This generous, silky and a-smidge-spicy Poggio di Guardia is made from grapes grown atop the tallest hills in Tuscany!
Stefano selects every grape by hand – to make sure every berry is ripe and just right. The result is a top-shelf Italian blend that rivals the best Super Tuscans. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more...
If you have the patience to wait then let this beauty rest until the end of 2019. Stefano says it will show at its best from that point on, and will only improve with age for decades to come.
- Stefano's luscious Toscana is a new kind of Italian powerhouse red. With your help, Stefano started with the kind of big, bold red the Tuscan region is famous for, then gave it a silky smoothness that’s almost too easy to sip.
- You gave Stefano the chance to redefine what powerfully fruity Italian reds could be, so he brought together high-end Sangiovese from the hills of Tuscany and artfully blended it with juicy Merlot and sultry Syrah from coastal vineyards to bring you this reinvented Italian classic for a song!
- It's true, a lot of wine goes great with pizza – but this Toscana was practically made for a fresh-from-the-oven slice topped with crumbled sausage, olives and gooey mozzarella cheese. Sip, chomp, sip, repeat. It's the most luxurious Friday night you'll ever have.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stefano's rich red blend gushes with lush fruit flavors, like biting into a perfectly ripe, juicy plum on a hot summer's day. With a mouthwatering smoothness and elegant, long-lasting finish, this is one Italian masterpiece you don't want to miss.
- Angel funding has opened all kinds of doors for Stefano, letting him make wines he could only dream about before. With that freedom, Stefano blended intense Nero d’Avola, Sicily’s famous traditional red grape, with pristine Syrah to bring you the kind of wine that’s only possible thanks to you!
- The picture-perfect Mediterranean climate of Sicily lets these grapes ripen in the best way possible, preserving every ounce of luscious flavor along the way. Stefano says, impeccable wines like this from Sicily “are powerful and warm just like the people here.”