- When Ben came to us with the wild idea to use a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we were blown away.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- The result? Ben has taken reds from the fancy Languedoc region of France to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark, dreamy and oh-so-delicious.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Sit back and let Ben’s rich, juicy and oh-so-scrumptious red carry you away on a stream of full, fresh fruit flavors that glide over an endlessly smooth, lingering texture. There’s no place like Rhone!
- Thanks to your support, Ben had his choice of vineyards straight from France’s famous Rhone Valley, where some of the best Syrah and Grenache in the world grows. Your Rhone expert blended these red grapes to perfection for a seamlessly smooth and delicious delight – exclusively for you!
- There’s Côtes du Rhône – then there’s Côtes du Rhône Plus! To put that extra bit of finesse on this already refined red, Ben aged it for 8 months in barrels and coaxed out every ounce of elegance.
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's really outdone himself with this organically-grown red, packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits and a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab some slow-roasted pork (make sure the crackling is nice and crispy), a bit of rich mashed potatoes, and several bottles of this.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Easy-drinking, elegant Pinot – with Burgundian style and powerful flavor. And it's an absolutely crazy bargain for Angels!
- This is ONLY possible because Angels believed in Ben Darnault and his crazy dream of making refined Pinot in a region where nobody dares... the sunny south of France.
- You can taste the warm, Mediterranean sunshine. And for less than $10 a bottle, you can afford to drink fine Pinot any day of the week!
- Maury is a little corner of France famous for its sweet, fortified wines – but winemakers like Ben know how to take the ideal grapes from the region's old vines and make some mind-bogglingly delicious reds.
- When Ben got the opportunity to get a parcel of these precious grapes, he jumped on it.
- Rich, vibrant and juicy like the land the grapes are grown from. This wine will knock your socks off!
- A rich Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache and drop of Mourvedre – that's what makes it a classic French red! It's juicy and fun, like catching blackberries on your tongue.
- With your support, Ben harvested old vine grapes along the ridges of Roussillon – halfway between the coast and the Spanish border. It's top-shelf fruit. Anyone else in the world would pay double!
- To make the most of this blend, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking – give this wine a little time to breathe, and oof. C'est fantastique.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Having worked in the Rhône Valley for years, Ben knows some really top-notch grape growers. He'd always dreamed of making a world-class Côtes du Rhône, and he needed Angels to help to back the project.
- Back in 2011, thousands of Angels voted and crowned him the UK Winemaker of the Year. That prize money (and his expertise) started the phenomenon that is this deep, ripe red!
- Perfumed, silky smooth and dangerously easy to drink – your crowd-pleasing wonder is perfect for drinking right now.
Ben’s ripe and sophisticated Minervois is the effortlessly-exquisite French red you need to experience for yourself!
You can find wines at this level at fancy brasseries in Paris (or bouchons in Lyon) – but your support for Ben lets you get your hands on this scrumptious red for less than double digits.
Ben’s a tenured, self-made winemaker who followed his passion to master the art of making scrumptious wines. You’ve made this vigneron’s dreams come true – time to drink in your reward.
Ben’s Minervois Plus is that perfectly-polished red you want to have on hand at all times – with flickers of cherry and red fruit flavors followed by a smooth, round finish.
Harvested from the hills of Black Mountain in France’s Minervois region, Ben fermented your Reserve in concrete tanks to lock in flavor – then barrel-aged your red for an oh-so-smooth finish.
Open this red and let it breathe 1-2 hours before preparing a hearty dinner, like beef bourguignon or minestrone with some crusty bread. Mon Dieu!