WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stefano di Blasi is the talented winemaker who made Solaia and Tignanello – two of the most iconic (and expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- And YOUR Angel funding lets him work with an old Sangiovese vineyard that produces a tiny amount of super-concentrated grapes that gives this red its power and finesse.
- Stefano says, "Chianti is an elegant easy-drinking tradition of Italy. So if you want to leave the experience of drinking and eating just like an Italian would do, this is the wine!"
- Great wine takes time – and thanks to your funding, Dave could spend months finessing this wild Washington Malbec into the kind of rich red Angels grapple over.
- Harvested from supreme vineyards in the heart of Columbia Valley, this red was oh-so-slowly fermented, carefully blended, an aged in hand-selected oak barrels. The result? An intensely fruity Malbec that's supple, silky and complex.
- Anywhere else, this barrel-aged Malbec would go for $20 easy. But your investment in Dave gives you the inside track on a world-class wine for a killer price!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen blended hand-harvested Old Vine Zinfandel grapes for your decadent red. These old vines - some 80+ years old! - grow fewer grapes but have more developed, concentrated flavor.
- "My goal was to make a very rich, full-bodied Zinfandel with oak nuance, and Angels let me do exactly that," Stephen says. Wines like this one usually sell for a minimum of $35 and up!
- This small-lot Zin is packed with character. "I love this with braised short ribs and buttermilk mashed potatoes," says your winemaker. "Perfect for chilly weather."
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stephen’s smooth, top-shelf Cab is loaded with seductive dark fruits, a touch of spice and velvety soft textures.
There’s a reason Stephen’s your most popular winemaker – he knows how to pick ‘em...literally. Harvesting premium grapes from the woodsy Sierra Foothills and sun-filled Lodi, he then aged your Cab in oak for supple textures and flavor.
Sip this Cab alongside some ribs dripping in BBQ sauce, a pasta salad and some fresh greens for full-on relaxation.
Dark, intense, and singing with flavor, this is a Malbec you'll want on put on repeat.
With your funding, Mauricio made a Malbec from one of his own vineyards in Uco Valley – and it was no small feat because Los Árboles stands tall at 4100 feet! Its rocky terrain makes grapes grow sturdy and strong – that's where all the concentrated flavors come from, too.
This is one of the most requested wines on the site, and from a rockstar like Mauricio, it'll move fast – grab a few before it's gone for good!
Elegant and rich but still bouncing with bright fruit, there's just something about Russian River Valley Pinot. "It has both subtlety and strength!" Ondine says.
Russian River is a tiny Sonoma AVA of Pinot paradise. With ever-changing levels of sun and fog ("some days it's wisps of fog... other days, blankets!" Ondine says) its grapes ripen supremely and delicately over time – a signature of the region that makes this Pinot truly delicious (and truly unique).
A typical bottle from these vineyards – made by a specialist like Ondine – sells for $30+ easy. Your $19 Angel savings is a thank you – and a testament to the wines only possible with customer support.
Bold, pure, ripe Reserve Cabernet that’s filled with luscious dark fruit and plums notes – if you love Stephen's Arabella Cab... it gets even better!
Stephen has been making wines for Angels since wayyy back in the beginning. His unparalleled experience has made his South African Cabernet Sauvignon the most popular wine on our site.
With a little more funding from Angels, Stephen created this premium vintage of his fan-favorite Cab. Effortlessly ripe and robust... and then some!
Big, ripe, juicy jolts of plush blackberry and plum practically glide across your palette with each sip of Dave’s heavenly California Cab.
Dave really outdid himself (and then some!) with this gloriously rich, refined Cab that drinks like it should have a MUCH heftier price tag. But at Angel prices, it’s an absolute steal!
Dave combed through all of California to find the most premium grapes from the very best vineyards he could get his hands on – and boy can we taste it!
Scott took a step away from his 90% rated Pinot Noirs to showcase a rare Oregon red – he says the best Tempranillo in the U.S. grows in Umpqua Valley, and this 90+ rated beauty is proof.
In short, believe the hype. This powerful red gives Oregon Pinot a run for its money. It's full-bodied and flush with ripe fruit - humming with a rich and toasty finish that'll coat your tongue and fill your dreams.
Wines like this have all the care and quality of a $40 or $50 bottle of wine, but for helping Scott source grapes from select vineyard sites in the Umpqua Valley, Angels get it for just a fraction of that. Cheers!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Your single-vineyard Zinfandel, made with grapes from one of Lodi's top vineyards, is bursting with robust flavor – like juicy raspberries, cherries, toasty spices and a smooth finish.
With Angel funding, Evangelos was able to harvest fruit from one of the best vineyards in the region and apply premium production processes to bring you this flavor-packed red. The 2017 vintage of this red even took home a Gold medal from the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition – now it's finally back!
Pour a large glass of this Zin while you pop a pizza in the oven and see how the flavors open up once it comes time to slicing your pie!