- It's 5 Bordeaux wines in one – with a backbone of rich Cabernet from California's Lake County (aka Napa North). Top-tier Lodi Merlot adds supple spice and juicy fruits, like black cherries and plum. Cab Franc and Petit Verdot make it robust and inky – and the Malbec smooths out every sip.
- ... and it's made with one-of-a-kind California flair, thanks to DH – your Angel-funded winemaker who loves world-class fruit as much as a world-class deal. With your support, he called on his connections to haul in the best fruit in the state!
- Cali's climate gives this traditional blend a crazy amount of oomph – it's not the French wine you know. It's more rebellious, more robust... and it's gonna be great with steak frites.
- A plush, smooth and jammy Zinfandel, full of bright red fruit and a spicy kick.
- Stephen's a Zin Master, and this is a killer example of what he can do with Angel funding. BIG Lodi flavor. Tiny price.
- Light spices and herbs can wreak havoc on some wines but Zin loves everything from rosemary to curry. Go crazy with the spice rack and pop open a bottle of this daring red that makes no food a stranger.
Complex, fresh and fruity with a touch of toasty oak coursing through it, Stephen’s smooth reserve red is a mouthwatering mingling of Syrah, Merlot, Zinfandel and Petit Verdot that ends softly with a long, full finish.
Chosen specially from certified sustainable vineyards in Lodi, the grapes in Stephen’s blend are some of the best around, and he even aged the wine in oak for a bit to make their flavors shine even brighter.
Sip this one on arrival, paired up with a hearty stew and a mix of cheeses to taste through. Stephen also suggests aging this red for 2-3 years if you want to bring out the full depth of its flavors… that is, if you can wait!
- David’s California Zinfandel starts off with whiffs of raspberry and blueberry before spicy chocolate takes the lead and hooks you in for a sip, and another, and another...
- Concentrated grapes from primo Zinfandel vineyards sprinkled across Northern and Central California, and David’s chops as a pro Napa winemaker, make this red seriously sippable and savory.
- Drink right away or hold onto it a few months to carve out the flavors a little more. Whenever you’re ready, pair it up with hearty pizza or your favorite pasta and enjoy!
Powerful, ripe flavors of blackberry and plum pulse over traces of toasty oak in this delectable red blend from Jen, with a luxuriously long finish to hold you over until the next sip.
Jen was inspired to make you this big red by the classic Australian blend of Cabernet Sauvignon with Shiraz (aka Syrah). So she blended together some quality Cab and Shiraz from some premium regions in Victoria, down in south-eastern Australia. As Jen puts it, “It’s a match made in...Australia!”
Pop this red open, get the grill out and get cooking! Jen enjoys this with some slow-cooked ox tail and a red wine stew, or she suggests smoking a barbecue brisket while you let this big blend breathe for a few hours after opening it. Cheers!
- My oh my. Sharon's new 'Feral' red is rowdy and wonderfully wild, with enticing aromas of baking spice, cinnamon and black cherry leading the way for tantilizing tastes of plush blackberries, plum and boysenberry in each sip, followed by just the right hints of dark chocolate, tobacco and spice on the silky, lingering finish.
- With your funding, Sharon snagged premium grapes from three top Central Coast regions of California – Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec from Paso Robles, and rich, robust Merlot from Livermore and Monterey – all for a killer price.
- This is a perfect dress-up-or-down red that will pair well with just about anything on the BBQ. Whether its savory ribs, juicy burgers, sizzling steak, pizza, pulled pork, chili verde, Tex-Mex, pasta with red sauces – you name it, it won’t disappoint.
With each fresh and fruity sip, taste raspberries and cherries blending with spicy oak flavors and hints vanilla, chocolate, spice and rosemary, capped off by a smooth, lingering finish.
With your help, Irene picked out vineyards growing mainly in the Curico Valley, in the central part of Chile. The valley’s Mediterranean climate makes for ideal Cabernet Sauvignon growing conditions, bringing out all of the grapes’ best flavors.
Irene says to take your time and let this wine breathe a bit before sitting down for a laid-back meal of thick, juicy steak or sweet, savory barbecue. Make your next meal a tasting tour of Chilean wine country – cheers!
- Stephen brings you this classic California Cabernet with a delicious dive into dark berries and cherries leading into a long, complex finish.
- Thanks to Angel funding, your 3-time Winemaker of the Year was able to personally select a single estate vineyard in Lodi with the best grapes possible for bringing out this Cabernet’s fullest colors and flavors – just for you!
- This luscious red can easily hold its own against other California Cabernets, at a value hard (impossible?) to beat. Stephen plans to sip it with a grilled bone-in rib-eye on the side – he suggests you do the same!
This Australian Young Winemaker of the Year returns again with a gorgeous plum-colored Cab that’s full of blackberries, raspberries, a touch of licorice and a long, toasty finish.
The heavier rainfall in Northeast and Central Victoria made for an exceptionally amazing batch of grapes for this vintage – plump and rich, they add endless layers of rich depth to a crowd-favorite red.
From the careful fruit handling to her meticulous production process, there’s a reason why Jen’s Cab Sauv dwindles down to a big fat goose egg each year. And with the ideal growing conditions that played out for this vintage, you’ll want to snatch up a bottle quick.
- Stephen's dangerously drinkable Shiraz hails from a single-vineyard Lodi estate that grows oodles of dark and juicy fruit.
- If you've never heard of Lodi, you have to check it out. This region is just a little off the beaten path, but it's producing sensational wines at very un-Californian prices.
- You'll open this when you just want to relax in the afternoon. Stick your nose in a glass and breathe in deep. This exotic, berry-packed red smells better than any perfume.