- Eponina was Wayne’s first Angel-funded sparkling wine ever – now it’s returning and more elegant than ever, with delicate layers of fruity finesse and oh-so-fine bubbles you won’t be able to resist!
- Wayne knows a thing or two about sparkling. Before he came to work for you, he was head winemaker for the American branch of THE Moët Chandon, making some of the most famous sparkling wines in the world. Now he’s using all his expertise just for you!
- With your funding, Wayne sourced pristine grapes from a cool-climate corner of California’s Central Valley to bring you a delicate, perfectly balanced sparkling white brimming with bright fruit flavors and sporting a wonderfully smooth, silky texture.
- Irene’s champion Chilean red is a master class in deep, dark, intensely fruity flavors, meticulously mingled with sweet spices and a sublimely smooth texture from oak barrel aging.
- Thanks to your support, Irene could source this world-class Carmenere from a single vineyard in Peumo, a tiny village with a BIG reputation as one of the most primo spots for the varietal in all of Chile.
- These pristine grapes grow on a postcard-perfect sunny hillside where they get juuuust the right conditions to ripen slowly, giving your wine the fullest, freshest flavors imaginable.
- When Ben came to us with the wild idea to use a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we were blown away.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- The result? Ben has taken reds from the fancy Languedoc region of France to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark, dreamy and oh-so-delicious.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen’s Black Label Calaveras Zin is dark, brooding and positively dripping in rich, ripe berry flavors and layered with a subtle, savory pinch of spice. For the very best of the California foothills, look no further!
- With your funding behind him, Stephen carefully combed through every corner of Calaveras for the fruit in this red, blending pristine Zin from gnarly head-trained vines on sunny slopes with perfectly ripened grapes that grew among towering forests.
- Working with the most deeply delicious fruit he could get his hands on, Stephen somehow managed to improve on the impeccable vintages before this one to bring you an unmatched and unforgettably lavish Black Label Zin.
- Perfectly balanced between savory, soul-warming dark berry flavors and a touch of spice, this rich, robust red is packed with power and a long velvety finish that carries you away with tastes of fresh mint and raspberry.
- Mauricio used top-tier Syrah grapes from a high-elevation vineyard in famous Uco Valley, Mendoza, where the vineyards are designed to bring you about 1 bottle per vine.
- After carefully blending this special Syrah, Mauricio gave it a year of aging in French and American oak to bring out that extra touch of complexity and unforgettable finesse.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This sweet, golden treasure smacks of mouthwatering apricot and honey with a creamy texture that carries on for ages. It's wonderfully sweet but also elegantly balanced by a bit of aging in fancy French Oak and even a little Russian Oak!
- Leave a little out in a glass and taste how the flavors change as the wine warms up – get the whole range in a single glass, going from the sweeter fruit and honey flavors to a more savory nutmeg character and even a tiny touch of smoky deliciousness.
- Pair with your favorite bleu cheese to cut through a bit of the sweetness, and remember, the fun thing about sweeter wines is they tend to stay delicious practically forever after you open them. One last thing: Sam has something to admit – “I love this wine!”
- Eponina was Wayne’s first Angel-funded sparkling wine – now for the first time in this wine, he’s turning up the pink!
- Made with a delicate balance of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, this rose gold Rosé dazzles with delicious dollops of bright fruit flavors like pear and strawberry, all gliding along on a soft silky palate and oh-so-fine bubbles perfected by 10 months in bottle.
- For his first Eponina Rosé, Wayne used your support to source fruit from River Junction AVA, a cool pocket of California’s Central Valley that’s picture-perfect for growing grapes worthy of the highest spot on the shelf.
- Ripe, rich and irresistible, Macario’s Tempranillo is a Spanish classic by way of California. Lush berry flavors and Tempranillo’s trademark savoriness glide with a smooth, full texture for a fruity, fine, flawless red.
- According to Macario, the secret to this red’s deliciousness comes down to three things: “Lodi, Lodi, Lodi... It’s the climate that most mimics what the vineyards of Spain have been doing with Tempranillo,” Macario says.
- With nice warm days, cool evenings and little or no fog to speak of, Lodi is THE spot for growing this Spanish red to ripe perfection. Macario’s expertise in Spanish varietals makes him your go-to winemaker for glorious reds like this.
- Fresh and sippable with a zingy punch and elegant texture, this crisp single-vineyard white packs lush tropical fruit flavors and the kind of bright zip that makes New Zealand white wines such classics.
- Your favorite New Zealand winemaking family, the Parishes, blended together 75% Sauvignon Blanc and 25% Pinot Gris to craft this first-ever specialty white with grapes carefully selected for the perfect ripeness from the family’s very own Dunnolly Vineyard in North Canterbury.
- Angel funding gave the Parishes the creative freedom to make this white wonder exactly the way they wanted from their own grapes. Wines like this are one-of-a-kind treasures that would never even exist without you!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- You'll slurp up this Reserve instantly – Rod's five vineyard Sauv Blanc blend is full of vibrant passionfruit and citrus flavors that keep you refreshed and thirsty for more.
- With Marlborough stealing most of the limelight for Sauv Blanc, Hawke's Bay's best vineyard parcels are available to winemakers like Rod for a smidgen of the price. That means you get overwhelming fruit quality for money. THAT's something to toast to.
- This is a special Reserve bottling - there's not a lot to go around. Plus Rod says this wine is best to enjoy when it's nice and young... so hop to it!