WE'RE NOT SURE
Stephen’s smooth, top-shelf Cab is loaded with seductive dark fruits, a touch of spice and velvety soft textures.
There’s a reason Stephen’s your most popular winemaker – he knows how to pick ‘em...literally. Harvesting premium grapes from the woodsy Sierra Foothills and sun-filled Lodi, he then aged your Cab in oak for supple textures and flavor.
Sip this Cab alongside some ribs dripping in BBQ sauce, a pasta salad and some fresh greens for full-on relaxation.
- Harvested from 30, 50 - even 100-year-old vines - grown in the heart of Calaveras County. You don't find a lot of these Zins around!
- Stephen says: "This wine has really good color and body, and a nice Calaveras perfume that the old-vines contribute. I think this is the best Calaveras Zin I've made so far Naked Wines."
- Dig a knife into some creamy aged cheese - slather a chunk on top of a warm slice of French bread, and have plenty of this flavor-packed red nearby. Bliss.
- Stephen blended hand-harvested Old Vine Zinfandel grapes for your decadent red. These old vines - some 80+ years old! - grow fewer grapes but have more developed, concentrated flavor.
- "My goal was to make a very rich, full-bodied Zinfandel with oak nuance, and Angels let me do exactly that," Stephen says. Wines like this one usually sell for a minimum of $35 and up!
- This small-lot Zin is packed with character. "I love this with braised short ribs and buttermilk mashed potatoes," says your winemaker. "Perfect for chilly weather."
- Stephen's 95%-rated red is back – and it's full of big, juicy flavors like ripe raspberries, blackberries and a nice long finish.
- Gathering seven Calaveras County varietals, Stephen used small-production winemaking techniques and barrel aging to bring you your oh-so-easy-drinking red.
- Your red blend is one of Stephen's favorites to sip with cozy, hearty dishes as the leaves start to fall. "I'm thinking beans, sausages and a rich sauce would make a perfect pairing."
Stephen's Petite has heavenly flavors of bold, dark fruits with hints of creaminess – like a steaming-hot berry pie just out of the oven... ahhhh. Can't get any better.
The warm, dry vineyards of Lodi soak up so much sun that grapes are able to develop full, robust flavor – which, thanks to your support, Stephen was able to craft into this juicy red.
Your champion winemaker loves sippin’ on this red alongside savory foods like BBQ ribs or eggplant parmesan. (He picks the eggplant right from his garden! Impressive..most impressive.)
- Stephen's dangerously drinkable Shiraz hails from a single-vineyard Lodi estate that grows oodles of dark and juicy fruit.
- If you've never heard of Lodi, you have to check it out. This region is just a little off the beaten path, but it's producing sensational wines at very un-Californian prices.
- You'll open this when you just want to relax in the afternoon. Stick your nose in a glass and breathe in deep. This exotic, berry-packed red smells better than any perfume.
- The ultimate lazy Sunday Zin! Stephen's comforting, juicy red will make you feel like kickin' back, no matter where you are.
- With your support, this Winemaker of the Year could make a champion red – by aging batches of grapes in specialty small oak barrels and tanks, blending each lot carefully to bring you the BEST flavors possible.
- Your Angel-funded winemaker has a great pairing suggestion, too: "Lately I've been grilling grass feed beef over an oak fire. I've taken to putting a whole corn cob right on the grill too. As the corn cooks its kernels release a little sugar that makes the most amazing caramel flavors. Delicious!"
- A plush, smooth and jammy Zinfandel, full of bright red fruit and a spicy kick.
- Stephen's a Zin Master, and this is a killer example of what he can do with Angel funding. BIG Lodi flavor. Tiny price.
- Light spices and herbs can wreak havoc on some wines but Zin loves everything from rosemary to curry. Go crazy with the spice rack and pop open a bottle of this daring red that makes no food a stranger.