- Stephen brings you this classic California Cabernet with a delicious dive into dark berries and cherries leading into a long, complex finish.
- Thanks to Angel funding, your 3-time Winemaker of the Year was able to personally select a single estate vineyard in Lodi with the best grapes possible for bringing out this Cabernet’s fullest colors and flavors – just for you!
- This luscious red can easily hold its own against other California Cabernets, at a value hard (impossible?) to beat. Stephen plans to sip it with a grilled bone-in rib-eye on the side – he suggests you do the same!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Stephen’s smooth, top-shelf Cab is loaded with seductive dark fruits, a touch of spice and velvety soft textures.
There’s a reason Stephen’s your most popular winemaker – he knows how to pick ‘em...literally. Harvesting premium grapes from the woodsy Sierra Foothills and sun-filled Lodi, he then aged your Cab in oak for supple textures and flavor.
Sip this Cab alongside some ribs dripping in BBQ sauce, a pasta salad and some fresh greens for full-on relaxation.
- Stephen blended hand-harvested Old Vine Zinfandel grapes for your decadent red. These old vines - some 80+ years old! - grow fewer grapes but have more developed, concentrated flavor.
- "My goal was to make a very rich, full-bodied Zinfandel with oak nuance, and Angels let me do exactly that," Stephen says. Wines like this one usually sell for a minimum of $35 and up!
- This small-lot Zin is packed with character. "I love this with braised short ribs and buttermilk mashed potatoes," says your winemaker. "Perfect for chilly weather."
- Velvety smooth and chock-full of thick dark cherry flavors, Stephen’s Merlot is a wildly captivating red – and at just $10 a pop, it won’t hang around for long...
- Thanks to a remarkable growing season, Stephen was able to leave the grapes on the vines a little longer than usual, allowing them to develop BIG concentrated flavors.
- This is the kind of meaty red wine you want to guzzle while tucking into homemade pizzas. Whether you’re going with spicy Italian sausage, or salt-laced anchovies, it’s gotta be a slice in one hand, Stephen’s Merlot in the other.
- Stephen's 95%-rated red is back – and it's full of big, juicy flavors like ripe raspberries, blackberries and a nice long finish.
- Gathering seven Calaveras County varietals, Stephen used small-production winemaking techniques and barrel aging to bring you your oh-so-easy-drinking red.
- Your red blend is one of Stephen's favorites to sip with cozy, hearty dishes as the leaves start to fall. "I'm thinking beans, sausages and a rich sauce would make a perfect pairing."
- The ultimate lazy Sunday Zin! Stephen's comforting, juicy red will make you feel like kickin' back, no matter where you are.
- With your support, this Winemaker of the Year could make a champion red – by aging batches of grapes in specialty small oak barrels and tanks, blending each lot carefully to bring you the BEST flavors possible.
- Your Angel-funded winemaker has a great pairing suggestion, too: "Lately I've been grilling grass feed beef over an oak fire. I've taken to putting a whole corn cob right on the grill too. As the corn cooks its kernels release a little sugar that makes the most amazing caramel flavors. Delicious!"
Stephen's Petite has heavenly flavors of bold, dark fruits with hints of creaminess – like a steaming-hot berry pie just out of the oven... ahhhh. Can't get any better.
The warm, dry vineyards of Lodi soak up so much sun that grapes are able to develop full, robust flavor – which, thanks to your support, Stephen was able to craft into this juicy red.
Your champion winemaker loves sippin’ on this red alongside savory foods like BBQ ribs or eggplant parmesan. (He picks the eggplant right from his garden! Impressive..most impressive.)
- Stephen's dangerously drinkable Shiraz hails from a single-vineyard Lodi estate that grows oodles of dark and juicy fruit.
- If you've never heard of Lodi, you have to check it out. This region is just a little off the beaten path, but it's producing sensational wines at very un-Californian prices.
- You'll open this when you just want to relax in the afternoon. Stick your nose in a glass and breathe in deep. This exotic, berry-packed red smells better than any perfume.
- A plush, smooth and jammy Zinfandel, full of bright red fruit and a spicy kick.
- Stephen's a Zin Master, and this is a killer example of what he can do with Angel funding. BIG Lodi flavor. Tiny price.
- Light spices and herbs can wreak havoc on some wines but Zin loves everything from rosemary to curry. Go crazy with the spice rack and pop open a bottle of this daring red that makes no food a stranger.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Rich, robust and chocolatey-smooth, this is a *very* special single-vineyard project from your #1 winemaker of 2019. And his first Tempranillo on the site!
Fresh off his Winemaker of the Year win, Stephen triumphantly headed to the Sierras, where he harvested grapes from Hay Station Ranch – a former way station for horses back in the Gold Rush days that powered the Wells Fargo stagecoach line.
Now, Stephen’s harvesting a different kind of gold out of the Foothills… and it’s all thanks to you. Get in early, though – just 500 cases exist!