Stephen de Wet hasn't let us down with his superb Sauvignon.
- Expect a mouthful of perfectly crisp apples, with a squeeze of juicy white peaches. It's a total crowd-pleasing Angel favorite – one sip and you’ll know why.
- If you're cracking out the smoked salmon or paying homage to a bit of shellfish, this is your bottle.
- Stephen calls this Chenin "pure and racy," and we'd have to agree! It's a perfect step up from Pinot Grigio for folks looking for a bit of extra aroma, body and spice.
- A multiple-award winning wine in South Africa, we're stoked to add this to Stephen's Naked range and we're confident you won't find a Chenin of this quality for less anywhere else.
- This Angel-favorite white is seriously delectable on its own, but if you're looking for a snack... you can't go wrong with a plate of Camembert cheese!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- From the smoky oak to the intense blackberry, pepper and dark fruit vibes, Carmen's pure South African Shiraz is an all-out crowd pleaser.
- With your support, Carmen was able to harvest grapes from three distinct Shiraz vineyards in the Swartland region of South Africa. She fermented each block separately before she made the final blend - to capture all bold berry flavors she could muster!
- Shiraz is the kind of wine that can stand up to BIG flavors, so you can bust this one out with everything from your favorite 12” pepperoni, to a fiery Indian curry.